Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I will be 7wks post op tomorrow and I constantly has a slight nauseated feeling all the time. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so what helps?

I will be 7wks post op tomorrow and I constantly has a slight nauseated feeling all the time. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so what helps?

I was 7 weeks post op on tuesday and i sometimes get a nauseous feeling an hour after i eat. Usually it just takes time and i feel better. Did your Dr give u a nausea med u can take? If so try that. Or change what your eating. Your new tummy might not like it!

I was 7 weeks post op on tuesday and i sometimes get a nauseous feeling an hour after i eat. Usually it just takes time and i feel better. Did your Dr give u a nausea med u can take? If so try that. Or change what your eating. Your new tummy might not like it!

He did give me a med which I never fill because I didn't need it in the beginning. I think I will give it a try. Mines is constant all day not just after I eat. I don't know what's going on.

He did give me a med which I never fill because I didn't need it in the beginning. I think I will give it a try. Mines is constant all day not just after I eat. I don't know what's going on.

Me too! Even bad enough I throw up! Started right after week 6! And only once after I ate! Yesterday i didn't eat at all and about 11 pm I was so sick... I ended up T McDonald's and got a small hamburger. And some tea. I felt like a new person! I ate again an hour later and way completely normal until I woke up this morning and started the nausea all over again! So weird!

I have a question...ok, let me warn you...TMI!!!!

For the past week my poop has been green. I do use Iron, but I have been taking it for months. I read somewhere that if you don't eat enough this can happen. Anyone else have this?

Also, I know it's not from veggies, I have added them, but I don't eat a lot and not every day yet

So excited! Down 29# as of this morning- sleeved 2/28- got myself a new shirt today, opted to reward myself with new running shoes at 25# loss, since I don't expect to see much change in that- updated my profile pic on here- SO excited to put on a Large shirt- and have it FIT!! :) Hope you all are doing well!! Today is the first time I've seen it in myself, and it's an amazing feeling. Keep up the good work sleevers, I'd be LOST without you!!!!!!!!!!

I was sleeved the 18 too and went for my 6 week check up and only lost 21lbs. I completely understand your frustration. BUT I know you're like me... Your clothes are soooo much looser and you're fitting into clothes you've not been able to, etc... I am 17 pounds from being under 200 and it's been decades since I've been there! I didn't have this surgery to follow a super strict diet, but to eat a lot less and lose weight! I still have a cookie now and then or something fried, but I only have one cookie not 6! I am 50 years old and know that I won't lose like a 25 year old. I can't set my expectations by comparing myself to others. I am excited about losing more and getting under 200! I will be there in a few weeks! How exciting! I still get discouraged and when I do, honestly, I don't come on here! I see too many people who had surgery near my date and have lost 50lbs! I see people being hateful and rude and to me that's more discouraging then my slow weight loss! Keep your chin up and know that you will get there! Sometimes on a slow journey you see the beautiful things that people going quickly miss!

Hi,

I was sleeved on the 19th and my loss has been slow too but miraculously I am losing inches! I don't really understand why this is, my Dietician (think you Yanks call them Nutritionists) calls it "weight re-distribution". Well, whatever it is I don't much care, I only know that I am steadily working my way back into my collection of clothes from previous weight loss!

You are so right, it's not good to compare. I am only 5ft tall and 200lbs, so not going to lose like someone 5ft 10 inches and 300lbs.

The most important thing for me is the belief that this time, as I say goodbye to each and every pound, it's for good! No more yo-yo ing.

Good luck folks.

Has anyone started taking Biotin & if so did you see an increase in your weight loss? I know its for hair & nails but I also read that it promotes your metabolism.. Is this true & how many mcg's do you take I see they have them from 300 to 10000 mcg's..??

Is Cereal pretty much off limits forever because it's eaten with milk?

Sent from my EVO using VST

Is cereal pretty much off limits forever because it's eaten with milk?

Are you not allowed to have milk? Or you mean the whole drinking/eating at the same time. My doc said ago is choice cereal is fine. Special K? Look for Protein and fiber;)

Yeah, I just meant not drinking while eating. If I can have a little bit of cereal and milk now and then, I'll be a happy girl!

Has anyone started taking Biotin & if so did you see an increase in your weight loss? I know its for hair & nails but I also read that it promotes your metabolism.. Is this true & how many mcg's do you take I see they have them from 300 to 10000 mcg's..??

I started the biotin before surgery...I take 1000mcgs daily. I don't kno if it helps metabolism though. The dr recommended that I take it so...

Yeah' date=' I just meant not drinking while eating. If I can have a little bit of cereal and milk now and then, I'll be a happy girl!

Sent from my EVO using VST[/quote']

Ive been ok'd for cereal and milk. I use special k Protein and almond milk prob twice a month. I get really full off of about 1/2 cup of it.

I know that it does increase metabolism. I haven't taken any biotin lately but before surgery I was told to stop taking get until after surgery for that reason.

Is cereal pretty much off limits forever because it's eaten with milk?

No... It's the cereal! Look at the carbs in a small serving! Whoa!