Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On the Cusp of a New Clothing Experience...and the Savings!

I know it's a first world problem to complain about having to buy clothes to have them fit for about two months (with added alterations costs), but it has been a hassle and huge strain on my wallet since I usually wear suits to work. I've pretty much exhausted the range of sizes in my closet and am in need of a new set of clothes all together. This has forced me to get out and start shopping. Well...around the holidays I discovered that clothes at the big and tall store no longer fit me, but was discouraged that it was hard to fit into the next size down at Target or Kohl's (I refuse to buy at Nordstrom until I'm at goal).

Now things are starting to fit! I picked up a couple of pairs of pants off the clearance rack at Target the other day for 7 bucks each. What's even better is that I've been finding designer dress shirts in excellent condition at the Goodwill...I even found a tux for 20 bucks! I've also rediscovered eBay--- just scored a pair of Levi's for $1.04!!!

So I guess I'm sharing this as both a non-scale-victory and to let folks know to search out the deals; and please, if you have ideas about ways that your are saving money on clothes, share with all of us!

I am doing the exact same thing, I will not pay over 15 $ for anything right now... any store I go into I shop the sales rack only untill I get closer to goal....

also I was just told about a few consignment shops in my area for BBW for my dress clothes that I can try to make some money back ... checking that out this weekend.

I am still a way off from goal - I'm about half way. I have found that Sam's and Costo sometimes have some very good deals - even up to size 3X but for women's pants they generally only have up to size 18. Bought some really pretty shirts in Large - some were $4.61 and there were some that were $6.81.

Resale shops are good, although it's easier to find small sizes there so once one gets down to Misses 14 or 16 then there are usually some pretty good deals but the best deals are in the really small sizes like Juniors 3 or 5 and Misses 4 or 6.

Garage sales (and sometimes resale shops) are also good but they can be iffy and unless they have a place to try it on it's kinda hard to buy clothes there. Of course, if you are really into garage sales, you could wear something thin and just try on clothes over your clothes.

themilos

glad you've found a way to buy appropriate clothes for work without having to break the bank :)

congrats on your terrific weight loss too

96 lbs gone, gone and gone - WooHoo!!!!

edging up to enter the "world of the century club" - i'm holding the door wide open for you

i can see you have no problem now walking through :)

I know it's a first world problem to complain about having to buy clothes to have them fit for about two months (with added alterations costs)' date=' but it has been a hassle and huge strain on my wallet since I usually wear suits to work. I've pretty much exhausted the range of sizes in my closet and am in need of a new set of clothes all together. This has forced me to get out and start shopping. Well...around the holidays I discovered that clothes at the big and tall store no longer fit me, but was discouraged that it was hard to fit into the next size down at Target or Kohl's (I refuse to buy at Nordstrom until I'm at goal).

Now things are starting to fit! I picked up a couple of pairs of pants off the clearance rack at Target the other day for 7 bucks each. What's even better is that I've been finding designer dress shirts in excellent condition at the Goodwill...I even found a tux for 20 bucks! I've also rediscovered eBay--- just scored a pair of Levi's for 1.04!!!

So I guess I'm sharing this as both a non-scale-victory and to let folks know to search out the deals; and please, if you have ideas about ways that your are saving money on clothes, share with all of us![/quote']

Went to the goodwill myself today!! Got three pair of designer work pants, one top and three jackets for work for 22 bucks!! Couple if hundred dollars worth of clothes that are in excellent condition! Thrilled!!!!

I love to shop at thrift stores always have. Goodwill is also good. Or the clearance rack.