Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sannah, you did the right thing and the path your taking with making sure you have alternative care is very smart. You are very strong and so wise! Keep advocating for the best care!!

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Sannah...you can call me on that banana-fone any old time!! Good for you for speaking your mind...you've been through ALOT.

Well once you get through this I am sure you will have a new appreciation for your precious life and be stronger for the journey. You are strong and sensible and you have a voice in your care, so do what you gotta do girlfriend!!

Wishing you nothing but the best!

Hi Sannah. It's Beth from December Sleevers. Just read this entire post. You are so strong. Am curious how your appt. goes? If she treats you the same way I think it's time to move on. There are too many great doctors out there to allow someone to treat you like that' date=' especially with all you have been through. Best of luck today. Hope u r feeling better. Soon this will be a bad memory and you will be feeling great!!! Keep us updated.[/quote']

Hey Beth,

So great to here from you!! How are you doing? I posted an update here in this thread. It's been rough going. I am getting better one day at a time. I think your right it will be a bad memory and I am going to be rocking my sleeve with all the December Sleevers!!! Thank you for supporting and encouraging me. These couple months have been so hard. You help pull me through!!!!

Best,

Sannah

Sannah...you can call me on that banana-fone any old time!! Good for you for speaking your mind...you've been through ALOT.

Well once you get through this I am sure you will have a new appreciation for your precious life and be stronger for the journey. You are strong and sensible and you have a voice in your care' date=' so do what you gotta do girlfriend!!

Wishing you nothing but the best![/quote']

Thank you so much!! Your words are heart felt!! I feel like something has to give right? We can only move forward. I am just now learning that I am going to be okay. I have so much support here and family/friends. I could not have done without everyone.

I am curious how your doing? How has your journey been?

I spent almost my entire adult life fat, but I have always been confident and had good self esteem, a great job, strong relationships...but deep inside I was ashamed of my body and the fact that I could diet and lose weight but only so much before the plateaus shut me down and the gaining began again. In the summer of 2011 I was nearly 280 lbs at only 5 ft tall. A few pivotal experiences gave me the courage to seek weight loss surgery and when I finally took that step, it unfolded in the most positive way. I went thru a 12 week pre-op program then qualified for surgery which was a breeze for me, no complications, and I got some wind beneath my sails and began walking and exercising, and working the plan. I used to wear a 3X or 4X and now I look much more like my petite self from days gone by...and I squeezed into a 12 this week. Slow and steady with stalls along the way but I am committed to get and stay healthy. I am 10 months out and 100 lbs down and lovin my sleeve!!

My leak symptoms weren't typical. I had a low and dull back ache. I had one night of chattering jaw and shaking muscles in my back- I was super cold. My body would sweat, like enough sweat that my bedding was wet.

I looked so good when the surgeon saw me, she was convinced I didn't have a leak. She seemed to be in shock I had a leak with how well I looked.

The most important thing to take from this always listen to your body. You know it best and seek help accordingly. It's always better safe than sorry especially with these types of complications. Make sure you advocate for your self. Your gut is a strong indication of what you need to do.

I wish you the best and hope that you never walk down the same road as I.

Wow. I hope you are doing much better now. I'll keep you in my prayers! Take care.

I spent almost my entire adult life fat' date=' but I have always been confident and had good self esteem, a great job, strong relationships...but deep inside I was ashamed of my body and the fact that I could diet and lose weight but only so much before the plateaus shut me down and the gaining began again. In the summer of 2011 I was nearly 280 lbs at only 5 ft tall. A few pivotal experiences gave me the courage to seek weight loss surgery and when I finally took that step, it unfolded in the most positive way. I went thru a 12 week pre-op program then qualified for surgery which was a breeze for me, no complications, and I got some wind beneath my sails and began walking and exercising, and working the plan. I used to wear a 3X or 4X and now I look much more like my petite self from days gone by...and I squeezed into a 12 this week. Slow and steady with stalls along the way but I am committed to get and stay healthy. I am 10 months out and 100 lbs down and lovin my sleeve!![/quote']

Hello Katie,

Sounds your journey so far has been smooth!! I am so happy to hear!! Congratulations on the 100lbs lost!! That is most amazing!! A 12 that must feel fantastic!! :) Do you still use walking as your primary form of exercise? Does your sleeve tolerate most foods? Thank for you sharing your story. It's refreshing to hear your success!! :)

Best,

Sannah

Wow. I hope you are doing much better now. I'll keep you in my prayers! Take care.

Thank you kindly. Thank for wishing me well I am reading everyone's post and I always feel so good and supported. :)

Today has been hard. My heart is acting real strange. Last night I was having a racing heart and it felt real weird-irregular. I was real light headed. As the day has progressed my bp has dropped 108/70 and a pulse of 46. This is not a typo. My pulse is low. I feel strange. My vision is worse.

I called the dr and they said away from all heart medications. To drink a lot of Gatorade.

It feels scary. I feel light headed and weak.

I hope that you guys are having a good day!!!

Sannah, do you have someone with you???

Sannah' date=' do you have someone with you???[/quote']

My husband is here and my Mom is on her way over. I feel so strange and not okay. We have a little girl (16 months). Things have to get better!! Right?!

Please call your PCP....

I called them right away . I was told to stay away from the heart meds Stop them all and immediately. Also to stay home and drink alot of Gatorade. I am at home resting and getting Gatorade in. But I feel miserable. I have never had heart problems until this leak, when my heart started collecting Fluid. It feels miserable.

I really wish they would be more helpful to you!

I guess at this point you know yourself better than anyone that is "working" with you. if things deteriorate go to the ER!

I really wish they would be more helpful to you!

I guess at this point you know yourself better than anyone that is "working" with you. if things deteriorate go to the ER!

I will. I feel scared. It's worrisome. I am going to monitor my bp and pulse. I will keep you posted. B