Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I don't think spiciness will irritate your tummy, but you never know until you try. I see people all the time posting that they're eating pureed chili and pureed buffalo chicken.< /p>

My calories r super low--- somehow I don't think that can be good for us. ;(

Everyone's calories are going to be very low to start with. It won't be possible to add more until you can get to other foods. In the meantime this phase only lasts a couple of weeks so drink the shakes, drink skim milk, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

I am eating as much Protein as possible! I eat and drink all day. I get about 40-50 right now. up to about 50oz of Fluid including Water. I have tried sooo many protein powders...drinks. spent so much money... I can't stand any of them. im getting @ most 500 calories. sigh.

Try the Premier Protein shakes from costco, they have 30g of protein per shake and are tasty too!

You had it done in the 28th as well? How are you feeling? Do you still have air bubbles? Ive been drinking cranberry juice and chicken broth i haven't tried the Jello which i might try because i need some type of texture lol

My incision pain is the worst. Yes the 28th and I have air bubbles. I have had Tomato Soup and today I had mash potatoes. Not really hunger my stomach just growls really really bad. Jello I cant stand now or broth. ????

Yup! Same with me!

Mine told me the same... Ge said I would kniw when yo progress to next stages.

Question/concern:

I am 1 week out---sleeved on the 25th-- and I keep reading that everyone one can only eat part if a Popsicle or 1/2 there lil Jello or A few bites of yogurt or pudding etc.....

I don't seem to have this issue-- I'm not really hungry and am still doing the clear liquids- I'm scared to move to quick and mess anything up .

I can have a full Popsicle and Jello etc I can easily have 2 oz of liquid at a time and in guess I'm worried that is not normal or something I'd wrong w me-- I've even accidentally drank big drinks instead of the lil sips that we should and it doesn't seem to bug me---

Will this be an issue later do u think? It just doesn't seem 'normal' like others experiences......' date='

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I wouldn't be too concerned, stomachs can be different sizes, I see some people on here sleeved a week after me and able to eat 2-3 times the amount of soft food then I can. I was so worried I could only take in 1-2 tbsps of food I called my nut and she said there is no such thing as too little food. I guess that would go the same for you.

I wouldn't be too concerned' date=' stomachs can be different sizes, I see some people on here sleeved a week after me and able to eat 2-3 times the amount of soft food then I can. I was so worried I could only take in 1-2 tbsps of food I called my nut and she said there is no such thing as too little food. I guess that would go the same for you.[/quote']

Good point! Sometimes I feel like I'm pushing it trying to get in as much Fluid as possible;(

i am one week out still on full liquids got Soup from a thai restaurant it came out spice, can i still eat it, or will it hurt my stomach. Does anyone now?

Not a doctor and don't claim to know everything, but spices too soon can cause ulcers. Having had had an ulcer for last 20 years....trust me you do not want one!

Congrats

Thanks

I hear lots of people complaining on how little liquids they can handle. I almost feel guilty...sleeved a week ago today, & I can gulp Protein shakes, Water, broth, whatever. I had 70+Oz. of liquids today, & could've easily handled a lot more.

Feeling pretty good. I think I'm going to be able to handle food pretty well.

i am one week out still on full liquids got Soup from a thai restaurant it came out spice' date=' can i still eat it, or will it hurt my stomach. Does anyone now?[/quote']

In my paperwork from the nutritionist, spicy foods were listed as 1 of the things that some people have problems with. I'm curious to see if you ate the soup and how did it go for you?

In my paperwork from the nutritionist' date=' spicy foods were listed as 1 of the things that some people have problems with. I'm curious to see if you ate the Soup and how did it go for you?[/quote']

My Nut said I could do spicy if my stomach tolerated it. I specifically asked about pureed hot n sour soup. I was so excited to finally get some flavor. Well my stomach was not as excited as I was and gave me extreme heartburn to let me know how dissatisfied she was with me. If you try it good luck.

I hear lots of people complaining on how little liquids they can handle. I almost feel guilty...sleeved a week ago today, & I can gulp Protein shakes, Water, broth, whatever. I had 70+Oz. of liquids today, & could've easily handled a lot more.

Feeling pretty good. I think I'm going to be able to handle food pretty well.

I could probably do more outside of Water. I love water but it's plain for me right now. With tea, crystal light, stocks, I'm able to get in a considerable amout. However, I want to balance the rest with water but it takes me hours just to get a 16 oz bottle down. ARRRGGGGH!

Ok I am kind of worried, we got back from the store and I sat on the couch and started having a pain in my abdomin, it hurts to the touch right by my belly button! Has anyone had this happen! I am 3 weeks out and have had no complications so far! So a random pain worries me! Not trying to ask medical advice just want to know if anyone else has experienced this or something like it! It doesn't hurt all the time just when I try to get up or if I touch the area or bend over!