Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I never thought that I'd feel so much torture after surgery. :/ I weigh myself every morning and if I'm the same weight I was yesterday, my head starts messing with me. I start telling myself " maybe that's it, maybe you're just not going to lose anymore." And I know most of you will tell me not to weigh myself everyday, but that's just impossible for me. The scale helps me try harder and do better with diet and exercise everyday. I feel frustrated because I think the weight is coming off slow and I'm just scared that the scale is just going to stop moving.

Surgery Date: 11/28/12

Total WL since surgery: 28

Total WL with preop: 38

I wish I could throw my scale out the window! But sadly I can't . I'm even worse I stand on that sucker and if I lost something I don't count it until I've been there a couple of days or go a pound lower 0_o

Oh well what can I do...

I wish I could throw my scale out the window! But sadly I can't . I'm even worse I stand on that sucker and if I lost something I don't count it until I've been there a couple of days or go a pound lower 0_o

Oh well what can I do...

Laura I'm tired of seeing you bully people! All the time!!!!! Any way don't worry about the slowness it will come off. It's better for your body too so you won't have to deal with loose skin and it'll be easier for you to adjust. I know it's frustrating I'm in a stall but I know it's physically impossible for me to stop loosing weight at this juncture. Your a tough chick it will work out!!!!

I was dealing with the same thing as you. I would get on, not see it move and be mad all day, running through the checklist in my head. I finally told myself I could get on every other day. Got on today and had lost 3 pounds from 2days before, it felt so good that I am now going to wait 3 days. It is hard, my scale is right there, but I resist!

Dont weigh yourself everyday. I know its really hard believe me. But go on and live your life it will happen. My surgeon said throw your scale away,just get weighed when you come in for your check ups. Most people dont im sure,but its a thought

I had my husband put the scale away, somewhere I didn't know. Then he would get it out one day a week. Now after five months I have alittle more control and I just put it in the closet. If it is sitting on the floor I have to get on it then I'm crazy all week. Good luck, the head part is the hardest!

I threw mine away before the surgery, and I am so glad I did. I was only sleeved on 1/28 and I already would have been checking it if I still had it.

I definitely recommend joining the Super Saturday Weigh In thread. It might not keep you off the scale, but it definitely helps when you can follow your loss from week to week rather than day to day, or if you are as bad as I was, every 2-3hrs.

I just started weighing myself every day. WHY??? I don't know. I'm putting up the scale and will start weighing in on Wednesdays!

I know it's physically impossible for me to stop loosing weight at this juncture.

I think that this is a very good point! Afte having this surgery it is almost impossible not to lose weight :) hang in there the number will change. weight your self once a week instead of everyday that might help :)

I feel the same. I lost 18 pounds on preop diet then 15 pounds first months 9 pounds second month 8 pounds third month and now only 1 pound in the last two weeks. It's a total of 50 pounds which is great but from January on I fluctuated the whole time with a few pounds going up one then down then back up. I scale in every day too and I like that. I think that I could probably eat more Protein and more Water but I can't eat that much at one sitting anyway. And I know I should be exercising which I do not. But I just ordered the Total Gym XLS from the TV and waiting for delivery! Good luck to us all!