Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Increased water+protein= 11pound this week!

Thanks for the info! I'll be making some changes tomorrow!

Over a period of two weeks I upped my Protein to 100g and increased the Water, I lost 6 lbs in about 10 days and I had stalled for over a month. I found a Protein Drink at The Vitamin Shoppe by ABB called Pure Pro50 and Lean Body (40). I force myself to get one of those down a day and the rest is from food. Additionally, I have been taking this herb called Moringa mixed with apple juice that is FULL OF NUTRITION you can find it on Amazon. My nails are beginning to grow and get harder and my Hair loss is not falling out as much and most importantly I am not dragging (*ss) as much as I was - I had no energy.

Over a period of two weeks I upped my Protein to 100g and increased the water' date=' I lost 6 lbs in about 10 days and I had stalled for over a month. I found a Protein Drink at The Vitamin Shoppe by ABB called Pure Pro50 and Lean Body (40). I force myself to get one of those down a day and the rest is from food. Additionally, I have been taking this herb called Moringa mixed with apple juice that is FULL OF NUTRITION you can find it on Amazon. My nails are beginning to grow and get harder and my hair loss is not falling out as much and most importantly I am not dragging (*ss) as much as I was - I had no energy.[/quote']

How many calories do you average per day?

I haven't ever kept track of my calories or done the my fitness pal or logged my food because I cannot eat over 4 ounces. If I had to guess I am getting anywhere from 800 to 1000 a day. The shake alone is 240.....and I can eat about as much as a crunchy taco, occasionally I can eat two but I am hurting if I do and have to be super hungry. I walk about 1 - 3 miles at a time a few times a week. I am 56 down since 10/18 with a full one month's stall, during which time, I did not meet my Protein requirements. Its amazing that malnutrition can cause stalls like that, if I totally believed that then all the starving kids in ethiopia and africa would not be bone thin, however, I did stall out for about a month.

I haven't ever kept track of my calories or done the my fitness pal or logged my food because I cannot eat over 4 ounces. If I had to guess I am getting anywhere from 800 to 1000 a day. The shake alone is 240.....and I can eat about as much as a crunchy taco, occasionally I can eat two but I am hurting if I do and have to be super hungry. I walk about 1 - 3 miles at a time a few times a week. I am 56 down since 10/18 with a full one month's stall, during which time, I did not meet my Protein requirements. Its amazing that malnutrition can cause stalls like that, if I totally believed that then all the starving kids in ethiopia and africa would not be bone thin, however, I did stall out for about a month.

This concept is somewhat similar to miss diva's bootcamp. I was set to start the bootcamp today (mentally). I've been doing great so fat it is 1:20 in the afternoon and I'm already working on my 14th cup of Water.

I have noticed that I have not had the urge to snack since I've been drinking so much Water. Also when I ate my salad at lunch I did get full much faster. I'm going to continue to do this all week as I'm currently weighing in at 202 and my weight loss has been 3-4 lbs a month. I am nearly a year out so I know it does slow down, but I still want to lose -50 lbs.

Nevermind, my husband's birthday is on Saturday and we are going for dinner and drinks with a bunch of friends. I would love, love, love it if I got to onderland by then.

Breakfast: 1egg pan fried in olive oil

3 slices turkey bacon

Snack: 2 boiled egg whites

1 whole boiled egg

Lunch: Grilled boneless chix breast

Steamed veggies

Snack: Premier Protein shake

(Costco)

Dinner: Grilled fish or chicken

Steamed veggies

I am 5 months post op as of March 8. I still cant eat this much food in a days time. I do the Unjury shake with 1 1/2 scoop Protein 10 oz almond milk. If I am lucky I will eat 2 small meals of about 4 /5 bites of food mainly meat. vegetables make me sick since surgery. I drink about 64 oz Water. I think my acid reflux med kills the appetite. no snacking. some days I will get the second Protein Shake in. I have lost 71 pounds but several stalls.

Very encouraging. I'm almost at 4 months and down almost 50 pounds. The last several weeks have been at stand still. I have a hard time getting my Protein and Water in. This has encouraged me to really work at it. I also have a hard time with sweets (ie, chocolate, carbs) they do not seem to bother me. I need to work on leaving them alone. I was hoping they wouldn't sound good to me after surgery but's one thing I can tolerate pretty well...to my surprise. There are a lot of things I can't. Thanks for sharing your progress.

I know it seems that I eat a lot of food, but really I spread it outover the day so that I am never feeling stuffed. For example, the two boiled egg whites and whole boiled egg I may not finish in one sitting. I work really long hours so I tend to pick at that any time of the day when I feel hungry. So, I categorized it as a snack since I am typically not eating it as a meal, but it may be spread over the day. The ice cold Protein drink I save for my long commute home since there are several hours between that and when I ate lunch, and I typically do not start dinner as soon as I get home because I have to walk my pups first.

Ducker, I do good to eat twice a day and only 5 or 6 baby spoon bites each time. Plus Protein Shake and Water. I think my acid reflux medicine kills my appetite totally. I havent been able to eat anymore than this on most days since I went on this medicine.

curious how many calories do you average daily

This is not working for me but no worries nothing seems to work for me right now lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I have had a rough time making the numbers I wanted after surgery. During the all liquids phase I did excellent with my weightloss but it slowed drasticly after I started foods again. I had trouble making it to 64 ounces of Water and meeting the protien recomendations. a little overa week ago I was desperate when I gained 4 lbs in my fourth month so I decided to consume 120+ ounces of Water and go over my daily recomended Protein requirments. I lost 11lbs this week!!! I was really affraid I wouldn't lose any more weight but my hope is renewed =) Just wanted to share and encourage anyone who isn't drinking enough water or getting enough protein!

Thanks for the great advice, Tamara! Have your losses continued at a good clip since you posted this? Also, do you drink plain water only--no flavorings such as Mio or Crystal Lite?

Thanks again!

I lost 5.6 pounds last week by increasing my Water and Protein after over a month stall...