Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A pound or 2 is nothing to you but to me it's everything!

This is my thought for the day! I usually weigh myself every monday! i try not to weigh in every day because I know the weight flucuated and could get frusterating, however i purchased a new scale.. a digital one and so now i have one in my house on hand when i want to weigh in... I weighed myself the day I purchased the scale (sunday) then weighed myself again on tuesday... well the scale jumped up 2 pounds.. This is the 1st time since surger (4/27/12) that I actually stepped on the scale and saw it move upwards instead of down wards.

Yes i know this isnt a big deal and yes i know our weight fluctuates but for me it was just a huge shock to see the scale move up!!!

I started my journey at 245 and now weigh in at 158. i am 5'5. if anyone out there is near these #'s i would love to know what weight you are at now post surgery as everyone keeps asking me what my goal weight is but i have no clue!!! what should my weight be?? what i am gearing up for? should i be okay at 158 or will that scale possibly keep going down. I know everyone is differnt i am just trying to get an idea..

photo of me day of surgery (black shirt) and 10 months post op (pink tank top)

post-18458-13813662988377_thumb.jpg

post-18458-13813662989464_thumb.jpg

You look amazing!!! I had surgery 23rd October 2012, started at 249lbs current weight 190lbs. I'm 5'4!

I wouldn't worry about the 2lbs, you'd have to be eating to much to actually gain! Are you on myfitnesspal ?

Xxx

thank you jrabbit81-- yes i do have a myfitnesspal- but sadly dont use it.. what is your goal weight?? were you given one or did you come up with one that you would feel comfortable at??

I am 5'6". I started at 254 (this was at the Dr.s office fully clothed with shoes and a heavy sweater) and today at my Dr's wearing jeans and a light shirt I weighed 138.9. I am a little over my goal of 135, which I reached last March. I have been bouncing around 138 since last Fall.

Goal weight is very personal. I prefer a thinner, long and lean look. I feel like I'm there enough for my age (57). If I was younger, I'd prefer to weigh 10 or 15 lbs less, but I think that would be too bony on my face now.

I weighed daily and still do. I only recorded my weight on Fridays. I often bounced up a little during the week depending on what I ate the day before. I prefer to weigh in daily and seeing a little uptick just reminds me to cut the crap. Also, your new scale may not be as accurate as you'd like. Be sure it's in the same position each time you weigh. I can change my weight by a pound or so by moving the scale around.

Lynda

Lynda

This is my thought for the day! I usually weigh myself every monday! i try not to weigh in every day because I know the weight flucuated and could get frusterating, however i purchased a new scale.. a digital one and so now i have one in my house on hand when i want to weigh in... I weighed myself the day I purchased the scale (sunday) then weighed myself again on tuesday... well the scale jumped up 2 pounds.. This is the 1st time since surger (4/27/12) that I actually stepped on the scale and saw it move upwards instead of down wards.

Yes i know this isnt a big deal and yes i know our weight fluctuates but for me it was just a huge shock to see the scale move up!!!

I started my journey at 245 and now weigh in at 158. i am 5'5. if anyone out there is near these #'s i would love to know what weight you are at now post surgery as everyone keeps asking me what my goal weight is but i have no clue!!! what should my weight be?? what i am gearing up for? should i be okay at 158 or will that scale possibly keep going down. I know everyone is differnt i am just trying to get an idea..

photo of me day of surgery (black shirt) and 10 months post op (pink tank top) post-240658-13813137616551_thumb.jpg

Are you attending a support group? If not, find one, they're great!!! I would go up a pound or two, down a pound, up that one pound, then all of a sudden, after the up and down game, one morning it would be gone.....and I'd start on the next one or two pounds. Several long timers said this was normal, they did the same thing. I reached my doctor's goal in five months and MY personal goal of five pound less, a month later. I did the up and down thing the entire time. I weighed every single morning, I still do. It's part of my life, it's what my doctor recommended. He likes us to keep track and they warn NOT to be anxious when the scale moves up. If we're doing what we are suppose to do, the weight is going to come off. He was right!! :) There was a time or two that that lb or two hung on close to a week, up and down, up and down. I figured out if I'd UP my Protein and drink more Water and iced tea, that helped kick start what I suppose was a short stall. Good luck!!!

I had to keep clicking back and forth on your before and after pics to make sure it was the same person. It crossed my mind that this was a prank. But, yup, you did it! Congratulations! :)

My scale goes up and down in about a 3-5 pound range all the time. It has all through my weight loss. The range kept moving down though and now is centered around my goal weight. I am involved in intense exercise now and that can put the pounds on. I have found that in the long run though, it drives things down.

