Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all Overachiever Sleevers (ya'll know who you are)..and Achiever Sleevers too...

How about helping your fellow (Sleeper) Sleevers and give us an idea of your daily menus? In detail!!! Surgery Date, weight loss, calories, carbs, exercise. Maybe share your secrets that you think have helped you become one of the elite. Or if you were once a Sleeper Sleever, what did you do to move on up to Overachiever Sleever status?

And this applies to the Achiever Sleevers too....

Share the knowledge people!!!

~Dana, Sleeper Sleever in New Orleans

Oh! I'd like to see this, too!

waiting, too! maybe I can get some pointers as to what I can eat to break these dreaded stalls...

For Breakfast I will usually have either 2 eggs or greek yogurt. lunch is a meat rollup with lettuce as bread or salmon/tuna pouch. Dinner-salmon, chicken, etc, with some veggies. For Snacks I will have beef jerky(I love the Matador brand), greek yogurt with PB2. My calories are between 800-900 and I try not to go over 50 g carbs per day. I exercise 5-6 days per week for at least an hour each time. Hope this helps. I try to find new recipes that I can make for myself so it doesn't get boring. I had my surgery over a year ago and have lost 105 lbs.

Can't wait to hear about this! I'm 5 days post op and 11 lbs down but I'm sure it won't be this fast after a while.

Breakfast: eggs (, cheese, veggies, mango salsa, chicken sausage) or Protein shakes with chia

Snack: a Protein shake

Lunch: chicken patty or chicken meatballs ( from Costco), seaweed salad. Sometimes left overs from a previous dinner. Snack: a chicken hotdog (about 3 oz and from Costco), seaweed wafers

Dinner: lots of different " cooking light" recipes. Most revolve around chicken or shrimp, seafood salad, veggies (sautéed, grilled, steamed).

My wife does her bet to help me out with dinner and does a great job. When I go out I try to evaluate menu options and pick something low in fat, carbs and calories. I do mess up on occasion but because something that looked really healthy was not!

I do not eat processed, fruit or bread foods nor do I eat sweets or pastries. Seem to be ok without them and do not even think about it nor do I miss them. I get most of my core nutritional needs from a handful of different pills in the morning ( Calcium chew throughout the day).

Overall I am happy with both progress and energy that this type of eating gives me after 6 months ( been eating this way from month 2). I am close to goal and am about 6.5 months out. My total loss is about 175 lb ( start 360 lb, current : 183 lb). This includes a month of weight loss before surgery.

My wife has also found eating the same foods for dinner, but in larger portions, is helping her lose weight. She no longer eats the same amount (very little in fact) of bread. I can usually eat 4 oz of a Protein and 1 oz of veggie. More than that and I am sliming. Not worth it. I drink 100+ ounces Water a day. Protein ends up being 120-150 grams a day. I also run 3-5 miles every other day, lift every other day and follow an intense workout with my morning shake to help recovery for next run. I love my weekly starbucks grande skinny lattee. I am definitely a coffee advocate(both my dr and NUT allow it).

Hope this helps.

For Breakfast I will usually have either 2 eggs or greek yogurt. lunch is a meat rollup with lettuce as bread or salmon/tuna pouch. Dinner-salmon, chicken, etc, with some veggies. For Snacks I will have beef jerky(I love the Matador brand), greek yogurt with PB2. My calories are between 800-900 and I try not to go over 50 g carbs per day. I exercise 5-6 days per week for at least an hour each time. Hope this helps. I try to find new recipes that I can make for myself so it doesn't get boring. I had my surgery over a year ago and have lost 105 lbs.

Thanks Ali! Question -- how many calories were you taking in during different stages...like at 3 months out, 6 months out?

Congratulations on the 105 lbs!!

Breakfast: eggs (, cheese, veggies, mango salsa, chicken sausage) or Protein shakes with chia

Snack: a Protein shake

Lunch: chicken patty or chicken meatballs ( from Costco), seaweed salad. Sometimes left overs from a previous dinner. Snack: a chicken hotdog (about 3 oz and from Costco), seaweed wafers

Dinner: lots of different " cooking light" recipes. Most revolve around chicken or shrimp, seafood salad, veggies (sautéed, grilled, steamed).

My wife does her bet to help me out with dinner and does a great job. When I go out I try to evaluate menu options and pick something low in fat, carbs and calories. I do mess up on occasion but because something that looked really healthy was not!

I do not eat processed, fruit or bread foods nor do I eat sweets or pastries. Seem to be ok without them and do not even think about it nor do I miss them. I get most of my core nutritional needs from a handful of different pills in the morning ( Calcium chew throughout the day). Overall I am happy with both progress and energy that this type of eating gives me after 6 months ( been eating this way from month 2). I am close to goal and am about 6.5 months out. My wife has also found eating the same foods for dinner, but in larger portions, is helping her lose weight. She no longer eats the same amount (very little in fact) of bread. I can usually eat 4 oz of a protein and 1 oz of veggie. More than that and I am sliming. Not worth it. I also run 3-5 miles every other day, lift every other day and follow an intense workout with my morning shake to help recovery for next run. I love my weekly starbucks grande skinny lattee. I am definitely a coffee advocate(both my dr and NUT allow it).

