Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

Thanks. Been hard

Sleeved on 2/28... down 45lbs. This includes preop diet too.

Start: 243

Surgery: 217

Now: 198

Haven't been under 200 in forever. :)

That's great!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I have to agree with the past few posts... We need to give it time to work for us. I've also been thinking that maybe some of us are slower to losing because we weren't the excessive over eaters to begin with. I always tried to eat reasonably healthy. I did have months here or there when I didn't care' date=' but overall I was morbidly obese while constantly dieting and watching my intake. So, maybe I'm just over thinking it all, but maybe just maybe this is why the my scale isn't moving as quickly as others.[/quote']

I think your post is helping me. I can't imagine still being on liquids for the most part and not losing something. But if this is the only time that the scale won't move for me then I will take it. It has just gone too long, IMO, in the earliest of stages.

I have 3 more weeks before I can even start puréed foods (week 9). I have walked as much as I could since being cleared to exercise. Where my clothes were loose, I'm thinking they are starting to just fit again. But that would simply be impossible! SMH!

I just don't want to go to my 2 mo. follow up and the scale not have moved from my 1 mo. follow up! ARGH!

I think your post is helping me. I can't imagine still being on liquids for the most part and not losing something. But if this is the only time that the scale won't move for me then I will take it. It has just gone too long' date=' IMO, in the earliest of stages.

I have 3 more weeks before I can even start puréed foods (week 9). I have walked as much as I could since being cleared to exercise. Where my clothes were loose, I'm thinking they are starting to just fit again. But that would simply be impossible! SMH!

I just don't want to go to my 2 mo. follow up and the scale not have moved from my 1 mo. follow up! ARGH![/quote']

How long are you on liquids? I was only 10 days and then started soft foods. I didn't have a pureed stage. Once I started eating regular foods I just stopped cold in my tracks for over two weeks losing. I will be 7 weeks tomorrow and I am down 28lbs since surgery. I think there is something to how we ate before. I ate like a bird a lot of times, but hate bad foods or bad choices. Some days I wouldn't eat at all. I live alone and am disabled. I don't leave my house for days at a time sometimes and would just rather say in my chair then get up and fix something. Also, I am 50 and dont lose like I did at 25. I've been terrible to my metabolism and it's just gonna take a while for it to realize I am eating regularly and not gonna starve it anymore. I see a difference in my clothes and can no longer wear the jeans I wore before surgery, so I am getting there!

Sleeved on 2/28... down 45lbs. This includes preop diet too.

Start: 243

Surgery: 217

Now: 198

Haven't been under 200 in forever. :)

Awesome!!!!

I was also on the long full liquid diet, 8 weeks as well. I was good for about 7 of them. I was switched to blendered pureed week 9 but my birthday was on the 1st so I opted to start my pureeds a week early. I think it's lead to a few problems with my choices. After 2 months with only a shake I'm at a complete loss as to what to do for my foods now. I'm also only supposed to eat 3 times a day, which bothers me. I'm more comfortable having 5-6 small meals. Since I'm mostly on soft food now, my carb count is higher and it looks like I've gained 2lbs on the scale because of it. Also I'm tired of being on a diet, or rather any kind of food restriction which I think is having me act out a bit foodwise.

Water doesn't sit well on an empty stomach and after 2 weeks of Clear Liquids right after surgery I cannot tolerate any of the crystal lights, mio, gatorades,etc that are added to water. I don't drink tea or coffee. I do well w/ chocolate milk and my Protein Shakes but the shakes are a meal according to my nut so I can't have too many of those. And since I'm still on blendered I'm not really eating anything that keeps me any kind of full. Refried Beans are still not on my list or I'd eat them, I can eat scrambled eggs but I don't have time before I go to work. I think my main issue right now is that I'm still not really able to establish a pattern of eating so I'm just feeling a loss as to what to do because I'm not really able to eat enough Protein between 3 meals.

