Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, how many people "pigged out" on food prior to the pre-op diet? I start mine on Feb 14th and I find that I am eating all kinds of food and eating more than prior to getting insurance approval for surgery. Once I got the approval, I noticed that I've fallen into some old eating habits. I just hope I can quit after my new stomach heals.

Well I didn't want to do that but I did for a couple of days pre-op and then stopped myself. Just think of what you have gone through to get this far. I just had my surgery Jan 28th and I don't regret a thing. It was hard to keep a pre op diet, even though mine was only a few days. When I had the band done 18 months ago my pre-op diet was 2 weeks prior and mannn was it hard. Right now it's hard. Im on soft foods and even though a little fills me up quick in the evening I am feening for chips, or anything to snack on. I swear I want to cry sometimes. But we have to think of what's coming. Its gonna be so great to be healthy. You can do it! Good luck to you.

thanks bunnydee!

I'm not pigging out, but I am definitely eating things I haven't in awhile...knowing that I won't eat them again for awhile or possibly ever again! I've had rice several times this week and plan on having sushi several times over the next few months. I'm not eating abnormal portions, but I am cognizant of the fact that the chance of me eating rice after surgery (ever again, since so many people have issues with it) is slim to none. I'm enjoying every bite. :)

I didn't have one last pig-out. The food is what got me where I am now. One of my biggest joys was my 1st post-op trip to the buffet. I was so happy that I could only eat 1/2 of a small piece of steak, 3/4 of a slice of pizza, and a couple teaspoons of mashed potatoes, while my friend (who's thin) was piling up his plate (twice). In the past, I'd weigh as much as 3 lbs more, the next day, after a trip to the buffet.

Didn't pig out at all. Did take the family to my favorite restaurant since it was the wife's birthday. Ate and drank exactly what I wanted. That was pretty much it. The day I went to the first seminar, I realized that I had to change and that if I was going to be successful post op I really had to make some changes. I didn't lose a lot of weight pre op, but instead focused on re-learning how to eat, what to eat and what I needed to do to be successful. It took a bit for me to get my head around exactly what was going to happen and how I had to make things work. There's a fair amount of head work that needs to happen to reconcile the changes that you are about to embark on. I'm a stress eater and a grazer, so I had to face that and deal. I didn't want to have any regrets, didn't want any post op depression, no food mourning. I had to get all that out of my system before hand. I doubt that I have purged all my demons, but I think I might have a good handle on them and can at least recoginze the warning signs :)

I'm scheduled to have my surgery on Monday (02/11/13). I didn't pig out, but I did try to eat a few of my absolute favorite things (like taco truck tacos) before I had to start my pre-surgery diet because I know that I won't be eating them again after surgery.

I guess you can say pig out but not really. I just had a list of places I wanted to eat for the last time because I had made myself a promise that once I had surgery I would stick to healthy habits and get rid of this weight!!

I had my "pig out/stress binge" before I got my date.

I was eating everything in sight.

After I got my date it was such a slap in the face wake up call.

This was really happening. And I got my ass in gear.

Never. Not once. I was never a binge eater. Just ate out every meal cause I was working so much and I didn't want to self sabotage myself because if you binge prior to the surgery it will be extremely harder on you after the surgery cause you will never be able to do that again.

About 3 days out from starting pre op, not pigging out, but eating what I want. I've lost 40 pounds since October, so I'm taking a bit of a break before I start.

I did and have zero regrets about it. I'm not a binge eater but I did enjoy eating without caring. Hell I've been monitoring my food for years and still couldn't shed the pounds so it felt good to eat without stressing over it. After a week of pigging out I was over it lol

Yep.. I I'd the food funeral thing and gained 10lbs. I was out of control and I was sooo depressed over what I was doing.

Everything is great now. Even though I'm a slow loser I feel on top of the world because of my new eating habits. I feel healthier already.

Once I made my mind up to have the surgery, I made sure to have everything I liked over the course of a couple of months, and I'm not sorry I did. I think I was greiving that part of my life (silly as it sounds), because I would think to myself "this is the last time in a long time I'll have this". Once I had surgery, I was ready to move on, and haven't had to deal with wishing I could eat something else, or more. Also, I knew my insurance didn't have a waiting period for BMI over 50, and I wanted to make sure I kept my BMI up to prevent a 6 month wait. Sounds twisted, I know. Wasn't gaining, just didn't want to drop!