Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today i found out that i streched my pouch

I can't really tell as I'm on my phone but I don't think the incisions look right? Or am I wrong?

No you're right.. omg. Im hoping she is telling the truth.. this is crazy. Lol

I am only 7 weeks out and I really don't see how I did this. I am waiting for my surgery pics so I can get a second opinion. There is just no way.

What happened? We're you getting sick a lot?

Wow! I've never heard of this happening before I hope all turns out ok for you.

What happened? We're you getting sick a lot?

Go to page 1 or 2. She explains how much she is able to eat since waking up from surgery. ..

Recoount

Wow, for someone who keeps labeling me the fighter, you sure know how to fan a fire that is already dead. But I'm over it and am here for the OP.

Tra-la-la-la-la :D

The only thing I'm going to contribute here is that I urge any new and researching folks to wait out the results of this thread before jumping to conclusions.

It is a physical impossibility for a properly sleeved stomach to first of all, stretch that much, especially that quickly (especially during the swollen healing phase) and all without the pain and vomiting that follows a sleever eating even a bite too many. Second, to stretch to the point where you could rapidly regain 20 pounds is something I have never, ever seen here. Anyone I've seen regain has regained on sliders. And immediately post op? No way.

Anyone that's been operated on can see there is something missing here - either on the OP's or surgeon's end. I reserve my own judgment for when we know more, but acknowledge that we can't ever really "know" anything about this situation because we're trusting in social media without any way to prove anything.

Remember those first few days post op? I clearly remember not being able to sip more than three spoonfuls of broth in the hospital because that much made me feel full. All sleeves aren't equal, but none of us can fit the quantities as discussed by OP on other threads, even at seven weeks post op.

So, let's not panic, everyone! Wait and see if anything more concrete comes from this, because this isn't even a case of getting a bypass instead of a sleeve. I have friends that had a bypass and none of them bounced back or were able to eat like that, either. In fact, I'd argue the bypass surgery was harder on all of them than my sleeve was on me!

OP - sorry you're going through whatever situation we have here. I hope that you won't disappear before filling us in on the rest of the story.

~Cheri

Recoount

For the love of god, why are you being such a drama queen? Her surgeon's name has been listed in her profile this whole time. rolleye.gif

I noticed her profile pic changed...I think it's showing the incisions(I'm on my iPad and can't view full profiles) BUT...I need to see the face in that shot to believe it. I'm not saying she has to PROVE she's telling the truth...but....well I guess I am saying that lol.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I won't say that I doubt her and my gut feeling is she is telling the truth. I am concerned about this situation cause i had a meeting with my surgeon for my checkup and when i asked him this question he was shocked he told me that its not possible .He said that if someone is taking in that much food it will open the staples and its a given that it will start leaking but according to him its not possible . My surgeon is top 10 Biatrics surgeon in the country and had done more than 300 plus surgeries . it just doesn't make any sense :(. Maybe she is not explaining it right ????

It's not that I couldn't stop eating 4oz was not enough for me. In the hospital I was eating more then 4 oz. I really don't think I ate alot at all.

That sounds like your answer

I'm sorry your going through this, please keep us posted on what you find out. You really do have people here concerned for you. Good luck!

That sounds like your answer

Eating more than 4 oz of liquid is not going to make someone gain more than 20 pds. So I don't really think that's the answer to her dilemma.

Something isn't right here and the doc is suspect. Who would tell a patient 7 weeks out that they stretched their stomach?? Especially since more than half that time your stomach is swollen and healing.

You are doing right... Continue to gather all your documents and seek someone else out. I pray that everything works out for you.

First I want to say, I am so sorry you are experiencing this difficult situation with your surgeon. Second, I am sorry you are now experiencing childish behavior on a site that is actually supposed to be a support forum. I truly hope things begin to turn in your favor soon. Lastly, what is wrong with some of you, she comes here asking for a little support and to see if anyone is or has experienced what she is going through and you attack her, really? How about if you don't have anything supportive to say or helpful in anyway you don't post. No one cares to listen to people have playground fights, or from another psting I witnessed an almost full fledge sexting party which was utterly ridiculous. I came to this site myself for support during a very scary and rewarding time in my life to learn from others going throgh the same thing I am. I didn't come here to read a bunch of useless, mindless, and self absorbed opinions of others, or for a date! Go to match.com if your lonely or take it offline. Also, if you just have to fight with someone on here, just exchange numbers and handle it like adults and leave the rest of us out of it. That was my soap box moment, I hope people are not offended and understand some of us just want to make friends and get al little support.

Sounds like a malpractice suit. There's no way possible you could have stretched ...like others said...you would have a leak along the suture line before "stretching" since you're so early out. Not to be funny...but it sounds like no surgery was ever performed.

Thats what I thought,after reading what all she ate after surgery,and what all she was able to do,I couldnt put my own shoes on for almost 1 week,much less eat anything.

No need to explain anything. I was sleeved 12-12-12 (actually got it tatted on my ankle) I have no need to lie. Mater of fact I'm just going to stop posting and get everything in writing and go from there. Thanks again everyone and I will most def keep the ones that seem generally interested in this topic.

Im going to bed now.

Ill keep you posted

I'm sorry to hear that, I was sleeved that day also and right now I can't eat a lot of food and most times I'm not hungry. I've 50 + lbs so far. Please get a lawyer and sue for malpractice this is very wrong. Good luck to u!!