Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried the Tracy Anderson Method?

Im a sucker for infomercials (luckily I never see them), but I got sucked into Metamophosis by Tracy today. It sounded interesting. Has anyone else seen this? What was your impression? Better yet has anyone tried it?

Its a customized 90 day workout program based on your body type. I think you order your program based on if you carry your weight in your abs, hips, butt, or all over. Its supposed to work the smaller muscles to make you lean and not bulk you up. But what was pretty cool was the before and after interviews, because it wasn't just a before/ after pics. You actually see video of the people before they started and after which is kind of cool. But like I said I am a sucker for stuff like this then it collects dust because I don't enjoy it. I might enjoy a program better now since I am 60 lbs lighter lol.

Well you cant target weightloss. You can certainly focus on different muscle groups, but that won't help you lose weight in that area. It sounds misleading in that area.

Well you cant target weightloss. You can certainly focus on different muscle groups' date=' but that won't help you lose weight in that area. It sounds misleading in that area.[/quote']

I think it was more about toning the target area and then the cardio was the same for all the areas.

I haven't seen it, or heard of it, but after reading a bit about it, it sounds pretty funny to me. I'd like to see someone doing it, lol. Targeted area cardio? Wonder how that works exactly, and challenging your DNA to target areas for weight loss? Take it for what its worth, it's an infomercial likely running in the dead of night...you'd be better off getting a trainer some place and getting in a good workout rather than trying to make something of nothing. The only reason she ever got popular was because Madonna endorsed her for a very, very short time. You won't be "bulking up" if you lift weight, or anything of that sort. You can't "lean" a muscle instead of "bulking" the muscle. Muscles grow one way, or they die one way. Take fitness models for instance, they lift, some lift damn heavy, but they don't look any bit of "bulky".

Try to remember, those people in the commercials aren't graduates of said programs, and with photoshop and media arts, it's really pretty easy to make anyone look amazing with a 6 pack and tight toned skin.

I knew someone who went on it and suffered dizziness and fainting spells before she quit it. The food discipline required, which is very strict and unchanging, is not for everyone. It also required 2 hours of workout per day so if that is not something you are up to doing, don't go with this latest fad out there.