Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Peanut Butter

When can we have Peanut Butter? ?

This question is best answered by your doctor or nutritionist. All doctors have their own program of what you can and can't eat. However, keep in mind that Peanut Butter is very high and fat so keep that in mind once you have the OK to have some. One item you may want to consider, if on a stage where you are drinking shakes try PB2. This is an ingredient to add to shakes with ALL of the FAT removed. It's in powerder form. Adding it to a chocolate shake tastes just like a reese's peanut butter cup. Enjoy!

I used a little Peanut Butter blended into a Protein Shake while I was on pureeds, didn't have any problems, but I don't think it would be good to have straight peanut butter till released to whole foods. Best bet is always to ask your dr or nut since they seem to have varying policies on everything. Good Luck.

I didn't eat Peanut Butter till I was at goal. It's very calorie-dense and doesn't offer much in nutritional value, in my opinion.

Now that I am at goal, it's a treat food. I like it on graham crackers. Sometimes I put cut up banana on top.

Lynda

I was having some (creamy, not crunchy) the first week as it is an easily digested soft Protein, so it should work well for whenever your doc permits soft Proteins (and arguably purees.) I dropped if fairly soon thereafter in favor of denser proteins as I could tolerate them due to its high caloric content and didn't have it much until maintenance.

I love Peanut Butter, I eat it a lot. I do have PB2, but the regular stuff is my fave. I love fat, I eat a lot of it!

This is something to take up with your NUT, because every office handles this differently. I am not allowed Peanut Butter but my NUT is totally on board with PB2. Like others have mentioned it is powdered peanut butter. It has 85% less calories & fat than regular peanut butter. You can mix it with a small amount of Water to use it like peanut butter. It is great mixed with shakes. My favorite way to use it is in plain, fat-free greek yogurt. I mix 6 oz of the greek yogurt with 1 packet of Truvia & 2 tbsp of PB2. Very delicious!

i dont use Peanut Butter but instead i use PB2 of any other powdered Peanut Butter. I started using them at stage 2 soft foods.

Like ^ she said. Pb 2 has 85 percent less fat and when mixed tastes just like reg to me. I also love the chocolate pb2! Makes a great add into Protein shakes

This is something to take up with your NUT' date=' because every office handles this differently. I am not allowed Peanut Butter but my NUT is totally on board with PB2. Like others have mentioned it is powdered Peanut Butter. It has 85% less calories & fat than regular peanut butter. You can mix it with a small amount of Water to use it like peanut butter. It is great mixed with shakes. My favorite way to use it is in plain, fat-free greek yogurt. I mix 6 oz of the greek yogurt with 1 packet of Truvia & 2 tbsp of PB2. Very delicious![/quote']

Mmm, sounds good. I'm gonna have to try it with my next yogurt.