Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List of slider foods

saltine crackers

pretzels

yogurt

You can Google "slider foods" too.

So far nothing has been a slider for me. I'd like to know too!

I'd the thought I was all clear of it, or it seemed, until I ate to the fill line and twice had a small experience with shrimp ate the 2 left on plate (earlier than 2 months out) and then one of the ground meat in a burger I wanted and ate the last bite.

I am just at 1-1/2 months out. I do believe these will stay put after a while longer.

pardon me, good thing I did google, but please also tell me whats the term mean as you see that it is ?

edit for: tried to load google info but was not dable,

google basically let me know you mean goes through quickly out the stomach pouch and not comes back like it slides up, hope thats not gross, sorry.

Edited by JKG

Slider foods are foods that you are able to eat a lot (to much) of. They tend to be low Protein carb filled "junk" type foods.

You will not feel the restriction in your stomach as you do with dense protein.

Therefore making them a "dangerous" choice for some who tend to over eat.

Oh! oh! For me mashed potatoes and gravy :)

I see, I have felt a few times that way after eating what ever that was, hmmm,, guess I read around site months back but let it go, I'll keep it in mind and look at the lists I can google some as well. I do now have a kind of specific menu I didn't judge so just eat it all, but ate the shrimp early any way for a few meals.

I am a newbie and have read a little about slider foods. Can you tell me some foods to avoid because they are sliders? I read popcorn' date=' shakes, ice cream and chips are sliders to avoid. Any else?[/quote']

It's generally foods that are high in calorie, low in nutrition. They either don't take up enough room in your sleeve, or they pass through too easily like ice cream. For me, onion rings turned out to be a slider. We went out to eat the other night and I ate 4 big ones and didn't feel a thing. But I had the calories of a regular (for me) meal.

I did this a while back and posted it somewhere on the forums, but here's why chips can be a slider food. This is 1680 calories, 84 g fat and 192 carbs after being crunched up by my tiny little pulse blender. I can't imagine how small they would be if I put them in the vitamix blender. Maybe I'll do that one day.

Now, as a new sleever you may not be able to eat that much. But give it about a year and your capacity will increase to the point where you likely could if you wanted too.

post-17584-13813662662159_thumb.jpg

post-17584-13813662662969_thumb.jpg

Wow great visual

The only slider I have found so far (luckily) is Cereal. I've been craving it big time, which is odd because I wasn't a cereal person before surgery. I bought it for a recipe and ended up eating the whole box in a few days. At least it was Fiber One so the carbs weren't as bad as they could have it.

So far nothing has been a slider for me. I'd like to know too!

Same here

5 day pouch test

The first 2 days is liquids

the 3rd is soft Protein like eggs/tuna

the 4th is firm Protein like ground meat

and the 5th and final is solid protein