Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today i found out that i streched my pouch

I am only 7 weeks out and I really don't see how I did this. I am waiting for my surgery pics so I can get a second opinion. There is just no way.

how would you know this?

Sleevers don't have pouches, The swelling goes down after you heal and the volume you can eat slightly increases. Studies show that depending on the length of your sleeve, volume increases from 2 oz. to about 8oz. The real stretchy part was removed.during the surgery.

I have never heard of this. Is this what your surgeon said?

Went to the doctor today and this is what was told too me.

I personally just think they didnt take enough. I'm looking for another surgeon for there opinion.

Does anyone know of one in N VA

What did they say? What diagnostic tools were used ?

You're barely out of the mushy phase... That phase can't stretch out your stomach..

I'm confused

They cut and staple around a bougie - a tube that is inserted into the stomach. They are pretty standard, but even the difference between the sizes is minimal - we're talking millimeters.here.

Somebody is feeding you B.S.

I went because of my 20 lb weight gain. I really hurts to get on here and see that ppl have lost any weight. I'm 7 weeks out and I weight more now then I did the day of my surgery. We went over my eat habits and my exercise routine. Then they sent me to the hospital across the street and 2 hours later they called me and told me what they found. But I really don't see how. I honestly don't think they took enough at surgery but I have no way of finding out. So now I am looking for a second opinion and a way to get this fixed

I went because of my 20 lb weight gain. I really hurts to get on here and see that ppl have lost any weight. I'm 7 weeks out and I weight more now then I did the day of my surgery. We went over my eat habits and my exercise routine. Then they sent me to the hospital across the street and 2 hours later they called me and told me what they found. But I really don't see how. I honestly don't think they took enough at surgery but I have no way of finding out. So now I am looking for a second opinion and a way to get this fixed

I think an EGD or scope would be able to confirm your stomach size, but I would definitely go to another dr for this to be done. I doubt your doctor wants to admit he may have messed up. So sorry you are going through this...

I read some of you early posts. it sounds like you could not stop eating even after surgery. Does this have something to do with the stretching of your stomach ?

What type of post op diet were you on? It seems crazy that anyone can gain the first month of liquids. The calorie amounts are so low it just doesnt seem possible! I hope they can get to the bottom of this for you! So sorry you are struggling! :(

I read some of you early posts. it sounds like you could not stop eating even after surgery. Does this have something to do with the stretching of your stomach ?

It's not that I couldn't stop eating 4oz was not enough for me. In the hospital I was eating more then 4 oz. I really don't think I ate alot at all.

It's not that I couldn't stop eating 4oz was not enough for me. In the hospital I was eating more then 4 oz. I really don't think I ate alot at all.

Eating in the hospital? All I got was ice chips until my third day and that was after I left hospital. Something isn't right.