Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Ladies Only - Why Can We Eat So Much Right Before TOM??

I am wide wide open, I mean wide! I can feel TOM coming any day now (about a week early). Why can we eat so darn much at this time of the month??:peep:

I don't know but if you figure it out will you let me know? It drives me crazy!!! I am always soooooooo hungry and can't seem to get enough to eat. Sometimes I can feel full and still feel hungry at the same time!?!?

I try to eat a lot of veggies but my body (or head) wants salt and carbs.

I hear ya' Terri. I feel like I am going insane! The bottomless pit, I hate this feeling. TOM better be coming early because I can't go on like this for another week!

Man, I must be weird. Im lucky to get a shake down during that time! I cant eat anything the week before, of, or a few days after! I get so tight that nothing goes down at all! Which sux because I have cravings!

I figured it's the hormones, but what I DON"T understand it how it affects how much I can eat while banded with restriction! I don't think I need another fill, but maybe I do. I'll wait and see what happens when TOM goes out of town!

I am so glad that someone brought up this subject. I thought I was really wierd because a week beforeI start I can eat so much food, but once I start I go back to normal. After 9 months I finally know what it is to feel true restriction since a fill three weeks ago, and now that I am ready to start I feel like it's gone away and I need another fill. Everytime I explain it to anyone they feel I should be tighter with more restriction. Thank You! I am so happy I am not by myself! I am praying though that I will go back to my restriction that I had a week ago!

I am always so hungry that I can't seem to ever eat enough during TOM. And the cravings are out of control! Last night, for example, after eating chips, nuts, and doritos, I seriously, and I mean seriously, considered just pouring salt on my tongue and eating it. I was even salting my already-salted chips! I never lose weight, and sometimes even gain that week.

I also have a tendency to get stomach virus symptoms during this time. sorry I had more thoughts on the subject. I wonder why I cant eat and you all can? Also, because of the stomcah virus symptoms, I end up losing about 5lbs during this time, sometimes I gain it back and sometimes I dont, its about a 50/50 split. I dont know, I hate it during that time because I cant eat, and thats one of the worst feelings in the world. Being hungry and not being physically able to eat. Like everything I put in my mouth I just throw right back up during that time. Hmmmm.......How odd this is?

... I seriously, and I mean seriously, considered just pouring salt on my tongue and eating it. ....

This is me today Exactly!!! I bought some pringles and am sucking all the salt off til its mushie! I know not healthy but I am such a raging lunatic today!

I never thought weight loss could affect my TOM so much. Usually its no issue whatsoever - the last couple of days I'm bloated and crampy. I could care less about mushie foods and staying in my guidelines! I just want salt.

:embarassed: Hi...just wondering how long after surgery you felt ok to have sex with your significant other? Do we need to wait a few weeks, days? Thanks...

AngelaT,

Go for it if you feel like it. I don't think there's a time..just when you feel well enough. :peep:

Enjoy...it gets better and better as the weight comes off. :) :)

I know! I wish though it wasn't happening to me this week. I am going to see a friend of mine this weekend who I haven't seen since 2 months before my surgery. I know I am going to have a gain this week too. This morning I ate a half of a bagel and just last week that would have been impossible, that was after egg whites, 2 boca sausage and cheese. I still wasn't full! This is ridiculous. I know it's TOM, I can feel all the symptoms, but I called to make an appointment for another fill anyway.

Some people get wide open, while others get super restricted.

Part of the deal is that we are just a hormone Soup, and each has a different mix, while still being "normal." I supect that while you are PMSing, you spit out a bit more cortisol during this week. Excess cortisol makes many people feel hungry, this isn't a bad thing, just a thing.

Some people when they get really stressed get wide open, while others shut down so tight they can hardly swallow their own spit. When I have a fill, and I get super stressed I'm one of the ones that clamp down.

I clamp down about a week before TOM and it's not until at least 3 - 4 days after that I can eat w/o every bite feeling like a chunk of lead. I usually only have PB problems either right before or right after TOM.