Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wedding 11 days post op....?

Hi

One of my closest friends is getting married 11 days after my op. Not ideal but I don't have much choice.

A few questions - what food/liquids will I be on? She is asking if I need any special menu but I was thinking I would only manage some liquids, maybe Soup broth, ice cream?? I don't want her wasting money on a full dinner for it to be binned.

Also I am travelling to my hotel, getting ready then a bus is taking us all to the wedding venue which is about an hour or so away (venue is quite remote) do you think I am being too ambitious? Will all the travelling and sitting be too much? Will be a long day.

I was so looking forward to this wedding but now am a bit stressed

thanks gilx

p.s. I am assuming I won't be able to have a glass of champers..... ;)

Im currently on day 6 since surgery. I had a textbook surgery and now recovery...so far. I had a big day yesterday with a doctor appointment, about 45 min away and a short grocery stop and felt no tiredness. It was the first time i had put on tight fitting pants and a bra but did ok. I will still be on clear fluids by day 11. Based on the way i feel now, i would expect to feel fine for a wedding, but would still need to guard against dehydration. I would take shakes, Isopure and g2. I think you will find that just keeping fluids at goal level and keeping Protein high and carbs high enough for clear thinking and energy will still be a challenge. Take the time to really rest, heal and learn to manage your intake needs before the wedding and keep the food part for wedding day simple. Keep some bottle of Fluid in your hand all that day. Thats my best advise on how i currently feel. You will do fine if you prepare. Have a wonderful day. Ps... I love the shakes but they do make your mouth yucky so a clear protein might work better... Designer way blitz or isopure type.

I would take my own Protein drinks and liquids and change them into a pretty little glass, and walk around with it all day.

Now, I don't remember exactly when the unpredictable liquid bowel movements began with me, but it was bad at times. Just sayin'....

Everyone is so different, but i had a 3 for 1 surgery (sleeve, gall bladder & hernia repair)... i stayed 2 nights & when i left the hosp we drove straight to DE (3 hr drive) and went to church for easter the following day (so 4 days post op)... i was sore n walking around to watch the easter egg hunt was a bit much but Id deff have to go to my friends wedding & i would think ud b ok... just take fluids/shakes like the others said n sip n walk as much as possible :-) best of luck :-)

Everyone's surgery is different. Will you be having a drain? I had a drain for 9 days after surgery. Once the drain is out, there is a big relief. Bring Protein shakes with you, the ice cream may be too much for you, as the sugar could cause you to have diarrhea.

I was on full liquids for 4 weeks so stick with Protein Shakes, broth. If you can bring a sugar-free Jello to keep in your room. Make sure you have your Vitamins and take rests.

I did a lot of walking after surgery but I also took naps every day for the first two weeks too. We all heal at different rates. Remember to sip your Water still and stay away from alcohol, rest when you can.

You should be fine, bring your Protein Drinks and don't even think of eating ice cream. (your poor insides will most definitely make you pay for it and not in a good way)

At 11 days out I was on full liquids so see if there is a creamy Soup with no chunks or bring your own Protein Shake.< /p>

Thanks guys - I hadn't even considered having the 'runs' :blink:

It's strange - as I have been worrying so much about dying on the operating table that I hadn't given my post op condition much thought.

I was up and about quite quickly after my band op but I realise that was a bit simpler and I was 7yrs younger...

I'll get stocked up with liquids and keep away from ice cream & alcohol.... I had only mentioned ice cream as it's part of her menu and I hate being a bother as she's pretty stressed right now. She has been great though offering me use of a room to rest during the day etc.

Determined to enjoy the day with her. I had hoped my op would be in Jan and I'd be looking a little slimmer by the wedding but heyho wasn't to be...

gilx