Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so someone hipped me on to something I didn't even know existed... Protein liquid shots. I would like to try some incase my protein intake runs short postop. has anyone had these... of so which ones do u recommend????

so someone hipped me on to something I didn't even know existed... Protein liquid shots. I would like to try some incase my protein intake runs short postop. has anyone had these... of so which ones do u recommend????

Not all Protein is the same. The shots have "animal" Protein not all whey. Do some research you will be surprised at all the stuff that is put into some products. Myself I don't think they are worth it. But whatever works for you is what matters.

Dee

I heard about didn't try it sorry I am post OP 4 days and need to try something else

The question is whether this shot passes the OTR test or not ? LOL!

I tried the Protein Shots said on the tube that they taste great no way they were 5 bucks a piece and they went to the trash nasty tasting I even tried putting them in a smoothly and nasty .

I love the Protein shots! I mix a fruit punch shot with crystal light fruit punch! They are $ 1.99 each. I prefer them over the Isopure. Yuck.....

I read that those were not true protein.. and was told to stay away from them.. Im trying to get all my Protein from foods right now.. I get darn close at times.. and then in between.. Water water water..

Some Protein shots contain bad Protein your body can't absorb (collagen). You're just throwing money away. I believe "New Whey" shots available at Walmart and other places was the main culprit. "New Whey" being the name of the shot, not necessarily the ingredients. :P

The bariatric shots posted earlier in this thread also contain collagen as their first ingredient.

My mom bought these for me immediately post op. As someone else said, more tolerable than Isopure but still pretty nasty. I had to majorly dilute it with Powerade 0 and still couldn't drink much of it. I'm not the best to talk to, I didn't do well with my week of clear liquids... didn't cheat, just didn't get the Protein I needed. I cannot attest to anything the other posters mentioned, not sure. Ironically, I'm getting my gallbladder out tomorrow and on Clear Liquids again for 24 hours. My mom mentioned buying me some more of the shots. I'm going to have to have her check things out before she buys them now.

the shots to me where sooooooooo gross they are thick and have this sour weird taste to them I could hardly ever get them down but maybe you can do it!!! Try the Unjury Protein Shakes I think there really good compared to other protien shakes!!

hmmm... well it sounded a lil to good to be true I guess!

Sorry y'all...but whether they taste good or not is irrelevant. They are of no nutritional value to you. The collagen Protein will not be absorbed and you will not receive the protein your muscles need to prevent a catabolic state...meaning your body will burn your muscles for fuel. You need high quality, fast absorbing protein to prevent this. whey is the best, fast absorbing protein you'll find. Collagen is of no use.

I was about to chime in and say the same thing, but BTB beat me to it. Yep, those shots are a waste of your time and your money. Investing the time and energy into finding a Protein shake you like and want to drink is worth it because the Protein will help you in the long haul. It's HARD to get enough protein in on diet alone, and it's worse if you're hitting the gym to get fit at the same time and need even more.

There are hundreds of options out there - don't quit just because you've tried one or two things made one or two ways and didn't like them.

Good luck,

~Cheri