Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy Tuck Pics **WARNING!** SEMI NUDE ** GRAPHIC ** 5 days post op

Well - I did not have muscle tightening done because I did not need it' date=' but I hear that is extra painful. With VSG I had much more trouble sleeping and getting up because my abs hurt so much. However I did not take any pain meds for my VSG when I got home. I didnt need it. The worst pain I had with VSG was the gas day 3 in the hospital. With the Tummy Tuck the incision doesnt hurt at all even though it looks the worst. I did take my pain meds for a while though because it was very uncomfortable laying down because my drains are in the back of me. Thats another thing too - drains suck and I didnt have them with my vsg when I got home. All surgery sucks but its kind of hard to compare because it is apples and oranges. I can say I have a very low pain tolerance and I would do both surgeries over again in a heartbeat. It is so awesome being able to look in front of the mirror and smile. hope this helps - Shayne[/quote']

So did you actually have a panniculectomy instead of a yummy tuck? I'm still learning about all of the different options.

So did you actually have a panniculectomy instead of a yummy tuck? I'm still learning about all of the different options.

No its an extended Tummy Tuck. Panniculectomy is only removal of excess skin below belly button. I have skin removed starting above my belly button all way down to about an inch and a half above my penis and all around the back to get rid of love handles. A new hole was punched in my stomach to allow the belly button to be attached to its new home. Muscle tightening is not always necessary and the dr doesnt know untill he actually gets under there. Less pain for me - its a good thing. Think of a panni removal as the bear minimum - definately inferior to the tummy tuck, but better than nothing if that all that the budget permits.

No its an extended Tummy Tuck. panniculectomy is only removal of excess skin below belly button. I have skin removed starting above my belly button all way down to about an inch and a half above my penis and all around the back to get rid of love handles. A new hole was punched in my stomach to allow the belly button to be attached to its new home. Muscle tightening is not always necessary and the dr doesnt know untill he actually gets under there. Less pain for me - its a good thing. Think of a panni removal as the bear minimum - definately inferior to the tummy tuck, but better than nothing if that all that the budget permits.

Thank you! That makes total sense! I really appreciate the plain English explanation. :)

Wow! Looks like they cut you in half and sewed you back together! However, what an amazing and lean bod you will have/have for this summer! You SHOULD smile every time you look at yourself - what an awesome accomplishment!

Wow! Looks like they cut you in half and sewed you back together! However, what an amazing and lean bod you will have/have for this summer! You SHOULD smile every time you look at yourself - what an awesome accomplishment!

Well in actuality they kind of did - LOL

OMG. Where's my list? Facelift. Breast implants. Cross off tummy tuck!

Nah - its worth it - trust me - I just about broke my lips from the smile I had looking at the reflection of my flat sweet flab free stomach this morning. :D

Nah - its worth it - trust me - I just about broke my lips from the smile I had looking at the reflection of my flat sweet flab free stomach this morning. :D

That's fantastic. You look really good and it is great that you are happy with the result.

Please ad a few picks in a few months of the healing process and end result. This is so very helpful to all of us chickens who are scared to do this. It is so very awesome of you to share this with all of us. Thanks again!

Wow, you are truly an inspiration on here! Thanks for sharing and we would definitely love to see future pics!

Hey shayne, just wondering how you were feeling and doing this week? Hope all is well

Sent from my iPhone using VST

WARNING - SEMI NUDE - GRAPHIC - EXTENDED Tummy Tuck PICS

Well just saw the doctor today and he took my binder off and checked my surgery and everything is healing up great. I am very pleased with the results and its only 5 days post op. Its gonna look smoking hot when everything heals up. Today is the first day I got to actually see the results. Its like a Christmas present being unwrapped. Its not as common to see pics of guys having a tummy tuck so this should be good to give you obesityhelp guys an idea of what to expect in results from and extended tummy tuck. Oh - And I got to say the scars look far more painful than they actually feel. Yes Im taking my pain meds so Im sure that helps but it definitely doesn't feel as rough as the pics look.

BUT FIRST THE BEFORE TUMMY TUCK PICS!

My belly button was VERY sad indeed!

Nice side tummy roll!

LOTS OF SKIN!

LOVE HANDLES GALORE!

AND NOW THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!

Here are the pics of my extended tummy tuck:

Above is a closup of my new belly button. Im in love!

Very Pleased with my new tummy!

It is definitely an extended tummy tuck - no more love handles!

Bye Bye excess Skin!

Drains - a necessary evil!

Thank you so much sharing. My husband wants the same surgery. If you dont mind me asking..cost? Time off work for procedure? Healing time?

Hey shayne, just wondering how you were feeling and doing this week? Hope all is well

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Doing well thanks. Unfortunately I cant have my drains taken out yet so I have to deal with them for another 2 weeks. Im going back to work on tuesday drains an all. Im off pain meds now - just tylenol before bed. Thats about it - when I get my drains taken out there will be a good photo update. :D

Thank you so much sharing. My husband wants the same surgery. If you dont mind me asking..cost? Time off work for procedure? Healing time?

Cost 5800 dollars. At least 2 weeks off work - closer to 3 for me. As far as healing time I'll let you know when I am healed up. Im not in pain though so thats good. Just a little nerve pain in my legs every now and then and irritation when I lay on my drains in bed.