I had to keep clicking back and forth on your before and after pics to make sure it was the same person. It crossed my mind that this was a prank. But, yup, you did it! Congratulations! :)

My scale goes up and down in about a 3-5 pound range all the time. It has all through my weight loss. The range kept moving down though and now is centered around my goal weight. I am involved in intense exercise now and that can put the pounds on. I have found that in the long run though, it drives things down.

Me??!!! If so, Noooooo,not a prank. I was fat and sassy!! Same me, just a new package, less of me, still sassy. :)

Thanks everyone for the advice and support. No i do not attend a support group, i use this site as my support group, it has so much knowledge for me, and with my schedule the support groups around me are hard to find.

can anyone tell me how they came up with their goal weight?? is it something the doctor told you was a goal or one that you thought of yourself??

the smallest i ever was in my life (when i was 17) was 155 so for me to even think about being slimmer then that is just out of the world! but at this time weighing in at 158 i feel that there is much more weight i can loose. people tell me that i am good where i am, but they havent seen me with no shirt on lol and my belly still says i can loose more! hehe, so i am not sure what the goal weight is for me.

Thanks everyone for the advice and support. No i do not attend a support group, i use this site as my support group, it has so much knowledge for me, and with my schedule the support groups around me are hard to find.

can anyone tell me how they came up with their goal weight?? is it something the doctor told you was a goal or one that you thought of yourself??

the smallest i ever was in my life (when i was 17) was 155 so for me to even think about being slimmer then that is just out of the world! but at this time weighing in at 158 i feel that there is much more weight i can loose. people tell me that i am good where i am, but they havent seen me with no shirt on lol and my belly still says i can loose more! hehe, so i am not sure what the goal weight is for me.

My doctor sets a goal at the three month check up. I am sure it is a weight that puts you right at a healthy BMI. I wanted a five pound pad. I weigh less than I did at 19 when I got married. I weighed 160 then and my wedding dress was a size 9. Now my dresses are 6's, my jeans are 4's and 6's. I never in my wildest dreams thought this was possible.

Let me say, an in person support group is totally different than sitting here on line. I do both, and in addition to having special speakers, some times a cooking class....personal trainers, plastic surgeon.....the list of special meetings is endless. Anyway, being there in person is different and you can make a difference for newbies and then folks that are further out than you, can help you. They say the most successful wls patients, attend a support group. I hang out here for fun, but it does not in any way take the place of my monthly support group.

I am 5'4" started at 232 (9/14/2012 surgery) and I'm 170 right now. My surgeon didn't set a goal for me. I just figured if I could get in the healthy BMI range, I'd be thrilled (140 lbs. would be the top of that for me). I go up and down a few pounds on the scale, too, but I do like to weigh every day just to keep myself in check. I was on blood pressure meds before, so I also want to make sure I'm not eating too much salty stuff. To tell you the truth, anywhere I end up will be great with me. I just want to get somewhere stable that I can maintain so I can start buying clothes!! :)

By the way, you look awesome, starsleeve!!

Thank you kmwheel!!!

and thanks ntvtxn- your knowledge is appreciated- i will have to look into a support group- you bring up some very valid points to consider. may i ask you where you can go to find a support group? my surgeons office is about 45 minutes from me so i cannot attend his- so maybe if i can find out local i can make time to attend them..

Thank you kmwheel!!!

and thanks ntvtxn- your knowledge is appreciated- i will have to look into a support group- you bring up some very valid points to consider. may i ask you where you can go to find a support group? my surgeons office is about 45 minutes from me so i cannot attend his- so maybe if i can find out local i can make time to attend them..

When I had surgery in Dallas, we were living in Wisconsin but I found a support group near us. There were actually a couple with different doctors. What I did was a google search for 'weight loss surgery support groups near' whatever town you are in. Or find a bariatric doctor near you, chances are, they'll have a support group. Everyone is welcome. I started attending this support group in Wisconsin several months BEFORE I had surgery and went every month, some times twice, until we moved back to Texas. The one up there was pretty neat, they had a day time and also a night time, one week apart. I got different information at them and as I lost weight, it was fun being supportive of the new people who were waiting to have surgery.

Star you're built so much like me! Bigger torso on small legs... I'm only day nine post op and really hope to have some of your success!

thank you jrabbit81-- yes i do have a myfitnesspal- but sadly dont use it.. what is your goal weight?? were you given one or did you come up with one that you would feel comfortable at??

My goal is 140lbs, I'm medium framed and don't wanna lose my curves!!!