Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

newbie needs Help

I had the same issue on my pre-op diet. They wanted me to have five shakes, my body wanted three by the end of my two weeks. I called the surgeon's office and explained the issue. They said as long as I was getting in 70+ grams of Protein (my requirement) and my vitamins/minerals, three was fine. I'd suggest clearing it with your office, but I'd imagine the results will be the same.

wowsa thats alot , every doc is different , I just had to stay under 800 calories a day, I was allowed 1 small meal like a lean quisine that had to be under 200 calories and then a couple of shakes. after surgery the Normal is 60 grams of protien a day at least , so I would assume as long you watch your protien intake and calories you will be fine.

I have never had 3 Protein Shakes in a day since being sleeved. In the beginning I could barely get in 1/2 of one. Just get in as much as you can and don't stress on the rest. If your able too, make sure you get your supplements in..... :) Oh and your Fluid intake is more important in the beginning too. Dehydration really sucks big time....;)

I would try shakes that are high in protien. I've been drinking a protien shake that has 30 grams and is under 200 calories. I'm pre-op with about 2 months left until surgery, so I'm not any particular diet yet...but, when I do get put one, I will only have to drink 3 shakes to get in most of my protien everyday. Plus, there are other options, like adding flavorless protien to what food you are allowed to eat...or even Water.< /p>

How do you get 5 meal replacement shakes in a day??? I had a hard time getting 3 shakes in. Please give me some suggestions.

During the two weeks of preop clear fluids, i went ahead and used the two extras to curb my appetite. If i got hungry, or "thought" i was, it was better to have a shake than something i was not supposed to have. Now than i am preop but still on fluids, i use the plan the poster before me uses. I do 3 main meal shakes of 30 Protein isolate grams and fill in with other fluids to meet my Fluid goal. I also think is is a good plan because it will lead nicely into eating 3 main meals of food once i am cleared for food, rather than grazing. Good luck.

During the two weeks of preop clear fluids' date=' i went ahead and used the two extras to curb my appetite. If i got hungry, or "thought" i was, it was better to have a shake than something i was not supposed to have. Now than i am preop but still on fluids, i use the plan the poster before me uses. I do 3 main meal shakes of 30 Protein isolate grams and fill in with other fluids to meet my Fluid goal. I also think is is a good plan because it will lead nicely into eating 3 main meals of food once i am cleared for food, rather than grazing. Good luck.[/quote']

Correction... Now than i am post op....

Go get Premier Protein at Sam's Club, or costco.. I like chocolate the best.. 30 grams of Protein, 160 calories..

Also, Chobani Greek Yogurt has high protein and is gr8!!

I need 60/70 protein a day, I have had no problems drinking these shakes, just sip, wait, sip, wait, repeat... You can do it!!

I'm now 3 1/2 mo out, I do 1 shake and get the other protein from meats, cheeses and yogurts..