Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cheated on my pre-op liquid diet

I feel terrible!!! The weekend was so hard is have 9 days and I'm completely back on track but i'm so worried!!! (my pre-op liquids is for 14 days) I already feel like i failed... :(

you haven't failed. That diet is HARD! I will never drink slim fast or carnation instant Breakfast again thanks to that diet. I cried on day 2 of my 14 day liquid diet. on day 8 I went out for a friends birthday and had buffalo wings and a beer. I some how pulled it together and made it from then on out. it all worked out. Its ok, we are human. Do the best you can and if you slip up a little its ok.

Every Dr. has a different set of guidlines... mine suggests clear liquid for 2 weeks and full liquids for 3 more! Screw that. I went to the cornell weightloss page and their patients eat mushies week 2! Dont hurt yourself with a big fat steak but some pureed stuff you have been craving is not gonna kill you, It will just set ya back a bit in your rapid weightloss. I chopped up a scrambled egg and a quarter pattie of lofat turkey sausage an had that for breakfast. I chopped the heck out of it but wow was it yummy! Just the small lift I needed and now I am back on track. Onward and upward my friend!

you haven't failed. That diet is HARD! I will never drink slim fast or carnation instant breakfast again thanks to that diet. I cried on day 2 of my 14 day liquid diet. on day 8 I went out for a friends birthday and had buffalo wings and a beer. I some how pulled it together and made it from then on out. it all worked out. Its ok, we are human. Do the best you can and if you slip up a little its ok.

Thank you...I was jus doing so good the 1st 3 days had lost almost 7lbs ughhh i'm so disappointed in myself...but nothing i can do about it now...like i said i still have 9 days hopefully I can make up for it and atleast drop 10lbs. I'm seeing my dr on thursday for the last time before my surgery and I'm jus afraid if they weight me and it's not enough i'll be turned away and that's the last thing I want!!!

I def will never have another slim fast shake after these next 2 weeks either!!! Ughhhh thanks for the support!!

As long as you get back on the horse, you will be fine. Stay focused! Keep your eye on the prize. Best wishes!

Yup, very few of us have been able to follow pre-op diets strickly. Like you, I had two weeks and it is hard. I did cheat early on, but that was actually the kick in the butt I needed to re-focus and get back on track. After the surgery my surgeon complimented me on how good my liver looked and how easy it was to work with. That is the important part.

It happens, it happens it happens!

recognize what promoted that in you and try to avoid it next time. There will be slip ups before surgery, there will be slip ups AFTER surgery. What matters is what you do every single day, not the occasional F up.

Thank everyone!! Feels good to hear i'm not the only one. -_-

I feel terrible!!! The weekend was so hard is have 9 days and I'm completely back on track but i'm so worried!!! (my pre-op liquids is for 14 days) I already feel like i failed... :(

Girl, I didn't really even do a preop diet, just decreased my bad meals by having Protein drinks and whatever I chose that evening. Day of surgery, my surgeon did one less incision because my liver wasn't too fatty.

Girl' date=' I didn't really even do a preop diet, just decreased my bad meals by having Protein drinks and whatever I chose that evening. Day of surgery, my surgeon did one less incision because my liver wasn't too fatty.[/quote']

Thanks Pelekania...

I'm on day 6 of my liquid diet & finding it very hard. My surgery date is 2/20 I was so excited when I finally got my date but I don't think I put a lot of thought into how difficult not touching solid food for two weeks would be. I'm trying to stay positive because I've done so well all these months to get to this point. It's also hard when the shakes they have you make aren't very appetizing & by the time I have to go bed, my stomach is growling. I'm just trying to stay strong & stay focused.

Girl' date=' I didn't really even do a preop diet, just decreased my bad meals by having Protein drinks and whatever I chose that evening. Day of surgery, my surgeon did one less incision because my liver wasn't too fatty.[/quote']

Wow, I hope I have the same luck as you. How has recovery been for you?

Wow' date=' I hope I have the same luck as you. How has recovery been for you?[/quote']

My first night was horrible! Peed my pants several times from vomiting spit with lots of blood! Don't know what that was all about. But other than that day everything has been pretty smooth sailing.. ThankGod. I just really started doing my Protein, but I have been able to get all my liquids in... Just sip all day.

I'm on day 6 of my liquid diet & finding it very hard. My surgery date is 2/20 I was so excited when I finally got my date but I don't think I put a lot of thought into how difficult not touching solid food for two weeks would be. I'm trying to stay positive because I've done so well all these months to get to this point. It's also hard when the shakes they have you make aren't very appetizing & by the time I have to go bed' date=' my stomach is growling. I'm just trying to stay strong & stay focused.[/quote']

My heart goes put to you... 2 wls of liquids. I thought I had to do that as well only several days into it that I realized that I could have a healthy meal.

Girl, I didn't really even do a preop diet, just decreased my bad meals by having Protein drinks and whatever I chose that evening. Day of surgery, my surgeon did one less incision because my liver wasn't too fatty.

Did you cheat at all on the liquid diet as far as trying to eat solid food?