Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today i found out that i streched my pouch

I'm 3 weeks post-op and it's been Protein Shakes and liquids for me so far (2 more days!). What were you eating in the hospital?

Jello broth and cream of Soups

What tests did they perform to determine you had stretched it?

Jello broth and cream of soups

Those r "liquids" & shouldnt have stretched ur sleeve... if ur sleeve is big, id venture to say ur right, they didnt do ur sleeve right... u should b able to find out... did they do a leak test @the hospital the day after ur surgery? If so, its an xray and they can see ur stomach size on it bcuz of the contrast u drink... & as the patient, u have the right to request a copy of the xrays & the report! Pls do... i hope u figure out whats going on...

Sounds like free revision surgery to me. Unfortunately I have heard of a person not losing much/gaining after having the sleeve and my suspicion is that the sleeve was not small enough. The amount of food this person could eat at 8 weeks post surgery would stuff me and I hadn't even had surgery yet.

It's physically impossible for you to have stretched your sleeve within 7 weeks by your own doing. I think you have either been given the wrong diagnoses or your surgeon is at fault. My surgeon says that it takes constant abuse of your sleeve (as in over a year) to stretch it. At 7 weeks out there's just no way you could of done this, plus you would be very sick all the time.

I would seek a second opinion and check your surgeons work by let getting another surgeon to look at the photos taken after surgery.

It's so sad that you are going through all this.......Hugs!

Jello broth and cream of Soups

I sorry to hear this is happening to you. I found that crazy that you got cream of Soup at the hospital. I was on clear liquid 2 week before surgery, and 3 week after surgery. Now is that I am on full liquid, and able to eate cream of Soup. I think ur doc mess up in something. I don't see how can it be stretched unless u eating starch food and lot of sugary food.... After 3 week I am still having problem to eat all I need through the day. Sorry to hear that I will look for a new doc

It's physically impossible for you to have stretched your sleeve within 7 weeks by your own doing.

True, especially if all you were eating was Jello, broth and cream Soups. Those would slide right through the sleeve and not buiild up enough to cause any stretching. You would almost certainly had staple failure before any of the existing sleeve stretched.

Something is very not right here.

In my humble opinion at 7weeks the suture line is the weak link ,that would tear before you stretched any remaining part of a correctly sleeved stomach.The fundus is the part that is removed that's the "stretchy"part. Sounds like dr is hustling you demand the leak test results and get a second opinion! Good luck

First time I have read that a surgeon confirmed a stretch of the sleeve here on VST. For the record books!

I'm new, but I can't even imagine having a problem with overeating at this stage, and I doubt that you are either. I'm 5 weeks and I'm barely eating anything, not because I don't want to - but I just can't. I definitely would get a second opinion. I couldn't even drink Water while in the hospital, though I did have a little broth (very little).

I do hope another doctor will give you the straight story regarding what's going on with you. If your surgeon messed up, it's time to lawyer up and post his name all over the place so no one else will be subjected to this hack.

I may not know much, but I do know this is a very serious type of surgery that should only be performed by a more than competent surgeon. In my mind there is no margin of error here.

Good luck to you and let us know how you make out.

In my humble opinion at 7weeks the suture line is the weak link ' date='that would tear before you stretched any remaining part of a correctly sleeved stomach.The fundus is the part that is removed that's the "stretchy"part. Sounds like dr is hustling you demand the leak test results and get a second opinion! Good luck[/quote']

LOL.. What do think the food is just "leaking" out of her stomach, and that's why she can eat so much????

OH FOR THE SIZE!! Hehehe got it :)