Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

My 22 minute run on Saturday kicked my booty! I was just exhausted yesterday and took a day off other than a little gardening! I'm just going to do some squats and inclined walking on the treadmill tonight because from here on out my c25k routines are almost all running! :/ yikes!

You are awesome! Thanks for sharing your experiences in order to motivate others.

So I redid day 1 week 4, it really went a lot easier the second time around. Can't wait until I can run outside, I've been running on my treadmill and boredom seems to be enemy #1.

So I redid day 1 week 4' date=' it really went a lot easier the second time around. Can't wait until I can run outside, I've been running on my treadmill and boredom seems to be enemy #1.[/quote']

Nothing wrong with running on a treadmill! Try increasing the speed and/or incline. I found increasing the incline has brought new life into treadmill running and really muscles up the quads. Try 1-2%.

Hey Chitowngirl, I don't have a treadmill. My ideal would be to have one for weather issues or when my wife is out of the house and I can't leave the kids. I think there's pro's and con's for both, but at the end of the day - just run! ;):)

Dean, sounds like you have inspired a revolution in here and at home :)

I am off to the physio again tommorow, and am going to see if I can get back into running. I miss it so much, not that I have ever run a full 5k yet, 2 k was the max i got to in one stint. Was doing 8-10k with a mix of running/walking before the universe told me to stop.!

Dean, sounds like you have inspired a revolution in here and at home :)

I am off to the physio again tommorow, and am going to see if I can get back into running. I miss it so much, not that I have ever run a full 5k yet, 2 k was the max i got to in one stint. Was doing 8-10k with a mix of running/walking before the universe told me to stop.!

Hopefully the physio gives you a tick.

I haven't really inspired anything really. The people in this thread are crazy! :P

Went shopping for new running shoes today. North East Running Co in Beverly, MA - folks were so great there. Explained I am a newbie at this, they watched me walk without shoes, then had me try on 5 different pairs of shoes. Each time I ran up and down the sidewalk outside the store so they could see how I did. Hahahaha - finally running outside!! I ended up with a great pair of asics in some pretty wild colors. If I'm going to do this, it's gonna be fun! Got some toe socks and some wicking socks.

Tomorrow morning I am going to do a 4th day of week 1 - then Thursday nite - move on to Week 2.

I started the couch to 5k about 3 weeks ago. I start my 3rd week program tomorrow...I have re-done a few days here and there. I HATE running but I look forward to this everyday. I started it because i am hoping it will help me with my last 30 pounds and my belly!!! Best of luck to all!

Week 7, day 1: DONE! Run 25 minutes- I even pushed it to 26.5 minutes because I run slow and didn't get to 2.5 miles while running. This was a treadmill night and treadmill is much easier on my body so I can run longer.

Just let me say, it feels AMAZING! If anyone told me two months ago that I could run for two miles, I'd have asked them what kind of crazy stuff were they smoking! If I can do this, anyone can!

This is such a fantastic, supportive thread! Thanks everyone! Happy running!

W4D2 was accomplished this morning. I seemed to be more relaxed with the last two runs then the first two. Hoping I will eventually find my "mojo" and be able to relax with the whole run!

You guys are all doing great. The big payoff is going to be that day when you can just take off for a run with no thought to distance or time. Just run as far as you want, whatever makes you happy. There will be a time very soon when you all will be running down a trail, thinking about your life and your weight loss, family, friends...and you'll realize you're not thinking at all about running. You're just doing it. It's a great feeling. Keep it up everybody.

You guys are all doing great. The big payoff is going to be that day when you can just take off for a run with no thought to distance or time. Just run as far as you want, whatever makes you happy. There will be a time very soon when you all will be running down a trail, thinking about your life and your weight loss, family, friends...and you'll realize you're not thinking at all about running. You're just doing it. It's a great feeling. Keep it up everybody.

Can't wait for that day. I will enjoy it and think about everyone here who supported and encouraged me.

Week 2 day 1 was last night. New shoes felt great. Still doing a lot of self talk - like you can do this! Good work, keep up this pace, etc.

Next week I will go to the class, but as am having a breast biopsy 2 days prior, no running. I can walk, so I plan to walk fast - and as soon as I am cleared to run I will do week 3 on my own.

Never in my life would have thought I would EVER feel disappointed when someone told me I could not run. What a shift in mindset.......

Installed the app and just got back from the first session. Anyone else interested?

Deano

What's the app called

Week 4 is now in my rear view mirror!!