Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

How many calories are you eating a day? I need to change something.

Right now I'm not tracking really well but I aim for 1200. I haven't been tracking carbs as much but I keep them under 100.

So today is my official 6 month Surgiversary and I am so happy to report that I am down 71.8 lbs! So this week, not only did I lose the 3 lbs I gained on vacation I lost 2 more! I worked for it because of the gain and the past month has been more of a challenge as I am able to eat more and want to eat more and my weight loss has slowed. I am enjoying exercising so much more now though as it is so much easier than before and I want to start setting some fitness goals for myself. My experience of this surgery has been so easy compared to some of the horror stories I've read on this forum. I am very thankful to have had such an easy ride. But I now am in the nitty-gritty and will need to work at it to keep losing and reach my goal. Have a great day everyone!

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.8

8-19-13 I am 6 months post surgery. I posted regularly for a while but I retired June1st and I am just beginning to check out the posts again. I went to my surgeon today for 6 month follow-up. I am doing very well. My lab results were good except my cholesterol levels were up from my 3 month follow-up. My diabetes is much better controlled. My heaviest weight was 226 before I decided to check into surgery. It took me 3 years of yo-yo dieting to get down to 204. I am 5'3" and I was wearing 18w clothes. NOW, I am down to 133 lbs!!! I am almost there and Looking at what I need to do once I reach maintenance. It has been an awesome journey. I am so thankful and I do not mind being in front in pictures anymore.

So I am having a mini pity party....I gained 4 lbs then lost 2 of them. I have lost 85 lbs in 6 months and I am 15 lbs away from my goal weight. I know I have done great BUT to gain weight and in the first year has me discouraged and worried. I feel like I let myself slide because I was doing so well. Eating skinny cow ice cream, chips, cookies...... I pretty much have done this the entire time and continued to loose and I thought it was because I had 1 cookie or just a handful of chips instead of 6 Cookies and the bag of chips but now I gained! Why am I so shocked???? Have any of you felt that your old habits are slowly sneaking back into your life?

I gained three lbs while on vacation. You are not alone in struggling against the old eating patterns. I lost the three lbs plus two more after coming home but it was a rude awakening! And I had to work at it by cutting out the junk and hitting the gym. Don't know how old you are so it could also be hormonal and cycle related. For myself I am post-menopause so I have no one to blame except the woman I see in the mirror. The sleeve does seem like a miracle cure in the beginning but it doesn't change your brain. I know I have difficulty controlling myself when it comes to Cookies and potato chips so I don't keep them in my house. On vacation with my parents there were tons of chips, cookies, pie, ice cream and candy, plus beer and wine with dinner every night. Surprise! I gained weight! My parents are in their 80s, have never had a weight problem and are total sugar junkies. Oy! If I eat like they do I blow up like a balloon. Being honest with myself about my addict-like behavior when it comes to high-sugar foods especially is really important to my continuing success. You will re-lose the small gain. Just cut out the junk food and eat like you did in the beginning of your journey.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.2

Amen, sister. My old bad habits are sneaking back in now too. The sleeve is a tool, not a cure. I'm joining Weight Watchers today, to add another tool, one of weekly accountability on the scale and the weekly support meetings. Not sure about the meal plan, figure I'll stick to doc's 1200 cals including 60+ grams of Protein and compare to points for a while. It'll be interesting to see if Weight Watchers helps get my brain back in gear. Also am lucky there's a strong support group here in North Dallas, so am doing more with them as well.

Starting Weight 381

Current Weight 312(ish)

Sleeved 02/26/2013 by Dr Fernando Garcia in Tj Mx. Down a total of 57.8 pounds. SW 232' date=' CW 174. scale will sometimes slowly move back and fourth. This is the frustrating part. Keeping under 1000-1200 calories. Trying to exercise 2-3 x week. I feel great just wish I were losing a little faster. Oh and I'm 5'1.

1st pic the week before surgery.

