Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is anybody out there suffering from pcos?

What does ur ob doc have u doing. Im five months out and 8 weeks and have an ultrasound tomorrow. Would love to compare notes with someone in my boat.

I love my doc. She said same as the other person's i'm high risk cause of the surgery but with the sleeve very few complications happen. She said i will have a few more ultrasounds than normal to make sure baby is growing and if baby is on track then no worries if baby is small i have to try to up calories. I also had to have blood work and they tested everything one could imagine to make sure my Vitamin levels r on track. I also take extra folic acid cause thats the one ur body has trouble absorbing now. Otherwise she said as long as ur out of the drastic weight lose phase that i will be healthier this pregnancy and don't worry cause baby will take from u first.

I have PCOS and this is the reason why my husband and I decided the surgery was the best way to go. My doc pretty much said my body needed a rude awakening and this drastic measure would help me achieve my dream! I've been married for 10 years and we are EXTREMELY excited about the many possibilities in the future.. I just recently had my surgery so I haven't been to meet with my doctor.. I kinda don't want to take BC because I have had many bad experiences with them (mainly weight gain) and I also don't know how long to wait for it.. Aaahhh... the many possibilities!! I see the light!!

I have had PCOS for ten years. The weight that came with it I done reason for my surgery. Can't wait to try to get PG in 18 months!!!

I have had PCOS for ten years. The weight that came with it I done reason for my surgery. Can't wait to try to get PG in 18 months!!!

I will say be careful. I planned on same thing bit figured we didnt have to be to careful as it had been years of no babies or protection and surprise i got pregnant the one time we didnt use any. Im so happy for u though and i did this surgery for the same reason. Good luck

I have PCOS and this is the reason why my husband and I decided the surgery was the best way to go. My doc pretty much said my body needed a rude awakening and this drastic measure would help me achieve my dream! I've been married for 10 years and we are EXTREMELY excited about the many possibilities in the future.. I just recently had my surgery so I haven't been to meet with my doctor.. I kinda don't want to take BC because I have had many bad experiences with them (mainly weight gain) and I also don't know how long to wait for it.. Aaahhh... the many possibilities!! I see the light!!

I to have bc problems and we decided plan around ovualtion. Just be careful i spontaniously ovualted right after i bled so whatever u choose do it 100%

I have PCOS and that is the main reason for my surgery. My insulin resistance is very bad and has caused many problems. I was diagnosed about 7 years ago and have tried a gagillion things with no avail. My husband and I want to start a family and I was told this is my best option. My surgeon said it will drastically improve my insulin resistance, weight and in turn fertility.

I am happy that so many of you have had baby success. I have read that PCOS makes losing weight slower even with VSG, had this been the case with any of you?

My surgery is set for sept 16.

I have PCOS and that is the main reason for my surgery. My insulin resistance is very bad and has caused many problems. I was diagnosed about 7 years ago and have tried a gagillion things with no avail. My husband and I want to start a family and I was told this is my best option. My surgeon said it will drastically improve my insulin resistance' date=' weight and in turn fertility.

I am happy that so many of you have had baby success. I have read that PCOS makes losing weight slower even with VSG, had this been the case with any of you?

My surgery is set for sept 16.[/quote']

That was one of my reasons as well. However, your fertility will return with force. I'm pregnant now and just like previous writers. One month unprotected gave me baby number 3. No medical intervention no fertility drugs. Just the plain old fashion way lol. Good luck, and I hope you getas much Success as I did. Just over a month after Surgery my period return, and for the first time in my life I had 28 day cycles.

Sent from my EVO using VST

That was one of my reasons as well. However' date=' your fertility will return with force. I'm pregnant now and just like previous writers. One month unprotected gave me baby number 3. No medical intervention no fertility drugs. Just the plain old fashion way lol. Good luck, and I hope you getas much Success as I did. Just over a month after Surgery my period return, and for the first time in my life I had 28 day cycles.

Sent from my EVO using VST[/quote']

Same here lol. Baby three and i thought we'd never truly have another.

does pcos cause wt gain I have pcos too. :unsure:

Actually PCOS is a symptom of having too much weight on board. Fat (adipose) causes increased levels of androgens (male sex hormone) to be circulating on our systems. That's what makes it difficult to get pregnant. Women with PCOS don't ovulate as regularly, so it's hard to time sex with ovulation because it happens so infrequently. When we lose weight, often our periods become regular again and ovulation more regular, making it easier to get pregnant! There is also a component of insulin resistance with PCOS that can inhibit ovulation. That's why trying a medication like Metformin can be helpful. All in all, weight loss is good and can cure PCOS! Hope this helps!

(Don't forget there are exceptions to every rule. I know some who aren't overweight that have PCOS. It more common as stated above however)

:)

For those who already had surgery, how long did you wait before trying? My husband and I had this discussion today..

For those who already had surgery' date=' how long did you wait before trying? My husband and I had this discussion today..[/quote']

We were not trying and i was only five months out from surgery when i found out i was about three weeks pregnant. I had lost 60 lbs at that point. I know it not the best answer but when your ready for that baby let go and have fun. It can happen quick. They say 5-10% makes pcos better. Good luck

For those who already had surgery' date=' how long did you wait before trying? My husband and I had this discussion today..[/quote']

Side note we were trying not to get pregnant and due to past difficulties getting pregnant figured we would start six months before we wanted to be pregnant thinking it would take that long but surprise we slipped up once and it was that easy.

Really hope it's this easy for us. We tried for 9 years before we adopted.

My last one we had to do the whole clomid thing and it was so hard. And being heavy we have had a total of five years of unprotected sex with no babies amd weight loss was what i needed. Hope it is easy for u and ur hubby. Good luck and hopefully there is a baby in ur not to distant future