Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My hubby is in surgery now

I had my surgery a month ago and now it is his turn.

Been at the hospital since 6am, they took him back a little after 7:30am and now I wait and wait and wait!

I am worried though because he almost died getting the endoscopy...in fact they could not do it. They gave him meds to knock him out, he was still wide awake and they kept pumping him with meds until he completely stopped breathing, his Oxygen level fell and his heart rate plummeted. They had to bag him to bring him back, monitored him and do like 3 EKGs and then he was fine.

So they are doing the endoscopy under general prior to his sleeve surgery. I know they will be doing the breathing for him so it is all in the surgeon and ultimately God's hands.

Hopefully he will have an easy recovery!

I'm sure all will go well let us know how he is doing!

My prayers are with your husband for an uneventful surgery. Please keep us updated.

Prayers sent up - please keep us posted, I'm sure he will do well *hugs*

Praying for your husband! Let us know when he is out from surgery.

It is so hard being the one waiting... (Hugs to you)

Doc came out said everything was fine but that he has a big esophagus and he asked me why....I said I didn't know and he asked if he "stuffs food" and of course he has/does...so the Doc said he can't do that after surgery! Like no duh! They may keep him in hospital for an extra day or at least hold him until tomorrow evening. I have to wait another 2 hours to see him while he is in recovery so out to Breakfast I go. Bob Evans has a great yogurt with fruit..probably not low fat but I hardly eat any.

It is so hard to change our eating habits, but he can do this. I tell my husband to sit back and enjoy his food instead of inhaling it...... LOL Happy he made it out of surgery ok....Have a nice breakfast. :)

He is in the room and dry heaving! They gave him meds twice already and he feels so sick! My poor baby! Glad I didn't have that problem.....

Wishing him well... I remember that after surgery,

No fun. Hopefully they will find something that helps. And let him know it will get better.

Ok he is finally asleep....I had to go home (an hour away) to let the dog out and then drive back because he wanted his pillow and blankets from home...I brought them, he decided he was hot and didn't want them! I think he just wanted me to stay the night here....so here goes sleeping on a chair..... I think I am in store for a lot of babying this next two weeks or so....men are so bad! Lol...I love my hubby and am glad he is sleeping. They will be back for more meds at 11pm...Ancef and heparin along with some more IV pepcid. Oh and by the way don't push the PCA button for your hubby or they will kill you here...they said it is assault....LOL.

Spent the night last night with the hub...had to help him out of bed every hour...still dry heaving until about 3 am then he started throwing up blood...only about 1/4 cup so the doc changed him to phenergan for the nausea. It helped a little. The PA from the surgeons office came in and said this was "normal". I asked with all the dry heaving and puking if it would do damage to his sutures/staples, she said no.

I left the hospital at 7am to come home and sleep! He had his leak test and it was fine (I am shocked) but he did have reflux. So currently his blood sugars are still running high and he needs insulin coverage, his BP has been high too so he is getting IV meds for that.

Called hospital at 3pm, he is still dry heaving but less, running a fever now :o( has been able to take 1 or 2 sips of beef broth but obviously not enough to get him out of there on his own. I am hoping they still keep him today too. We are an hour away from the hospital, I would not take a stray dog to our local hospital here so my big fear is having him come home...still puking, still in a lot of pain and end up being dehydrated or with a leak!

I am soooo glad I went first or else seeing what is going on with him, I might have chickened out! Hopefully things will improve!

Tell them you want him to stay! Don't take him home like that even if it takes several days , he needs the iv fluids.

He is in my prayers!!!

Sorry to hear the problems your husband is going through. I hope it improves soon and he start having a speedy recovery. Remember to take care of yourself also! good luck to you both.