Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

I am currently doing it. I am on week 2 day 2. I love it. I love that I can go at my own pace. It's been a while since I ran, so I'm starting out pretty slow. I am doing my walking pace @ 3.0 on my treadmill and the run pace is 4.0. Once I'm done with this one I think I'm going to repeat and do my walking pace at 4 and running pace at 5.

You'll be fine! If any of us have to repeat a week, no biggie :)

It beats sitting on the couch!

I had my surery jan 29 and im doing a walking dvd i would love to do couch to 5k but i live in upstate ny and theres about 3 feet of snow everywhere maybe in the spring and ill convince my SO todo it with me cause he ran in highschool.

I had my surery jan 29 and im doing a walking dvd i would love to do couch to 5k but i live in upstate ny and theres about 3 feet of snow everywhere maybe in the spring and ill convince my SO todo it with me cause he ran in highschool.

Might look a bit like cabin fever, doing laps of your living room!

Nice. You must be nailing it now!/

I made my own verison of this because i enjoy the HITT workouts so i up'd it just a tad lol.....i walk at 3.0 for first 2 mins than every min i bump it up 2 clicks till i hit between 5-10 mins its about how your muscles feel before you really wanna hit it. Ill run at 5.5/6 for a min bump it down to 3.5 or a 4.0 for another min than back up to 5.5/6 and keep doing that for about 20 mins than the last few mins of my run ill go as high as i can for as long as i can than stretch out at low speed :) Just becareful doing it this way i fractured my foot doing it last year lol

Just bought this Application because my friend recommended the application to me and it looks fantastic I cannot wait to get started!!

Might look a bit like cabin fever' date=' doing laps of your living room![/quote']

Yeah I know, got a nice change of scenary today the wall at the gym on a treadmill woot lol my big incision is still pinching like heck when i walk a long time.

I made it through the first night of week 3 and even added my extra 1.5 minute run at the end. I did get a little stitch in my side during one of the runs (I was running at 5mph on a 1 or 1.5% incline) and slowed down a little for the last run and did ok. Running three minutes at a time is a challenge.

But, I did it!

I might end up doing week three for week four as well... ;)

Repeating a day or even a week is absolutely the right thing to do, anytime you feel the need. That's the beauty of this program. Proud of all of y'all who give it a go. Since being sleeved, C25K is the best thing I've done. I no longer care about the scale moving, only how far I can run. It's a much more fulfilling focus.

I have 8 year old twin girls. My kids are kept busy.

We have them in -

Squad Swimming

Nippers (ie Junior Life Guards)

Tennis

Netball

Piano

Australian Youth Choir

It's all pretty expensive to be honest.

One of the girls came for the C25k jog with me last night. Her sister and her Mum were at choir, so she had to.

It was cool doing something together and talking about food and exercise the whole time. We both enjoyed it.

Now both girls are really excited about both coming out tonight, and can't stop talking about it.

All for $1.99 app.

Was a bit of a light bulb moment really.

I started tonite doing day 1 of week 1 and its going good. My app was free and it tracks distance.

I have 8 year old twin girls. My kids are kept busy.

We have them in -

Squad Swimming

Nippers (ie Junior Life Guards)

Tennis

Netball

Piano

Australian Youth Choir

It's all pretty expensive to be honest.

One of the girls came for the C25k jog with me last night. Her sister and her Mum were at choir' date=' so she had to.

It was cool doing something together and talking about food and exercise the whole time. We both enjoyed it.

Now both girls are really excited about both coming out tonight, and can't stop talking about it.

All for 1.99 app.

Was a bit of a light bulb moment really.[/quote']

When do you get time to work? And how on earth do you get time to be on here? Are you a twin too because it would take 2 people to do what you do?

When do you get time to work? And how on earth do you get time to be on here? Are you a twin too because it would take 2 people to do what you do?

Half the time I'm at these things with the girls and on VST on my phone!

It's good to keep them busy. My wife is a bit of a machine and doesn't stop with them either.

This sounds pretty cool. How far out of surgery were you before you felt like you could start this (no necessarily DID start it). For the last few years I've really wanted to do a Try-a-Tri that is near where we camp every summer in July. It's a 400m swim, 13.1 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run. How soon will the average sleeved feel up to starting to train for this? My surgery is scheduled for 3/11 which only gives me 4 months until the event.

I'm in! I had printed the plan off of pinterst and had it taped to the treadmill. I'm almost 6 weeks out so have docs ok to really exercise. Just did day 1! Wanted an exercise top with compression to feel more secure. Did it with an empty stomach, Water earlier. Drinking Premier Protein shake now! Accountability may be just what I need! Great idea!