Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I saw my surgeon today because I thought maybe still do think that I'm not doing something right! HW:319 , dos:307, today 236... Well last week 225!! This is super frustrating I was sleeved 2-5-13.. I am as active I can be for now... He never gave and still hasn't specified restrictions. I can eat any and everything but I don't. I try n stay under a 1000 cals a day not over 1200.. I've done every trick in the book and have gained!!! Like wth!!!!! I am so not happy!! Then he tell me they have a damn diet program!! (Confused) I didn't let him butcher me to live life on a diet! Taking diet well as he put it appetite suppressants... Wth did I have surgery for????? Yeah I've lost weight but I lose this kinda weight with no surgery... I'm just venting y'all,, Now Back to regular programming!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I get it, it can be very frustrating. I have been loosing and gaining the same 5lbs for the last two months. At one point was down to 198 then back up at 203. I lost 48lbs before the surgery, lost 37lbs after the surgery. And at my 6 month dr visit, she jumped all over me for not doing enough exercise. So I stepped up my exercise routine to two hours a day, weightlifting 3-4 times a week, walking over 5 miles a day (most of it uphill). And keeping my calories to 1200 a day. After two weeks of sticking to the schedule I did not loose a single pound. Really bummed me out. I have been losing inches. Which makes me happy. And I know some of it is muscle. Its just that dang Dr Visit that made me feel so bad. Like I've been sitting around doing nothing the last 6 months. I'm doing all I can. Aside from quitting my job and making exercise my full-time job (so not going to happen).

Oh well, pity party over.

Seems to me your weight loss is great! So you gained a few lbs. You'll lose it again. Maybe you're retaining Fluid for some reason. My suggestion is to take a deep breath and try to calm down. Are you journaling what you eat? Maybe you should meet with the nutritionist and go over your food choices to see of you can tweak things. Our stats are similar but I am losing a bit slower than you and I'm probably taller (6'1") so I eat more' date=' usually 1300-1500 cals a day. I was told to expect to lose about 60% of my excess weight from the surgery but after that I would have to work at it just like anyone else.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.2[/quote']

I met with her and she looked at my mfp journal and said I was doing fine. I go to see a Endocronoligist next week. I am praying that my thyroids is the problem. Because this hasn't been a easy journey I've had to work durn hard to lose what I have lost. But thanks I just was so frustrated yesterday..

Totally understand your frustration. Hang in there!

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.2

Ok so I plateau for about 3 weeks its because I was also gaining muscle now I'm 170 from 243 sleeved 2/20. I feel stronger and better. I am walking about 5 miles daily and eating 6 small meals a day...

You are doing amazing! Glad you're past the plateau. I've been kind of stuck the last 2-3 months and losing maybe 5 per most Max. I decided to do 5 day reset to freshen up my restriction and discipline and start running and I'm going liquid day 1x per week and see some movement accelerating I hope. Am currently at 178 and quite thrilled but pushing for more. Dos 2/20/13. SW 224.

Grateful for today and eager for tomorrow

[ATTACH]18338[/ATTACH]

post-50852-13813669901795_thumb.png

Grateful for today and eager for tomorrow

Great job. You're looking great.

You are doing amazing! Glad you're past the plateau. I've been kind of stuck the last 2-3 months and losing maybe 5 per most Max. I decided to do 5 day reset to freshen up my restriction and discipline and start running and I'm going liquid day 1x per week and see some movement accelerating I hope. Am currently at 178 and quite thrilled but pushing for more. Dos 2/20/13. SW 224.

Let me know how that works for you. I been losing about 5 lbs a month too.

It looks like a lot of us have stopped losing. And now have to "work for it" which I don't really understand because by now most of us our professional dieters and know the basics. Why have we stopped losing if we are still eating way under the average persons resting calories. Have we really screwed up our metabolism that bad by our pre and post opt. diets? I am very happy with my 80lb weight loss but I am still in the obese category, which really sucks. Hopefully I'm just in a stall and will start losing again soon. But right now it sure doesn't seem like that's ever going to happen again.

I think almost everyone's rate of weight loss starts slowing around 6 months post-op. Our metabolism has adjusted to the lower calorie intake and thus slowed to a crawl. Weight lifting which builds muscle and also perhaps having a mixture of high-calorie and low-calorie days like the 5-2 diet may help from what I have read on the forum and elsewhere. Stepping up my activity level has helped me but I still have a long way to go. I find it interesting how impatient we all seem to become with the process when our weight loss slows or stops. And yet this is the most weight I have ever lost and the fastest I've ever lost it. I would never have achieved this without the sleeve and now I have to work a bit harder to keep going and reach my goal. Sometimes slow and steady wins the race. Hang in there every body!

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.2

I think almost everyone's rate of weight loss starts slowing around 6 months post-op. Our metabolism has adjusted to the lower calorie intake and thus slowed to a crawl. Weight lifting which builds muscle and also perhaps having a mixture of high-calorie and low-calorie days like the 5-2 diet may help from what I have read on the forum and elsewhere. Stepping up my activity level has helped me but I still have a long way to go. I find it interesting how impatient we all seem to become with the process when our weight loss slows or stops. And yet this is the most weight I have ever lost and the fastest I've ever lost it. I would never have achieved this without the sleeve and now I have to work a bit harder to keep going and reach my goal. Sometimes slow and steady wins the race. Hang in there every body!

I'm down a little over 60lbs and I know that's more than I have

I'm down a little over 60lbs and I know that's more than I have ever lost on my own.

Weighing 174 these days..... 34lbs to my goal

This was at a wedding a couple weeks ago. Dress is size 14... I can fit into a 10 but my boobs can't... Lol

This was a month earlier.... My birthday night out. This dress was a Medium!!!!!

post-48579-13813669968984_thumb.jpg

post-48579-13813669969478_thumb.jpg

Today I turn 32 years old! What a difference a year makes! 90 pds lost, no hyptertension, no high cholesterol, no depression or anxiety, I went from a size 22/24 to a 14, & I am happier than Ive ever been!!!!

HW 320lbs

Cw 230lbs

Height 5'9

Happy Birthday to me!!!!

Today I turn 32 years old! What a difference a year makes! 90 pds lost' date=' no hyptertension, no high cholesterol, no depression or anxiety, I went from a size 22/24 to a 14, & I am happier than Ive ever been!!!!

HW 320lbs

Cw 230lbs

Height 5'9

Happy Birthday to me!!!![/quote']

Yay happy bday!!! Great job!!!

Everyone is doing sooooo very well!!!! Congrats!