Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I can understand that. I have to keep reminding myself that this is temporary so that I dont start crying. Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Thanks Hun so much!!! I am gonna try and keep pushing n praying thanks for lending your ear!

No I have been trying that sipping thing from the start. Even though I'm not gulping I am taking in too much Water at a time and it don't hurt it just makes me supper full.. I don't know just really depressed about this whole thing!

This is what I was dealing with too. My surgeon said to try a skinny straw and it has really helped. Helps me to regulate how much in each sip much better. They usually say straws are a no no but some people it helps.

This is what I was dealing with too. My surgeon said to try a skinny straw and it has really helped. Helps me to regulate how much in each sip much better. They usually say straws are a no no but some people it helps.

I'm going to ask about that skiing straw because I feel like all I'm doing is taking in air!

Yeah so do I, I've been seeing the scale drop a couple lbs each time, then this morning it said I gained 1 lb :(

I dropped 10lbs in my first 6 days after surgery and the last 3 days I am gaining again up 3 lbs, I've been told it could be Water weight or if you haven't had a bowel movement. I have the bm problem and I hope it gets better!

I have been in a stall the last 8 days. However take your measurements. Even though the scale hasn't moved an ounce I have lost three inches off my waist and four off my hips. So yes it is discouraging cause the scale isn't moving there is other things going on!

So here I am day 2 post op...on full liquids, having a he'll of a time getting fluids and Protein in. Been trying to add Protein Powder to stuff, but the scoops are such hugs volume, I keep managing to make everything into a protein paste...yuck.

So far I've had the best luck with carbmaster yogurt with 1/2 scoop protein and I cut that whole mess with skim milk...

Anyone havd advice on making it through these next two weeks??

Thanks!

Sip, sip, sip. I'm so hungry and thirsty. I'm 6 days post op on full liquids but the only thing that goes down without pain is sugar free popsicles. I'm trying to sip Protein Shakes. I'm just so afraid of becoming dehydrated. I'm still swollen and very sore. Gas is still painful but bearable. At this rate I'm going to be on liquids forever. I know it will pass just wish it would hurry up. I don't even want food i just want Water lol.

JLB15-- I'm glad you are doing well after three days. I just bought Protein powder for my Water when I'm in the hospital. You may want to try finding some and adding it to your Water. I wish you continued healing!

Angela, this was a good idea--but don't be disappointed if you can't get it down right after surgery. I did well to get in 20 or 30 ounces of Fluid for the first couple of days (we couldn't drink for 24 hrs until the leak test, which was the worst part--SF popsicle after an all clear was nirvana!). My surgeon says fluids first then Protein for the first week, aiming for at least 48 oz of Fluid. I got up to 64 or more pretty quickly and 40-60 g of protein within a few days that first week, which surprised/impressed the RD and PAs.

So here I am day 2 post op...on full liquids' date=' having a he'll of a time getting fluids and Protein in. Been trying to add Protein powder to stuff, but the scoops are such hugs volume, I keep managing to make everything into a protein paste...yuck.

So far I've had the best luck with carbmaster yogurt with 1/2 scoop protein and I cut that whole mess with skim milk...

Anyone havd advice on making it through these next two weeks??

Thanks![/quote']

I'm not having much luck myself, but something I tolerated was:

1/2 a SF choc pudding

1/2 scoop of nectar unflavored protein

Small amount of non flavored almond milk to thin out

( mix well)

Like many of the early Feb sleevers, I have been in a mini stall. Today I finally decided to look at my measurements. Since surgery I have lost 7 inches on my pooch. ( that nasty lower belly) 7 whole inches. I couldn't believe it. While the scale may have stopped, the inches haven't. You owe it to yourself to take measurements.

I'm not having much luck myself' date=' but something I tolerated was:

1/2 a SF choc pudding

1/2 scoop of nectar unflavored Protein

Small amount of non flavored almond milk to thin out

( mix well)

[/quote']

My NUT recommended skim milk over almond milk...it's like 1gm of protein to 9gm. I'm going to try this next meal ;)

Where did you get that protein?

Whats the gm/scoop on it?

My NUT recommended skim milk over almond milk...it's like 1gm of Protein to 9gm. I'm going to try this next meal ;)

Where did you get that protein?

Whats the gm/scoop on it?

Good to know about the skim milk. I got the nectar unflavored powder from bariactric advantage.com--- a full scoop is 10 g of protein.

I was sleeved o n Feb. 25th. I got to go home last night. I don't feel as if I was ready to go home. I'm still in a lot of pain. I have been walking and taking gas X but the gas pain will not away. I'm unable to release gas. I can't even sip Water without feeling pain and discomfort. I'm afraid of not getting my fluids. Is this normal?

I was right there with you 2 days post op. Walk as much as you can and it will flow, if u are laying on ur back rub your stomach and then walk every hour and thirty if u can, I did it and the gas has been rolling. Hope u feel better.

Ok. In my own room and already feeling pretty Dang good!

Surgery was a like 10am' date=' was only in 30-40 minutes. I had some lain when I woke up, but they hit me with Dilaudid and I have no pain at all now....other than GAS! OMG!

I've never wished for a 'toot' as much as I have these last few hours!!!! I'm walking two laps around the entire floor I'm on every hour...still nothing. They just gave me a Gas-X melt strip...we'll see if that helps.

What worked for you????[/quote']

Walking walking the gas pain is in my shoulders and I want to scream. Sx same day feeling a lot better