2nd pic from today

[/quote']

You look awesome

So I am having a mini pity party....I gained 4 lbs then lost 2 of them. I have lost 85 lbs in 6 months and I am 15 lbs away from my goal weight. I know I have done great BUT to gain weight and in the first year has me discouraged and worried. I feel like I let myself slide because I was doing so well. Eating skinny cow ice cream' date=' chips, cookies...... I pretty much have done this the entire time and continued to loose and I thought it was because I had 1 cookie or just a handful of chips instead of 6 Cookies and the bag of chips but now I gained! Why am I so shocked???? Have any of you felt that your old habits are slowly sneaking back into your life?[/quote']

You have done great to have lost 85 lbs so far. Just let this set back encourage you to get back on track. You probably have to change some things up. I have lost 60 lbs so far and I am going to have to step some things up and change things around to continue to lose weight. Don't be discouraged.

You look awesome

Thanks, this is so challenging sometimes and you have to try to stay focused. This is a tool and sometimes I slip up but I'm loving my sleeve. I've lost about 63 pounds which is great. 100 would be better, lol

So I am having a mini pity party....I gained 4 lbs then lost 2 of them. I have lost 85 lbs in 6 months and I am 15 lbs away from my goal weight. I know I have done great BUT to gain weight and in the first year has me discouraged and worried. I feel like I let myself slide because I was doing so well. Eating skinny cow ice cream' date=' chips, cookies...... I pretty much have done this the entire time and continued to loose and I thought it was because I had 1 cookie or just a handful of chips instead of 6 Cookies and the bag of chips but now I gained! Why am I so shocked???? Have any of you felt that your old habits are slowly sneaking back into your life?[/quote']

I know that feeling all to well. I too have to struggle with wanting a few cookies and always struggle trying to keep those carbs down. I've also slowed on taking my Vitamins etc... It's taxing sometimes

I know that feeling all to well. I too have to struggle with wanting a few Cookies and always struggle trying to keep those carbs down. I've also slowed on taking my Vitamins etc... It's taxing sometimes

I think tracking your food helps a lot with the guilt of cravings. I have my occasional cookie or brownie, and Oreo 100 cal packs are a staple in my diet. Tracking for me has made me aware of what Im eating and if I can have that little indulgence.

I started using myfitnesspal again. I found it helps me really see what I eat. Sometimes I will be a 550 calories and other days I will be at my norm of 1200. My NUT said I need to eat at scheduled times because if I only eat 550 calories my body goes back into starvation mode and I won't loose. At 1200 calories I feel like I am eating and drinking all day long so she has me eating higher calories for my Snacks. Seems to work cuz I have lost the weight I gained back.

When I was big 4 lbs gain or loss was nothing, u couldn't notice even 10 lbs. Now that I'm a 9/10 4 lbs freaked me out thinking I was failing and that was just the beginning of the end to my new active life! I didn't have 85% of my gut cut out to fail!!! Back on track and realized that even if I do slip up I can still recover and carry on.

I started using myfitnesspal again. I found it helps me really see what I eat. Sometimes I will be a 550 calories and other days I will be at my norm of 1200. My NUT said I need to eat at scheduled times because if I only eat 550 calories my body goes back into starvation mode and I won't loose. At 1200 calories I feel like I am eating and drinking all day long so she has me eating higher calories for my Snacks. Seems to work cuz I have lost the weight I gained back.

When I was big 4 lbs gain or loss was nothing' date=' u couldn't notice even 10 lbs. Now that I'm a 9/10 4 lbs freaked me out thinking I was failing and that was just the beginning of the end to my new active life! I didn't have 85% of my gut cut out to fail!!! Back on track and realized that even if I do slip up I can still recover and carry on.[/quote']

I'm glad you and your nutritionist was able to get things figured out.

Hi all!

Since we are past the 6 month mark, according to my doctor it is time we take into consideration what our gall bladders are up to. I know every doctor is different, but if you haven't had that talk with your physician/nut, maybe you should consider it. A considerable percentage of WLS surgery patients have to undergo gall bladder removal because of the drastic change in weight and if any of us can prevent it, all the better!

Down 88lbs since being sleeved on 2/19.