Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date was 1/22/13 and I have only lost 16 pounds

11 pounds of which were pre op. I feel like a failure. I have only lost 5 pounds since surgery. I do get the full feeling and know when to stop and I eat so much less than I used to, but the weight just isn't coming off. I am already back on my treadmill and working out and still stuck. So frustrated.

I'm right there with you. My weight loss is very slow too. I think that my body has gone into starvation mode and holding onto my weight. I am hopeful that soon it will just take hold. But watch the calories in your shakes and other liquids you are taking in. Thats all I can think if doing myself. hang in there it will happen... For both of us.

It seems as If the people starting with a low BMI, lose slower. Have you measured yourself? Sometimes when the weight isn't moving the inches are. Are you counting the amount of carbs your getting? If your eating, and drinking your Protein and Water, the weight will come off. Be patient, hide the scale for week, see what happens. Good luck!

Both of you have relatively low starting weights so that might be why you are losing slower. I was sleeved the same day and have lost 24 pounds including the preop diet. I am at a much higher starting weight though.

The biggest problem is I can eat almost whatever I want and feel no negative side effects. So, it is all discipline. If I had that I wouldn't have needed this tool to help aid with that. The only thing that has changed is I definitely feel full faster, so obviously I am eating less. I am tracking what I eat and making sure to keep my calories in line, but it would be very easy for me to exceed recommended calorie intake.

On weeks 2 and 3, I only lost 3 lbs total....but it was a loss...and I personally feel the slower you lose, the more chance for your skin to bounce back and not be all saggy. This may not have any science behind it but that is just what I think....weighed myself today and was down 4 lbs so it is what it is...some people just lose faster than others.

Bex:

You can do this. If you are not already doing so, just limit yourself to 2 ounces of Protein rich foods at a time, no more. Be sure to get in all 64 ounces of Water or sugar free fluids. Limit your calorie intake, as well. Mine is around 800.

I too, am a slow loser and have a low BMI. However; I have not had foods that aren't in my doctor's plan, and no matter how slow my weight has come off compared to others, I have not stopped trying. I had a long stall, and then ten pounds came off in 10 days! If I can do it, anyone can:) Good luck to you!

Grrr! I can't say it enough! Stop weighing....it only makes you crazy. Everyone loses differently and you can't compare your weight loss to others. You have lost 16 pounds...think about that in terms of hamburger! That's a lot of meat there girlie! Be proud! :)

Thank u so much for your support and replies. Even though I hate Protein Shakes and can eat regular food, I will try doing more shakes and less food. I WILL DO THIS!!!!! :)

Are you getting all your Protein? Your body is adapting, keep in mind that this is a process, if you loose "only" an average 2 pounds a week that will still be 104 pounds in a year!! Keep chigging away at it you will get there.

Be kind to yourself!

Try half a Protein Shake with your coffee....i hate them also!

I don't use Protein shakes but I have either yogurt, cottage cheese or scrambled eggs for each meal. I also have three glasses of skim milk a day and if I don't get enough Protein I add a package of sugarfree carnation instant Breakfast. I haven't started with meats or fruits or vegetables much yet. What ate you eating? I am tracking my foods on MFP. It tracks calories and protein so it's easy to see if you are going over with calories and getting enough protein.

The biggest problem is I can eat almost whatever I want and feel no negative side effects. So, it is all discipline. If I had that I wouldn't have needed this tool to help aid with that. The only thing that has changed is I definitely feel full faster, so obviously I am eating less. I am tracking what I eat and making sure to keep my calories in line, but it would be very easy for me to exceed recommended calorie intake.

Kristikay we all have to be accountable for what we do (or don't do), and what we eat. I know I have had to not let myself psych me out. Sadly ice cream will always go down better than fish but that still doesn't make it the right choice. Everyday that you make good choices you get a little stronger and it gets a little easier. The good thing about the sleeve is if you do go off diet you cannot stray too far or do too much damage! Remember to be kind to yourself.

Tomorrow I start my pre op diet with surgery on the 28th. I am going to take pre op measurements and try not to jump on the scale everyday. Guess we just have to remember that we didn't gain this overnight and we certainly won't loose it over night. I'll have to remind myself to go back and read this when I'm not loosing like I want. Lol