Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone have moments where they just gag!

Taste buds are changing! The love for Desserts and hamburgers are completely gone and I can hardly tolerate chicken but I love beef. Every now and then the thought or smell of certain foods makes me want to throw up! Please tell me Im not the only one. Anybody experience this?

Yup! It happens. My post op stomach is much more sensitive than my old one. My biggest challenge was finding a Protein mix/drink that I could tolerate post surgery. I had settled on GNC's Total Lean until I got sick a couple weeks ago. Now, they're too sweet and upset my stomach :( I also have a love/hate with chicken. Some times, I love it. Others, it's just icky.

I wish I could say that my taste buds have changed, but no such luck. I do have moments when I'm fixing something to eat and then suddenly I realize I just do not want to eat..... but it's not about the specific food...

I am finding that I am more sensitive to smells, and smells make me gaggy.

I used to have an Iron STOMACH, poop smeared on the walls - no problem, toes rotting off is no big deal, gunshot wounds? What's for dinner.

That is not the case anymore. food smells set me off, body...smells... UGH

Lately I have been eating a lot of eggs... well, ONE egg twice a day and that seems to be fine so I just go with that.

I am finding that I am more sensitive to smells, and smells make me gaggy.

I used to have an Iron STOMACH, poop smeared on the walls - no problem, toes rotting off is no big deal, gunshot wounds? What's for dinner.

That is not the case anymore. food smells set me off, body...smells... UGH

Lately I have been eating a lot of eggs... well, ONE egg twice a day and that seems to be fine so I just go with that.

Toes rotting .....lol *blech*

I took someone up to the hospital once who had rotting feet. The nurse said he had pseudomonas (sp?). Worst thing I've ever smelt. I said to him "Dude your feet smell worse than dead people!"

My taste in food is pretty similar to what it was but I'm only 1 month out so I haven't eaten anything but Protein and shakes. But SMELLS are unbelievable. I work in a customer service position, with 3 feet of granite countertop between me and the guests. But people's breath and body odor are so in my face all day. It is sickening- I can smell their tooth decay and what they ate for their last meal. It is truly disgusting, actually stomach-turning.

Sorry to be a whiner, but I can't complain about this to anyone else!

Did your senses change instantly or from month to month? Nothing grosses me out except Splenda and I wish sugar and fat grossed me out but it doesn't :(

Did your senses change instantly or from month to month? Nothing grosses me out except Splenda and I wish sugar and fat grossed me out but it doesn't :(

I was hoping that I would suddenly be repulsed by all the "bad" stuff but no, apparently it won't be that easy... :(

I do agree that my tastes have changed since surgery. Things I used to love are now either unappetizing or just "meh". I also notice that I definitely have changed as far as how I see portion sizes. Sometimes it makes my stomach turn just looking at large or even "normal" portion sizes. It amazes me that pre-surgery they were commonplace for me or not enough!

I have been nauseated/gagged a few times. The first two times I don't know why. This last time I was riding in a car and had just eaten a piece of Sonic grilled chicken out of the wrap way too fast. Hubby almost had to pull over! I won't be doing that again.

-Kendra

Toes rotting .....lol *blech*

I took someone up to the hospital once who had rotting feet. The nurse said he had pseudomonas (sp?). Worst thing I've ever smelt. I said to him "Dude your feet smell worse than dead people!"

Ok I'm pouring out my coffee now -__-

I swear law enforcement and medical personnel

You people :P

And I thought broccoli smelled bad!

I loved tuna before surgery, heck it was the last solid thing I ate before surgery, now the very smell of it makes my stomach turn! I'm 4 weeks out and the other day my hubby bought me a fruit smoothie, I took one drink and gave it to him. It tasted sooo sweet. He said it wasn't that sweet but to me it was sickeningly sweet. Another one is this place I used to get fried chicken. It was my absolute fave even without the skin and so we went for dinner, I pulled all the skin off and ate the chicken and it was just ok. Part of me was disappointed but it's ok, other things appeal more to me now.

Smells I agree, i was sensitive before and now it feels like I'm ultra sensitive.

And I agree also with libearzmom, it kind grosses me out when I see how much people (including me before surgery) eat! Even normal portions look huge and kinda makes me feel ill.

I used to be a big coffee drinker... Had to have my minimum in the morning to start my day... It doesn't make me sick, but I no longer care for the taste. I have taken to having a cup of English Breakfast Tea every morning... I was never a big fan of beef, but now the smell turns my stomach. And ALL of the Protein Shakes I had pre surgery are sickeningly sweet now... Weird.

5 months out. Can't tolerate eggs at all. Water tastes very tinny to me (I loved water!!) have to add crystal light to it. There are days I really don't want to eat anything but I force myself because I have to & then there are times - right before my monthly - that I could pick all day....strange..

I agree about the smells. I have always had a really good sense of smell, but now I feel like I could compete with a hound dog. I feel like I can pick out the undernotes of what I eat. I really liked the Unjury chicken Soup prior to surgery, now the smell makes me feel queasy. I told my husband just to put it on the shelf where I won't accidently open it.