Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Did You Celebrate Getting to Goal?

I want to either do back to Disney just because it was fun or go to Hawaii...I'll let you know when I get there!!!

I've got Disneyland right here. It might be cheaper to go to Hawaii.

I've got Disneyland right here. It might be cheaper to go to Hawaii.

I think you're right...been to Disney World...it was not cheap!

I say don't Celebrate it with food. But that's me. Instead, go on a special vacation and do something physical that at your prior size you never could have done before the WLS.

I personally bought myself a nice ring at 100 lbs. lost. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of what I have accomplished. Oh and btw, it needs to be sized, AGAIN lol... go figure!

Got married. Seriously. I was married at goal weight.

My DH asked me to marry him when I was obese. He had no idea I was seeking WLS options. This was my decision. Surgeon even said - a high percentage of relationships change due to one partner getting WLS since the other partner is already finds comfort in the others size. Maybe my DH like me as a "fatty" I was willing to lose him rather than lose myself. So, when did he find out I was going in for WLS? Day of final consult he went in with me and shocked me by saying he supported me.

So - you don't need to get married to Celebrate, this is just what I did. Yes, I looked smoking hot in my fitted dres, altered twice to ensure fit...and it was still to big.

I am 2 pounds away from my goal! A friend asked me yesterday if I am planning a big celebration or party and it occured to me that I had put zero thought into how to acknowledge this HUGE milestone. On some levels' date=' I think I have always had some doubt about if I would achieve it but now it is looking quite certain!

When I get to goal, I will have lost 150# from the start of my preop diet. (I was actually heavier than that at one point but that is where i started counting). I have lost a whole freaking normal sized woman or two kids or about 18 newborns.... you can think of this alot of different ways - but i have lost alot of weight and it deserves some kind of recognition!

Curious what others have done. Yes, i have been open about my surgery and have lots of friends and family as supporters.[/quote']

I started researching my PS- once I stayed at goal for a couple months, I had a lip augmentation and scheduled my plastic surgery.

I'm going to learn how to scuba dive when I get to goal! Already have started a scuba diving fund. Will probably be in 2014 since I'm a slow slow loser, but that doesn't matter. I am absolutely enjoying my transformation along the way and am enjoying my life.

Plastic surgery....maybe, maybe not.

I'm going to learn how to scuba dive when I get to goal! Already have started a scuba diving fund. Will probably be in 2014 since I'm a slow slow loser' date=' but that doesn't matter. I am absolutely enjoying my transformation along the way and am enjoying my life.

Plastic surgery....maybe, maybe not.[/quote']

Excellent! Do you have a particular location that you want to go scuba diving?

I guess I didn't really Celebrate. Or maybe I did, and that's why I'm due in two weeks?

Nah, I think I'll celebrate re-achieving goal with my plastics. I'm thrilled with how much I can pull off with hidden Shapewear, but think it would be lovely not to need it.

That, and being pregnant reminded me exactly how much I missed my chest. It reminded my husband, too, though, so the odds of me talking him into plastics in the next year are pretty darn good. ;)

~Cheri

I bought an entire new wardrobe, from underwear to jammies to workwear to casualwear to outerwear and accessoires, but it was a few weeks and pounds before goal. I even had to have new eyeglasses made and my wedding ring resized!

I had to do this, too, but I didn't consider it anything but a necessity. :) I lost that last five pounds but went down a full pant size, bra size, shoe size, etc. and had to have all of my rings resized, too!

~Cheri

I bought a 2013 Dodge Durango RS stealth Black for deciding to have surgery. When I reach goal will be an all new wardrobe and a very expensive wedding ;)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I bought a 2013 Dodge Durango RS stealth Black for deciding to have surgery. When I reach goal will be an all new wardrobe and a very expensive wedding ;)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Nice...