Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

Those 3-oz Protein Shots are probably collagen--my surgeon doesn't recommend them bc they aren't very bio-available and the Protein quality isn't as good. Try for whey or soy protein if you can.

Sleeved 2/25 I'm down 30 pounds including pre-op diet. Still struggling to get my Protein. Unable to tolerate Protein Shakes and bars post-op. Going to look for some Isopure today. Not gonna lie I haven't started exercising :(. I've haf zero energy and very sluggish since surgery. My goal this week is to do 30 min on the tredmil and 10 on the elliptical 3 days a week. Hopefully I'll be back in zumba and yoga by the end of the month. I'm already feeling more confident and happy.

Sleeved 2/21. Down 40 pounds including two week pre-op diet. Feeling ok since the doc took bloodwork and found my potassium levels had bottomed out. Treated with a supplement so I am back on track. I haven't felt this alive in years. Looking forward to more weight loss after a stall about week 4. Took forever, it seemed, to lose the last 5 pounds of the 40 total so far.

Sleeved 2/25 I'm down 30 pounds including pre-op diet. Still struggling to get my Protein. Unable to tolerate Protein Shakes and bars post-op. Going to look for some Isopure today. Not gonna lie I haven't started exercising :(. I've haf zero energy and very sluggish since surgery. My goal this week is to do 30 min on the tredmil and 10 on the elliptical 3 days a week. Hopefully I'll be back in zumba and yoga by the end of the month. I'm already feeling more confident and happy.

I was sleeved 2/28...my energy level is super high and only sleeping 5hrs a night. I got the Premier Protein from costco. Already made 18 for $24.30g protein 160 cal and 3 carbs I thjnk. I got vanilla and mix Starbucks instant Decaf with 1/4 cup hot water...mix w Protein Shake and poor over ice...love them so much that had 3 a day but got in trouble with nut since w meals my protein was over 100 and that causes kidney stones. ( which I just had in Nov and had surgery to blast but took 6 weeks to pass...awful). I got powder protein and hated! I would rather pay more for pre-made..maybe that might help. Good luck!

This has been a great 6 weeks so far. Today it really hit home how much weight I have lost. I needed to fill out my weight on a form today and I was so use to writing 300 lbs that I almost put that down but then I realized I am 268!! What a beautiful number. Smiling from ear to ear :-)

So happy to hear everyone is doing so well. :)

Well, I'm 5 weeks out as of yesterday, and able to transition from soft to solid foods. Last night I had half a slice of very toasted toast with Peanut Butter. Chewed each bite to an applesauce consistency. It tasted great, but I felt overly full for a couple hours after. Back to soft foods today.

What did you guys begin with when you started solids?

Sent from my EVO using VST

I sarted with stuff that seemed "progressive" between soft/solid to me- I did things like tuna casserole made with Barilla PLUS Pasta (this is a GODSEND!)...chicken quesadillas (sp?) with shredded chicken cooked in salsa, sprinkle mexican cheese on a tortilla...just go slow- chew LOTS, and try one new thing at a time- see what works and what doesn't...I'm still learning...I also liked spinach pie- and weight watchers has a great recipe if you have the time to make it! :) good luck!!

Well I was sleeved on feb 6 .. sometimes its gets rough if I eat to fast but other than that I feel great. I started before surgery at 277, I'm now at 228.

Well I was sleeved on feb 6 .. sometimes its gets rough if I eat to fast but other than that I feel great. I started before surgery at 277' date=' I'm now at 228.[/quote']

That's A LOT of weight you've lost since surgery!!! Congrats!!!

Maybe I am a slow loser...started preop at 265. Now at 238 (down 27 lbs). On Feb 11th was 255 so am only down 17 since surgery. Feels really slow. Protein is not the main part of my diet and using myfitnesspal I see that I get in a lot of carbs.

I am starting up at the gym again tomorrow (had just been walking 20 min a day otherwise.)

Seems like I'm below average here ...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hello February sleevers. I had my 7 week checkup today (missed my 6 wk because I was in the ER). I am down 35 lbs so far. Not too bad. I was doing absolutely GREAT until last Wednesday. I woke up at 3 am in horrible pain that I knew was a kidney fine. I went to the ER and it was confirmed to be a kidney stone. Of course I let them know I was sleeved and was freaking out my pains could be sleeve related. A CT showed my sleeve was fine. Thank goodness. The stone passed and I thought all was ok.. Until Sunday. Yep I was back in the ER with another kidney stone! Ultrasound revealed I have 3 more stones in my left kidney and 1 in my right. I am not looking forward to passing those. I have been so nauseous for a week now. I have not been able to eat, take my Vitamins, get my Protein in, or drink my Water. I am existing on SF Popsicles. I literally feel like I have just gone back 5 weeks. I hope this passes and things will get back to where they were.

Hello February sleevers. I had my 7 week checkup today (missed my 6 wk because I was in the ER). I am down 35 lbs so far. Not too bad. I was doing absolutely GREAT until last Wednesday. I woke up at 3 am in horrible pain that I knew was a kidney fine. I went to the ER and it was confirmed to be a kidney stone. Of course I let them know I was sleeved and was freaking out my pains could be sleeve related. A CT showed my sleeve was fine. Thank goodness. The stone passed and I thought all was ok.. Until Sunday. Yep I was back in the ER with another kidney stone! Ultrasound revealed I have 3 more stones in my left kidney and 1 in my right. I am not looking forward to passing those. I have been so nauseous for a week now. I have not been able to eat' date=' take my Vitamins, get my Protein in, or drink my Water. I am existing on SF Popsicles. I literally feel like I have just gone back 5 weeks. I hope this passes and things will get back to where they were.[/quote']

I'm sooo sorry your going through this! Keeping you in my thoughts--- hang in there.