Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the big day. And this morning I'm a nerveous wreck. Thinking what if something happens to me and my babies lose their mom. I'm doing this for them. But scared they may lose you. Does anyone else feel this way?

Scared they will lose me

I felt the same way, that something could happen. I was sleeved Jan 30 . Everything is going well. You will be fine I wish you good luck. Let me know how you are doing. God bless you. You will be fine .

Its normal to be scared and nervous....complications are rare. The risk of complications outweigh the comorbities of being obese. Have faith in the Lord and your surgeon to get you thru....I was sleeved on Election day 2012 and its the best thing I could have ever done for myself. Wish I would have done it years ago. The weight is falling off and I feel amazing..........

Godspeed

Thanks Kim. So glad u r doing well. I knew I could come here and people would understand.

Its normal to be scared and nervous....complications are rare. The risk of complications outweigh the comorbities of being obese. Have faith in the Lord and your surgeon to get you thru....I was sleeved on Election day 2012 and its the best thing I could have ever done for myself. Wish I would have done it years ago. The weight is falling off and I feel amazing..........

Godspeed

I am scared too but I am going to do it. You have lost a lot in three months. Inspiring!

Michelle, We are sleeve sisters! My big day is tomorrow too. Lets keep in touch and hopefully support each other. I am sure I will get more nervous as the day goes by. Right now I feel encouraged to know that I will never fight with food in quite the same way again. Does that make sense?

Best of luck and I will send you some positive energy and look forward to hearing about your experience when we are both on the other side! Dee

I will be praying for you guys for peace and courage!I had similar fear. I finally just realized that I wasn't sure how long I would be around if I didn't do this!

The fear it normal. I had to be in the hospital for two days before my surgery. When my kids left to go home the day before my surgery, I lost it. I didn't let them see me do that, but after they walked out of the room, I had an intense emotional moment. What if that was the last time they'd see me.

Surgery of any kind always carries that sort of fear and apprehension. Knowing we'll be put to sleep and not having control of what's being done to our bodies is a scary concept.

Rest assured, many of us have been there and it's perfectly normal.. and the best part, you'll be just fine and on your way to the new you!

The fear it normal. I had to be in the hospital for two days before my surgery. When my kids left to go home the day before my surgery' date=' I lost it. I didn't let them see me do that, but after they walked out of the room, I had an intense emotional moment. What if that was the last time they'd see me.

Surgery of any kind always carries that sort of fear and apprehension. Knowing we'll be put to sleep and not having control of what's being done to our bodies is a scary concept.

Rest assured, many of us have been there and it's perfectly normal.. and the best part, you'll be just fine and on your way to the new you![/quote']

I must admit after reading this post I had to Google the mortality rate....and as of 2011 its 1 out of 800....which doesn't seem bad. Its still a little scary. best of luck to everyone!

Thanks so much 40andsleeven. It would be great to stay contacted and support one another. I pray for us and all other sleevers tomorrow. What state are u in?

Thanks kevlev. It's scary to think we doing this for our kids but something bad could go wrong. I know God will keep me safe.

I felt the same way. Was the most nervous the night before and the morning of. I was lucky to be the first case, so once I got to the hospital I didn't have a lot if time to worry. And god bless them for giving me a hit of Versed once my nurse started my IV. I was nice and relaxed when I tooled into the OR. My CRNA was whispering in my ear as everyone bustled around "I had this surgery too. You are going to be so happy". All the RNs introduced themselves and were kind. As a nurse, I appreciated that they treated me like I was their family member.

Fear is human. But we all had it and we all got through it. Remember WHY you are doing this....is it partially so that you can live a long life for your children? Focus there. If you have a religious/spiritual side, dwell there.

Just know that once you are off that operating table, a whole new life awaits and we are all here to support you as you integrate into it.

I'll see you when you cross the surgery finish line!

I remembered this saying "worrying is like praying got something that you don't want". Instead, have a quiet conversation with God. It is what settled me down so I could sleep.< /p>