Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are the best and tastiest protein bars?

What are the tastiest Protein Bars? I like carrying Protein bars in my purse for a quick snack

Best to read labels carefully, some Protein bars are high in calories, fat, and carbs. I love the Atkins day break bars...about 150 calories and 10-15 grams of protein and 3 net carbs, the almond cranberry are perfect for Breakfast and the chocolate Peanut Butter fudge perfect for an afternoon snack. The Power Crunch bars are to die for they are like wafer Cookies and the flavors are great, I buy them at Trader Joes and sometimes Rite Aid. I don't like the Pure Protein bars they have 25 grams of protein but taste weird to me. Luna bars are good but only 9 grams of protein and 180 calories. Try a few and see what you like, but again, check the label, some aren't weight loss friendly.

It depends on what matters most to you. For me taste is really important. I eat a Nautre Valley bar daily (the Protein version). They have two flavors (that really taste similar) peanut/dark chocolate and peanut/almond/dark chocolate. Both are 180 cal, 10 G protein, 14 g carbs. I like Atkins too, but for the size, some of their bars have too many carbs (strange) for me. The Nature Valley bars taste great, are very filling, and keep me like a full meal for 2-3 hours.

I eat supreme Protein bars everyday. And when I want a snicker I grab an Oh yeah! Bar. They are the best. But my 3 favs are 1.Metrx -for vitamins/protein blend 2.Supreme protein - high protein low carbs 3. Oh yeah- best tasting hands down

My surgeon has this rule. A Protein Bar should have a 1:10 ratio

Meaning if it has 150 calories it should have at least 15 grams of Protein

200 calories-20 grams of protein

Its not a hard fast ,or medically scientific. But the one thing we need most of all is protein and not wasted calories

I agree about the PowerCrunch, those are my new fave. I find them at Krogers. I also like Think Thin but they have slightly less Protein. When I lost weight pre-op I ate a lot of the Atkins and Pure Protein bars but now I can't stomach most of them. I try to avoid any flavor with a lot of chocolate... the fakeness just became so obvious and disgusting to me. PowerCrunch only has a thin outer coating of chocolate. And I like the ThinkThin bars that the dipped nuts variety. I do buy Atkins if they are on sale but you need to pay attention to the protein. All of them are low in carbs but some of them do not have much protein. The only Supreme Protein variety I've liked is the pretzel one. I've heard a lot of people swear by Quest but I did not find them appetizing at all. Good luck!