Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you miss most?

I miss Pepsi and not having any pain when I eat.

How far out are you?

5yrs ago I quit smoking after being a 1.5-2pk a day smoker for 10yrs. One of my biggest motivators was my grandma dying from lung disease. My grandpa is now also suffering from the worst case of emphysema his dr has ever seen. You honestly just have to make the decision that you are done. If you don't want to quit nothing is going to make you quit. The first few days sucks but it was the best choice I've made in a long time. Now the smell of them makes me so sick I have no desire to ever smoke again. Remove yourself from situations where you would normally smoke and busy yourself with other things. put that money you would be spending on cigarettes in a jar somewhere each time you have the urge to buy a pack and look at how much you save a month. If you have kids look at them every day and remind yourself you want to be healthy for them. That should be motivation enough.

It does. Thank you very very much. I can do this!!!!

I am such a carnivore so I definitely miss my big juicy steaks!

plus, I miss the different textures of real food :( .

I love steak. It's one of the easiest things for me to eat. A 4 oz steak is perfect. yum yum.

Oregondaisy: I hope I heal like you!!

I had my surgery done 2/6/13.. And you?

Mine was 2/11

You just quit. It will be 7 years this July that I quit smoking. The only way I could do it was cold turkey. I said I was done and I meant it.

Amanda Rae

Its true the only way is cold turkey! But you truly have to want to quit. I tried gum Patches chantex and went back to smoking. I finally was truly ready to quit and did. Be warned of the its OK ill have just one cigarrete with my friend thing because it is a trap! you will get sucked back into smoking and eventually by packs again. It took me a year to figure all this out so hopefully you wont have to go through it. I smoked a pack a day for 10 years and I quit 14 days pre op. As of today that's 2 months tomorrow. I have quit in the past for about a month then said oh just one puff and went back to smoking, be careful of that Good luck

Its true the only way is cold turkey! But you truly have to want to quit. I tried gum Patches chantex and went back to smoking. I finally was truly ready to quit and did. Be warned of the its OK ill have just one cigarrete with my friend thing because it is a trap! you will get sucked back into smoking and eventually by packs again. It took me a year to figure all this out so hopefully you wont have to go through it. I smoked a pack a day for 10 years and I quit 14 days pre op. As of today that's 2 months tomorrow. I have quit in the past for about a month then said oh just one puff and went back to smoking' date=' be careful of that Good luck[/quote']

Smoking is a lifelong struggle for most ex smokers...as I'm sure you've come to find out. :) I quit 4 years ago and up until a week before surgery I would bum the occasional cig from a friend. I was able to keep it under control to a point though (not being able to control around friends who were smokers isn't exactly completely in control right?) The surgery has been a godsend because I haven't touched one in a long time...even around friends. My sinuses are so much clearer and no more phlegm...blech! Even one a week screwed me up big time.

Good luck to all facing quitting...I know how hard it is...but quitting is a great feeling...literally.