Hope this helps.

Thanks!! How many calories are you taking in now? About how many in the first 3 months?

Thanks Ali! Question -- how many calories were you taking in during different stages...like at 3 months out, 6 months out?

Congratulations on the 105 lbs!!

Hey, I was taking in about 400 for the first 3 months. About 6 month post op it was probably around 600. Around the 8th month I started doing 800-900 calories daily. I can definitely eat more now than in the past, but there is still definitely restriction. I don't think I can eat more than 4-5 oz at a time. If I overeat, then I definitely know it and will have to get sick or be uncomfortable for awhile. It's definitely not like it was before. I have had plenty of stalls. My longest has been 3 weeks.

Thanks!! How many calories are you taking in now? About how many in the first 3 months?

Month 1: 350-500 calories

Month 2: 450-600 calories

Month 3: 500-800 calories

Current: 900-1200 calories

I give ranges because I haver never tracked calories. After month 2, I stopped tracking Protein grams and ate based upon habits formed.

How about helping your fellow (Sleeper) Sleevers and give us an idea of your daily menus? In detail!!! Surgery Date' date=' weight loss, calories, carbs, exercise. Maybe share your secrets that you think have helped you become one of the elite. Or if you were once a Sleeper Sleever, what did you do to move on up to Overachiever Sleever status?

And this applies to the Achiever Sleevers too....

Share the knowledge people!!!

~Dana, Sleeper Sleever in New Orleans[/quote']

Well I'm not sure I'm an "overachiever" but I feel like a pretty good achiever. Surgery 12-28-11. lost 125 pounds, 20 more to go. Calories 900-1000, Protein 70, carbs 60 Max, Water 80 oz (half my body weight) cardio 45 minutes 5 days a week. Strength training 60-90 minutes a week.

Apple juice with Vitamins first thing in the AM. Then eggs or Greek yogurt for Breakfast. Turkey or ham and cheese for lunch. dinner I eat whatever I make for my family just less ofcourse. Snacks I have cheese, yogurt, Protein Bars Peanut Butter and crackers.

Hey, I was taking in about 400 for the first 3 months. About 6 month post op it was probably around 600. Around the 8th month I started doing 800-900 calories daily. I can definitely eat more now than in the past, but there is still definitely restriction. I don't think I can eat more than 4-5 oz at a time. If I overeat, then I definitely know it and will have to get sick or be uncomfortable for awhile. It's definitely not like it was before. I have had plenty of stalls. My longest has been 3 weeks.

When you were doing the 400 was that because that is your doc's guidelines? Sorry for so many questions but my plan does not specify calories.. I see some people are doing 600, some are doing 300, some say they're doing 1000 .... It's all over the map. I'm 6 weeks out and doing about 800. I'm thinking I need to lower my calories?? I'm just wary because I do not want to put my body in starvation mode ( that is how ended up like this -- yo yo dieting for 30 years)

Forgive me for all the questions :)

Thanks!

Dana

Well I'm not sure I'm an "overachiever" but I feel like a pretty good achiever. Surgery 12-28-11. lost 125 pounds, 20 more to go. Calories 900-1000, Protein 70, carbs 60 Max, Water 80 oz (half my body weight) cardio 45 minutes 5 days a week. Strength training 60-90 minutes a week.

Apple juice with Vitamins first thing in the AM. Then eggs or Greek yogurt for breakfast. Turkey or ham and cheese for lunch. dinner I eat whatever I make for my family just less ofcourse. Snacks I have cheese, yogurt, Protein Bars Peanut Butter and crackers.

125 lbs???? Hellooooooo! Of course you are an Overachiever Sleever! :) Congratulations!

How many calories do you think you were doing the first 3 months? 6 months?

When you were doing the 400 was that because that is your doc's guidelines? Sorry for so many questions but my plan does not specify calories.. I see some people are doing 600, some are doing 300, some say they're doing 1000 .... It's all over the map. I'm 6 weeks out and doing about 800. I'm thinking I need to lower my calories?? I'm just wary because I do not want to put my body in starvation mode ( that is how ended up like this -- yo yo dieting for 30 years)

Thanks!

Dana

I was following Dr. guidelines for awhile. They said to do 400-600 calories until 75% of weight is lost. I followed that for about the first 4 months and then felt I should up my calorie level. So, I kinda went outside of what the surgeon and Nut said. My pcp said I could take in 1000 calories and limit carb intake to 50 g. So far, 800-900 cal is working for me and I'm still losing weight.

Thanks!

Dana

You're questions aren't bothering me. I love to help out any way i can. :)