Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did your weightloss STOP !?!?!

How far post-op were you when you stopped losing weight ? I am currently in my 3rd month with no weight loss : ( I am 9 months post op and Have pretty much accepted the fact after no weight loss for 3 months I am at the weight I am going to stay at. Curious to find out if the is normal or just me ?!?!

I'm nine months out and still losing... I've had to increase my carbs and amount of my intake to slow the lose.

But I had tons of months where I had hardly any weight loss... It's always changing

Seems like the 8th and 9th month the weight is coming off easier

lessofmeismore, Thanks for the reply. I have 14 more to go and I can not seem to loose a single pound, I have tried what seems to be everything with no luck. how many calories and carbs are you eating a day ? And on average how much are you losing a week? Thanks

I am over a year out and still losing, but your BMI is in the normal range, perhaps you are just at a good healthy weight? That would be a good reason to stop.

Cowgirljane,

I know my Bmi is at a healthy range and I am happy about that : ) It has not been this low since my teenage years. I do still look like I need lose at least 10 to 15 lbs. I am just at a loss as to why my weight has stopped? My origional goal was 125 and with my build that would be a good weight . I would settle for 135 but know since the weight loss has stopped for so long I guess I will settle for 149

Are you as 'on board' now as you were at month 2 or 3, that would be my question. If not, go back and eat Protein, Protein, protein.....drink plenty of fluids, my favorite is iced tea. It's not Water, but the nurse finally told me to 'just drink fluids, iced tea is not Water, but it keeps the water in the potty close to clear! :) I call it a win/win!!! I reached MY goal, (five lbs under Dr. D's goal for me) at six months and continued to lose. I did NOT want to lose any more but couldn't stop. Finally I was worried enough to call the dietitian and she said, ADD A COUPLE OF Snacks....ADD ADDITIONAL CALORIES. Well, I am good with grazing, and gained back to where I wanted to be. * Seriously, try and gain weight??? * LoL I can still lose if I want to. If I gain a few lbs down in Galveston while eating gumbo more than I really should, then I just cut out a snack when we get home, and within a few days, it's gone. It is NOT as easy now, but compared prior to surgery, it really is no effort. If you are eating anything you should NOT eat or if you have added a snack or two in.....just up the protein and cut it out. That last 14 lbs will come off, I'm sure of it!!! Good luck!!

How far post-op were you when you stopped losing weight ? I am currently in my 3rd month with no weight loss : ( I am 9 months post op and Have pretty much accepted the fact after no weight loss for 3 months I am at the weight I am going to stay at. Curious to find out if the is normal or just me ?!?!

I'm increasing my carb intake with lots of raw vegetable Snacks and juicing... I still eat Protein as my main food but if I stayed doing that I was still dropping sometimes 2-3 pounds a week... I have slowed it down by eatting lots and lots of veggies... I want to stay around 125 so if I drop lower than that then I eat Peanut Butter, some ham stuff like that and it seems to help.

During my losing phase I did grilled chicken, shrimp, fish mostly lean meats and lettuce wraps... I did yogurt so that was carbs but I ate it as Breakfast and it didn't seem to stall my weight loss ... When I get in a lot of Water and eat just lean Proteins I lose the best

I hope this helps...

Don't give up hope... Some months are better than others... It took me forever (it felt like) to get below 150's but it happened... Yours will too!!!

lessosmeismore,

Thank you for you encourging words, I hope these last 14 lbs to come off. I am going to go back to Protein and Water very low carb to see if this helps. I will keep you posted !! Congratulations on reaching your goal !!! I can not imagine trying to gain weight !! That would be a nice flip to my current situation LOL !!

Thanks again : )

I had surgery on 9/10/12 and feel like my loss has slowed down considerably. I need to re-focus and make sure I am logging everything I eat. I also would like to exercise more. I would love to be told to gain weight !! I can't imagine!

I had stalled from March to September last year, and in September I started losing again. I am 19 months out, and I am still losing. I lowered my calories and upped my Water intake, which finally worked for me. I also worked out.

It can still happen. :)

I'm about 13 months post op and my weight loss is coming to a screeching halt. I still have about 25 pounds to lose before I hit my goal so I'm increasing my exercise and decreasing carbs, but only temporarily.

My doctor told me that it's all about calories. Once your body starts getting used to the number of calories you're taking in you have to decrease from there to continue losing. Just stay healthy with it!

I'm increasing my carb intake with lots of raw vegetable Snacks and juicing... I still eat Protein as my main food but if I stayed doing that I was still dropping sometimes 2-3 pounds a week... I have slowed it down by eatting lots and lots of veggies... I want to stay around 125 so if I drop lower than that then I eat peanut butter' date=' some ham stuff like that and it seems to help.

During my losing phase I did grilled chicken, shrimp, fish mostly lean meats and lettuce wraps... I did yogurt so that was carbs but I ate it as Breakfast and it didn't seem to stall my weight loss ... When I get in a lot of Water and eat just lean Proteins I lose the best

I hope this helps...

Don't give up hope... Some months are better than others... It took me forever (it felt like) to get below 150's but it happened... Yours will too!!![/quote']

How did you make your lettuce wraps?

I am 13 months out. My weight loss slowed nearly to a halt at about 10 months. I increased my exercise which in turn made me gain a lb or so. No real loss in 2-3 months. I also have had my hunger return with a vengeance. I crave sweets terribly. I hope this passes too. I can eat a lot more than a year ago, of course all the bad foods seem to be sliders and I can eat a lot of popcorn etc. I still measure my foods but honestly have felt I'm on a "diet" the last month or so since I am fighting my urges every day. It seems that I have hit the "wall" everyone talks about. I am fine with my current weight, was told by my surgeon that I have exceeded their expectations, but have a great fear of failing on the maintenance as I have my entire life. I hope this hunger and cravings is a passing moment on my journey.

I feel sad while I am writing this because honestly, my journey had been easier than ever anticipated. I have never had a moment of regret and have been pleased with my results. No more blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, or even a Migraine since having this surgery. Yet my big fear is that things are changing. I pray I can maintain this way of life. and am trying one day at a time.

My weight loss really slowed at 6 months. It was also when I started drinking wine again. :rolleyes: My sleeve was feeling better and I started having a sweet once in a while. I still eat small portions. I haven't been on this board for a while. Just reading this thread makes me want to get back on board and get the rest of this weight off.

I've also, rarely, exercised. So there's a lot I could do to help myself.