Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 days out and I can eat everything. is this normal? please read and give input. thanks

ok so here's the deal. i am dealing with the Nemo Blizzard right now and i am buried. long story short.

i find myself being able to eat normal things. baked chips, small portion of grilled cheese, whole wheat bread with PBJ on it. grilled chicken nuggets.

now of course i am not eating big portions. all small portions. if i eat too fast i catch myself. when i don't i get bad chest pains/heartburn/gas etc.

now this isnt my plan. i did not plan for this i just have nothing in the house. my wife is pregnant and we also have an 11 month old so time and planning is tough. i am still taking my Vitamins and drinking Water.< /p>

but could anyone else eat out there like this? i mean 2-4 bites and i am full i just think it's amazing. don't worry i am not crazy. once the storm passes i am back to the grocery store for yogurt, Protein Drinks, and sugar free popsicles.

10 days post op, you should not be eating solid foods, unless your doctor says it's okay. I'm not a doctor but people are usually on liquids for 2-3 weeks (or longer) followed by pureed. If you have no Protein drinks left or Soups, you should try to puree all your food into a liquid substance!

i know and i'm trying not to. i've probably had a handful of things over the past 2 days. no more though. i was just amazed that i could get it down and keep it down.

But the point is... get it down or not... u could DIE from it! The staple line is very sensitive early on & eating solids can cause a leak which is very serious... Also, u cant rely on ur "full signals" yet as some of ur nerves r cut during surgery and take time to come back together... so while its good u r getting signals... u wont know if ur getting them as early as u should b yet :-( U shouldve stocked all ur needs before surgery... obviously that doesnt matter much now... just do ur best to stay away from solids/ stick with liquids til u can get to the store... PLS b careful with ur tiny tummy, its fragile! Best of luck to u!

jesus lord mary and joseph!!! now what? am i gonna die? what if i did damage? how would i even know?????

how would i know if i have a leak or not???

You may want to ask yourself what is compelling you to even try to eat those things. Why would you even be eating that?!

clearly i wasnt thinking

jesus lord mary and joseph!!! now what? am i gonna die? what if i did damage? how would i even know?????

Don't panic!!!chances are that you will be fine..

Do stop doing it though and consult you doc as soon as possible...:)

I will be one month post op tomorrow and im scared to put anything solid into my new pouch because of leaks. I would defiantly stop eating anything that isn't pureed. You can look up signs of a leak id do believe you would become deathly ill but for your safety i would stop now and hope there's no damage. Possibly call your surgeon and tell him what you've done and follow his advice. Good luck to you.

thanks laura. like i said it was only a couple of times. all small portions. i have no pains at all. no blood in stool or urine. i've already stopped.

thanks lissa

Really take care though if you start feeling nauseous or develop a temperature call the doc!

Ok good luck! And get some broth dammit! :)

i will thank you. i am so stupid. i'd write "lol" but this is no laughing matter. i had NO IDEA eating at this time could cause a leak. No one told me. and nothing was stated in what i read.

i will thank you. i am so stupid. i'd write "lol" but this is no laughing matter. i had NO IDEA eating at this time could cause a leak. No one told me. and nothing was stated in what i read.

Unfortunately not all surgeons tell their patients the importance of staying on plan. You're not stupid, just not informed. Now you know and it sounds like you are taking it seriously. Hope the weather clears up soon for you!!! And best wishes to you and your family!!