Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

Hints from Me:

i was sleeved on feb 25 in mexico. weeping a lot at a site and a nurse friend told me its normal and thats just bodies way of sending cells to help heal areas. and that i should squeeze it out gently if it doesnt hurt. and to place a warm compress for 30 min to help get it out. Other than disgusting and feeling like a orange, i just deal with it. i wear a kotex pad cut in half (suggested by friend in mexico that helps the patients recover, says she goes through a ton and less expensive then gauze) Nurse said the weeping has sugar content in it and should be cleaned well. if it gets on ur clothes wash separately in hot Water.< /p>

Was told to buy Juven from the makers of ensure $17 at Walmart etc. its a powder to add to drink to help tissue rebuild after surgery or injury.

I add guacamole or sour cream to broths to help me fill fuller and shake off the headaches. I take a laxative every other day till my stomach is healed enough. i sometimes take a benedryl to help me sleep.< /p>

I bought a "stomach wrap" to help hold me instead of pillow or hands. i found a "as seen on tv" thing with zippers for water weight loss. $10. anything will do but use in moderation as stomach muscles need to build up.

I drank a jamba juice and my sugar spiked and almost passed out so beware and drink slowly and watch sugar content. No sugar added juices (as i hate the sugar free ones) need to have water added 50/50 for now.

I use my immersion or stick blender alot ($20 i think at walmart) as u can blend hot or cold stuff right in pot or glass and is less to clean then full blender. Makes the mushy food time easy and Protein Powder mix quick. my favorite one is muscle milk the eas one has a more sandy texture and aftertaste. I hope this helped someone. it was my way of giving back some wisdom i found here and other places. God bless ya'll and me lol :D

I was sleeved on Feb16th. Things were going good until a few days ago. During my first 2 weeks after surgery I lost 20 pounds!! But since I started eating mushy foods 3 days ago' date=' I gained 2 pounds!!! I am a bit discouraged right now...not sure what to do about this.[/quote']

I am having same type of trouble. I was sleeved 3/4 and lost 10 and 12 Lbs the first 2 weeks. I

Have only lost 8 total since and I am almost 5 weeks out. I'm getting in my Protein and fluids. I was coming under 600 cal but all this week have done much better and still no loss!

I am having same type of trouble. I was sleeved 3/4 and lost 10 and 12 Lbs the first 2 weeks. I

Have only lost 8 total since and I am almost 5 weeks out. I'm getting in my Protein and fluids. I was coming under 600 cal but all this week have done much better and still no loss!

I just hate it it's getting so frustrating I don't know what to do anymore :(

Would like to join y'all to see how I am doing compared to others. Surgery was Feb. 28th, one week today, and feeling great. Down 6 lbs. post op for a total of 14 over last two weeks. Was on liquid diet for a week prior. No body aches or pains. Just haven't had BMW yet. Nervous after reading other posts. Any suggestions?

Question...No pain with drinking (not sipping), no discomfort at all ever, getting liquids, puddings and cream Soups down easily. Other than no appetite, and easily feeling full, I would wonder if the doc did anything. Am I just blessed or are there others.with similar experience? Sleeved 2/26/13 down 16 lbs in 2 weeks.

I was sleeved on Feb16th. Things were going good until a few days ago. During my first 2 weeks after surgery I lost 20 pounds!! But since I started eating mushy foods 3 days ago' date=' I gained 2 pounds!!! I am a bit discouraged right now...not sure what to do about this.[/quote']

It will work itself out. I am 4.5 weeks out and slowed down around 10 days post op. I've only lost 3-4 lbs since then. Our bodies are adjusting. Give it time

It will work itself out. I am 4.5 weeks out and slowed down around 10 days post op. I've only lost 3-4 lbs since then. Our bodies are adjusting. Give it time

Thank u! I really hope it all works out

Question...No pain with drinking (not sipping)' date=' no discomfort at all ever, getting liquids, puddings and cream Soups down easily. Other than no appetite, and easily feeling full, I would wonder if the doc did anything. Am I just blessed or are there others.with similar experience? Sleeved 2/26/13 down 16 lbs in 2 weeks.[/quote']

We were sleeved the same day. Occasional stretching type pain if I overdo it other than that I feel fine. Tons of energy! food goes down fine. Can't seem to drink more than about 32 oz of fluids. My body doesn't seem to be able to take anymore. Absolutely no appetite! Head hungers even gone. Last night was my nephews birthday and my brother gave him a party ( southern style fish and shrimp fry). Ate a scoop of mashed potatoes ( 1st real food in days) tolerated well with baby bites but OMG the heartburn that followed! It's really to soon for mushies but I couldn't eat anything they had and had been at work and on the road all day with nothing to eat or drink. Not trying that again till stage 3. I think the stomach acid production may be the reason they make you wait. The more substance your food had the more stomach acid you produce. So leaks more common early out, if you're early out, eating steak and producing more stomach acid the more damage you can cause if acid leaks out to surrounding tissue. (At least that's my take on it). Anywho! Down 17 lbs any hanging in there. Happy with results so far! Ooh and saving truck loads of money not eating out!

After over a week the scale finally moved down 1.5 lbs!!! Sweet baby Jesus!! Kept telling myself this is normal but deep inside there was this obnoxious voice saying what if a 33 lb loss is it for me?? Whew...hopefully I made it over my first hurdle and the steady loss will continue. Good luck everyone! There is hope!!

Would like to join y'all to see how I am doing compared to others. Surgery was Feb. 28th' date=' one week today, and feeling great. Down 6 lbs. post op for a total of 14 over last two weeks. Was on liquid diet for a week prior. No body aches or pains. Just haven't had BMW yet. Nervous after reading other posts. Any suggestions?

[/quote']

No BM is okay as long as you don't feel like you need to go and can't. You are taking in so little there isn't much to come out. However the narcotics given can cause Constipation. I swear by a stool softener and getting off narcotics as soon as you can. I only go every three days or so and I'm over two weeks post-op. The first time I went was 5 days after surgery-- oh my stars-- never missed a softener dose after that! If you get really worried my Dr's office said to try milk of magnesium, start with a half dose.

Would like to join y'all to see how I am doing compared to others. Surgery was Feb. 28th' date=' one week today, and feeling great. Down 6 lbs. post op for a total of 14 over last two weeks. Was on liquid diet for a week prior. No body aches or pains. Just haven't had BMW yet. Nervous after reading other posts. Any suggestions?

[/quote']

My Dr said not to go more than 3-4 days without moving your bowels, and if you hit that mark to take and adult dose of mill of magnesia.

My NUT also suggested maintaining by adding ground flax seed to shakes, or using some type of Fiber powder daily

You need to be sure you're getting enough Water though or you won't go, and even taking the fiber will make it worse if you don't take in enough water.

Good luck to you :)

I was sleeved on February 27. I am so glad to be going purred foods. So far so good. A little bit of diarrhea today but not to bad. I am down 21 lbs from pre op. I am ingesting my 64 oz of fluids with a Protein (ISO) Water combo. Yesterday was the first day I met my protein fluids goal.

I haven't been under 200 lbs in over 10 yrs I almost cried. Sleeved 2/20

Highest weight 243

Pre op 215

Today 199.4 yeah

post-21839-13813663717451_thumb.png

[ATTACH]10182[/ATTACH]

I haven't been under 200 lbs in over 10 yrs I almost cried. Sleeved 2/20

Highest weight 243

Pre op 215

Today 199.4 yeah

Welcome to ONEderland. Congrats. Cant wait till im there

Welcome to ONEderland. Congrats. Cant wait till im there