Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

It is quiet. I've got a half marathon coming up next weekend. Looking forward to that. Did my last long training run yesterday.

Oh and yes I'm running the half marathon in my vibrams.

Running Santa's Twilight 5K on Honeymoon Island, FL on Saturday. I've been sick and not been able to run much the last two weeks.

On week 4 of the app and chugging along fine but I must say it was cold yesterday (in the 20s) and for first time it felt a little harder to run. When breathing in the cold air felt like it was taking my breath away but I persevered. Hoping next run day is a little warmer.

Had my 1 yr post op appointment yesterday. Went pretty well, the doctor was happy with my results considering the gallbladder surgery and then the flare up now. Also met with the nutritionist and she gave me some really good pointers as far as my diet goes and trying to incorporate the running. Excited to get back on track and moving forward again.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Personal best on the tread mill last night 36:38 on my 5k. It was rough, hadn't ran in a month for a few self imposed reasons (2 rib and a thigh tattoo in a 2 week time period)...lol! No regrets!

Down 52 lbs since surgery on August 12, 68 lbs since first pre-op in May, 81 since highest in 2007.

post-183031-0-67926400-1387294036_thumb.jpg

post-183031-0-45729500-1387294075_thumb.jpg

Personal best on the tread mill last night 36:38 on my 5k. It was rough, hadn't ran in a month for a few self imposed reasons (2 rib and a thigh tattoo in a 2 week time period)...lol! No regrets! Down 52 lbs since surgery on August 12, 68 lbs since first pre-op in May, 81 since highest in 2007.

You look beautiful!

Did my circuit this morning. Happy hump day everyone.

You look beautiful!

Thank you so much LisaT!!!!

Started week 5 this morning and found it the most challenging yet. I have so far not had to repeat any days and accomplished each day with only some struggle. Today after the 3 5 minute runs I had to push myself for the first time and I am definitely a little nervous about day 2 which calls for 8 minute runs. Did any of you find the jump from 5 minutes to 8 minutes too challenging? I think I can do it but I think it will be extremely tough. I probably didn't start this thing at the best time of year since it is snowy, icy and in the 20 or 30 degree range each day but I really want to get through the whole app. Thanks for listening and any advice about running in freezing temps.

I think mine had a jump from 12 minutes to 20 minutes. I found that extreme and ended up altering it into 2 10 minute runs with a 30 second rest. After doing that twice I was able to get on program. In my opinion you should never repeat a day until you've failed at that day. Give it a shot. You might surprise yourself. The worst that can happen is you will only make 6-7 minutes and you'll know how much you need to improve.

As for running in the cold......move to Florida? Best I got.

Seriously, spoil yourself with some great winter running gear. For me, hands and ears are the 2 biggest things I need to keep warm. I can actually wear shorts into the mid 30s. Once I start running my legs do not feel cold, but my hands....oye!

Edited by Butterthebean

I am definitely going to continue and I keep chanting in my head with each step "I think I can, I think I can". As for Florida, not for me I usually like cold weather just not when the wind is making my eyes tear and nose run. Hoping Santa will bring me some new warmer running clothes. I agree its the hands, ears and face. I may get one of those ski masks that cover the whole face with eye cutouts. That would definitely be attractive.

Week 1 of my marathon trainer done! I'm still running mainly on the treadmill. I like my solitude. I know I'm going to have to eventually take it outside but there's just something about my own space. Silly I know but it's working for me right now so if it ain't broke don't fix it is my mantra.

6 more days till Christmas! Do you have all your gifts bought? Lol

Happy running everyone!!

I've continued running 2-3 days per week after finishing c25k App and am chipping away at c210k App on the weekend since it is too long for me to do on workdays. Don't have a huge desire to finish that one necessarily but want to go further so who knows.

My goal is to run 30 mins on regular run days and I'm finding it both boring and challenging to run those continuous 30 mins if that makes any sense but I love continuing with my running tho I've moved it inside for the winter for my workday 5 am runs. I am allergic to cold :)

I've continued running 2-3 days per week after finishing c25k App and am chipping away at c210k App on the weekend since it is too long for me to do on workdays. Don't have a huge desire to finish that one necessarily but want to go further so who knows.

My goal is to run 30 mins on regular run days and I'm finding it both boring and challenging to run those continuous 30 mins if that makes any sense but I love continuing with my running tho I've moved it inside for the winter for my workday 5 am runs. I am allergic to cold :)

I'm in the same spot as you. I don't want to lose my running ability and stamina however I have yet to find real enjoyment in running. I run 2-3 days a week still.

I've continued running 2-3 days per week after finishing c25k App and am chipping away at c210k App on the weekend since it is too long for me to do on workdays. Don't have a huge desire to finish that one necessarily but want to go further so who knows. My goal is to run 30 mins on regular run days and I'm finding it both boring and challenging to run those continuous 30 mins if that makes any sense but I love continuing with my running tho I've moved it inside for the winter for my workday 5 am runs. I am allergic to cold :)

Great to see you checking back in. I'm allergic to the cold too. LOL