I'm sure it will work out once I'm off restrictions but it will be another 6 weeks before that. I guess I just feel like I'm still in between the surgery and getting back to the regular every day business of food. I think right now my biggest issue is the water because, it doesn't sit well I'm not getting enough.

I think your post is helping me. I can't imagine still being on liquids for the most part and not losing something. But if this is the only time that the scale won't move for me then I will take it. It has just gone too long' date=' IMO, in the earliest of stages.

I just don't want to go to my 2 mo. follow up and the scale not have moved from my 1 mo. follow up! ARGH![/quote']

I can't imagine how hard it must be being on liquids so long. I actually started losing a bit more once I was able to move on to puréed foods. I'm hoping that will be the ticket for you ;)

I was feeling a little low about how slow my weight loss is going. This weekend it got warm here and I decided to try on some of my summer clothes....I tried on this pair of jean shorts that I couldn't even get up to see how close they were to fitting...They fit!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I wore them yesterday with no problems! I carry most of my weight in my lower stomach, so this was huge! I was doing the happy dance!!!!!

How long are you on liquids? I was only 10 days and then started soft foods. I didn't have a pureed stage. Once I started eating regular foods I just stopped cold in my tracks for over two weeks losing. I will be 7 weeks tomorrow and I am down 28lbs since surgery. I think there is something to how we ate before. I ate like a bird a lot of times, but hate bad foods or bad choices. Some days I wouldn't eat at all. I live alone and am disabled. I don't leave my house for days at a time sometimes and would just rather say in my chair then get up and fix something. Also, I am 50 and dont lose like I did at 25. I've been terrible to my metabolism and it's just gonna take a while for it to realize I am eating regularly and not gonna starve it anymore. I see a difference in my clothes and can no longer wear the jeans I wore before surgery, so I am getting there!

I feel like you were telling my story. I used to not eat or eat very little. I would then eat bad choices. My body is adjusting to eating regularly. I am still having trouble with eating so often. Since I eat regular food, usually I am still full. I was thinking this may be because my stomach empties slow. I had a gastric emptying study and it was barely within the normal range & the doctor said that's why I feel full. I guess this would be exasperated by the surgery.

I feel like you were telling my story. I used to not eat or eat very little. I would then eat bad choices. My body is adjusting to eating regularly. I am still having trouble with eating so often. Since I eat regular food' date=' usually I am still full. I was thinking this may be because my stomach empties slow. I had a gastric emptying study and it was barely within the normal range & the doctor said that's why I feel full. I guess this would be exasperated by the surgery.[/quote']

I have gastroparisis (sp?) and researched before having surgery and how they would effect it... Seems the surgery is the cure! Who knew? I am not certain what happens to the damage in the vagus nerve or whether the vagus nerve has a function I stomach emptying now that most of the stomach is gone... Maybe that's a good question to ask my doc!

I have gastroparisis (sp?) and researched before having surgery and how they would effect it... Seems the surgery is the cure! Who knew? I am not certain what happens to the damage in the vagus nerve or whether the vagus nerve has a function I stomach emptying now that most of the stomach is gone... Maybe that's a good question to ask my doc!

I would love to know the answer too!

Anyone having sore gums? I. Switched to a softer toothbrush but was wondering if it is a Vitamin deficiency.

Anyone having sore gums? I. Switched to a softer toothbrush but was wondering if it is a Vitamin deficiency.

My gums/teeth hurt for the first month after surgery. I think it must have been anesthesia related. I switched to an extra soft toothbrush as well.

Photo update surgery 2/28 pic 4/10

post-50438-13813664646454_thumb.png

[ATTACH]11370[/ATTACH]

post-50438-13813664646809_thumb.png

[ATTACH]11371[/ATTACH]

My gums/teeth hurt for the first month after surgery. I think it must have been anesthesia related. I switched to an extra soft toothbrush as well.

Good to know. I had kidney stone surgery in Nov also...and now found found out probably need surgery on cysts in ovary due to growing and have mass inside two now...damn teeth will hurt for awhile lol