Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over 400Lbs Gastric Sleeve Success Story

Hi, I was sleeved on 07/31/13.. I weighed in day of surgery at 425lbs...my first month post-op visit I was down to 395lbs.

Awesome storys, I was in the 300's and I didn't think I would be back in the mid 200's this quick almost 8 weeks out..... Keep up the good work....

175lbs lost so far : ) 9 months post op....

Started 400+, Surgery was July 1, 2013 and was very easy up and walking within a couple of hours. By morning I was ready to go home, wanted to go the gym the next day but my wife talked me out of it. Down a total of 98 including pre-op liquids. This journey is amazing, I exercise 5-6 days a week. Eat smartly in very small portions, but can have a bite of almost anything. Work and life are so much better today than a year ago.

I know what you mean. ..I can do so much more now around my semi truck. .I don't have to rely on my husband as much anymore. I am beginning to love life again.

175lbs lost so far : ) 9 months post op....

wow! congrats

I had my vertical Sleeve surgery on 4/10/13 and weighted 464 lbs and today my weight is 305! I couldn't be happier with my results so far! Best decision I've ever made! You will have great results!

post-49488-13838396760383_thumb.jpg

I had my vertical Sleeve surgery on 4/10/13 and weighted 464 lbs and today my weight is 305! I couldn't be happier with my results so far! Best decision I've ever made! You will have great results!

that's amazing

Omg.. you look so good! I still worry if I doing it right. ..I don't have time to go to a gym and my eating schedule is crazy. ..I am a truck driver. .I drive team with my husband. . and our truck runs 24 hours a day. ..we have to eat going down the road and when it comes to exercise, walking in rest areas, shippers and in and around the truck stops. ..out here I feel alone. ..however, seeing your success, keeps me on track. You look amazing! Congrats on your success.

I started the approval process at my highest weight ever 453 on October27th, 2012. Lost 82 pounds and was 371 on my surgery date of June 4th 2013. Now I weigh 296, for a total since surgery of 74 and 156 pounds all together!! You can do it, it's hard, but so worth it!!

Almost 9 months out. I hit 150lbs lost today!! It is getting much harder. Had lost some weight every week until a few weeks ago when I gained two pounds. Did not get discouraged and kept working at it. Lost 3 lbs last week and one this week to get me to the 150.

I started my pre op diet at 410, SW at 392. I was sleeved 8/8 and am down a total of 56 pounds. You guys are all amazing. I've got a loong way to go. Keep telling me good things.

Currently weight 403. Surgery scheduled for dec 2. What do you think is key to losing the large numbers on the scale?

Currently weight 403. Surgery scheduled for dec 2. What do you think is key to losing the large numbers on the scale?

Persistence.

Better advice to give you than telling you how to lose large amounts of weight is to have realistic expectations from the jump. For example, yes, you're actually going to gain weight in the hospital and yes it will come off within a week or so. Also, a stall is not when you haven't lost weight in two days. If you're going to be one of those psychos that insist on weighing yourself everyday then at least measure yourself everyday as well. If, in a six-week period, you've gained weight or not lost any and your measurements haven't moved, then you've stalled (my surgeon's advice, check with yours for the final word). Anything less than that is nothing to be concerned about.