Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies/Gents:

Talk to me about Alcohol. What's the deal? Please share your experience...

Lol can of worms. Here's a few posts if you hit the search button that may help you out. There will be tons of different answers and some ppl will try and strangle you. I think you should wait for a few months before you drink. I choose not to drink because I'm afraid of addiction and it is very high after this surgery and I also don't want to take a chance in getting ulcers or ruining my stomach lining. But that's just me!

Im 6ish weeks out and ive drinkin twice now.....it only took a few to get me really good and tipsy haha but it didnt bother me sea breezes are good and low on cals and carbs sprite zero with any flavored vodka is great lol just keep it in moderation and sip it or else youll be the drunk chick everyone stares at your pouch cant handle alot at once. have fun stay safe :)

Nooooo!!!! Not the alcohol question again!!!! :P

I think what we all came up with is that is NOT a good idea really early out, and it is a great discussion to have with your doctor, because at the end of the day WE DON'T KNOW SQUAT!

Especially Fyre up there :P

I've had a single beer on about 4 occasions. It took me about 2 hours to drink it and really, I could take or leave it.

Pre sleeve a could easily knock over a slab (is slab and Aussie-ism? A box of 24 beers) in a night and then move onto whiskey.

I don't really have any interest in the empty calories now.

Deano

....Laura

post-40715-13813663067751_thumb.jpg

Ok..just an opinion. It is really easy to get cross over addictions...of any sort if you were an emotional eater especially! As for drinking socially, I had my first drink way to soon...like less then 4 weeks because I was over at a friends house and they pored me a shot...which I would normally take, and she didn't know about my surgery. So I felt like she would know something was up if I didn't take it. I was drunk after the second one. I didn't drink again for a while...but since losing weight I have more energy, as well as self confidence, so I have been going out with friends a lot lately. It hasn't stopped me from almost reaching goal, but all I ever drink is shots of either tequila or vodka because there are no carbs in them, and I only need two to three and I am good for dancing! However I can tell you that I know that I could easily become an alcoholic if I didn't watch it. I can't have the food I was addicted to anymore, so if I wasn't careful I could see numbing my emotions with alcohol instead. Thankfully I recognize this and I will not ever buy alcohol for the home...and since my friends can only come out with me two times a week...I really am not subjecting myself to the addiction. Please just be careful! No matter what others say, it's only you that has the choice to make. It's also only you that has to live with the consequences of those choices. Good luck! :)

MY FRIEND GOT SLEEVED AND ONE LIL MIX DRINK AND SHE WAS ON A GOOD ONE . BUT I WOULD WAIT A WHILE AFTER YOUR DONE RECOVERING .AND REM ITS EASY TO GET ALCOHOL POISON NOW SO DONT OVER DRINK

I didn't drink until I was at least a year out after surgery. Then, around the holidays I started having cocktails on a regular basis (several times a week), and I really wish I hadn't done that; I know they contributed to some weight regain. Alcohol is totally empty calories and was the first thing to go when I got serious about losing the extra weight I've gained. If you MUST drink, wait until you're at or near goal, and make it a special occasion splurge, or you will risk weight re-gain.

I tried a mixed drink and spent the night on my bed spinning :P

Be careful it only takes a little alcohol to get drunk :P

Do a search on "alcohol" up top. It is a frequently debated topic.

Yeah, I have a policy if I go out drinking. If I'm not in bed by 10 - I go home!

Yeah' date=' I have a policy if I go out drinking. If I'm not in bed by 10 - I go home![/quote']

Right!!! It's not safe to drink away from the house anymore I may end up spinning around lost lol

I tried a mixed drink and spent the night on my bed spinning :P

Be careful it only takes a little alcohol to get drunk :P

My kinda girl!!

And "spinning".... is that some new kinda position I don't know about ??

My kinda girl!!

And "spinning".... is that some new kinda position I don't know about ??

You're from California. I think you guys invented all the positions.