Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

Ok guys sorry it's taken so long to post after surgery. Surgery today about 7 a.m. A little sore the gas pain is really the only pain I've had. Been very lucky no nausea. Walked twice today. Sitting up now. Just can't sleep.....lol

Tomorrow is my surgery date. I am ready. I've been ready almost since I've started this process. I am sick of huffing up the stairs' date=' having trouble with socks and shoes. Had my first elevated A1C a couple of months ago but all fasting blood sugars are still ok. Had my first elevated cholesterol level several months ago. My knees have been bothering me progressively worse over the past year. I learned that my stress incontinence is as bad as it is because of my weight. My husband says I snore. Yes I am ready! I am doing this for my health, for my life. The nice side effect will be the loss of weight and nicer clothes but not my reason for doing it. Have found myself to be a little tearful the past couple of days. I'm not afraid of surgery. I think it's just the major change coming. Could be the pre-op liquid diet. LOL. 0800 tomorrow morning my life will begin to change for the better.[/quote']

Good luck tomorrow. You'll do great!

Any suggestions on how to get relief from this awful gas pain? It's killing my shoulders. I'm walking every few hours. It helps some but oh my gosh!

I had my hubby hide the scale...I plan to do the same!

I only wanted to weigh myself weekly too but everytime I go into the bathroom that darn scales is staring at me. I am allowing every other day for weigh ins just mostly out of curioristy but if I notice myself starting to get obsessed I'll kick it back to weekly. I only count one of my weigh ins though, my Thursday weigh in is my exact week so I use it for tracking and goals. So far one week out I'm 10 pounds down. Which is what I managed to do in my two weeks of pre-op diet. So it works for me.

Any suggestions on how to get relief from this awful gas pain? It's killing my shoulders. I'm walking every few hours. It helps some but oh my gosh!

Gas x! I also had someone pat my back to help break it up...

I didn't have any gas pains but my boss swears by heating pads. She said it would almost instantly remove the gas pains. She would use one on each shoulder.

I was sleeved on Valentine's Day so this is my second day post op. Can't believe it! I think yesterday was worse than the day of surgery. I was told that my gall bladder was removed and that a hiatel hernia was repaired. No wonder I was so sore! I slept really well last night. Pain meds every three hours. Going to try to get some Protein in today. Continue with the Water. As long as I pee I know I'm doing okay! Very excited for my future!

My hubby rubbed my shoulders and that helped with the gas pain. Also try a heating pad. And of course.....walk!!

My hubby rubbed my shoulders and that helped with the gas pain. Also try a heating pad. And of course.....walk!!

Heating pads are a must. I still sleep with one now that im back in my bed!

How swollen are your bellies? My family says mines much smaller but I feel more of a pooch than before surgery... Still and I'm 7 days out... Is it just me?

My tummy is pretty swollen. I had surgery Tuesday.

My tummy is pretty swollen. I had surgery Tuesday.

I am pretty swollen too. Had surgery Tuesday as well.

I had my surgery on Tuesday as well, and I feel like my stomach has finally started going down. Feeling really good today. I'm ready to get out of the house. Tired of laying around watching tv. Thinking about going to get a pedicure. :)

Hi! I was sleeved a few days ago (2/12/13) and I'm so glad this forum exists! I haven't weighed myself yet because I was planning on doing it weekly. Is that a good idea?

I was sleeved on the 12th as well. I broke down and weighed today. Down 10lbs :)