Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm at a stand still

Hi , I've hit 47 pounds and I'm stuck, actually go up a pound and down a pound. This makes me so nervous!!! Nothing scares me more than the thought of gaining a single ounce.

My surgery was Nov. 14th and I feel so good now! But being stuck at 187 (was 235 when I started) scares me!!! Someone said that it could be from working out and that my body is trying to adjust. I do also notice that I am able to eat a little bit more than I could before, but I'm NOT eating bad things.

What if I don't lose another pound?! OMG I'm so nervous. Can anyone out there help me get through this?

Most everyone will hit a stall. Just keep with the program. Get in your Protein and fluids. In the beginning when i would hit a stall, I would add a few extra calories to my diet. and that always seemed to jump start my weight loss. As soon as the weight was moving again, I would go back to eating fewer calories. Now, I work out a little harder at the gym and that works for me...I think our bodies get accustom to what we're doing, and we need to shake it up a little.

This is so normal for all of us...... This is a journey and our body does fluctuate like that...... You will start to lose really soon. Your boy in compensating for the lbs losse. This is what my body did about the same point and weight loss really slowed down. Just keep eating healthy and stay positive. After all you have loss a lot of weight so far... :P

Thanks for the support, I really need it right now. The fear of gaining is a horrible feeling. I CAN do this! :ph34r:

you must remember that muscle weighs more than fat. i know it's hard not to become fixated on the scale but we need to refrain from weighing daily to weekly or every other. your body is probably adjusting. plus you have to eat more when working out as long as your selecting the healthier options you should be fine. you will get over this hump!

Thanks for posting your concerns! I was sleeved on Nov. 19th and I've lost 41 lbs. and at a total stand still! I too was getting worried! After looking at your responses I've gotten some ideas and some needed assurance that this is normal.

Thanks guys!

Same thing happening to me, I have decided to weigh only once a week and stick to a max of 800 cals a day

Hang in there we need to be strong and PAtient (that the hardest for me)

The fear in the back of my mind will not go away. I NEVER want to be 235 pounds again EVER

I'm so glad I have this to come to for support. I need it sometimes, and it helps knowing others have faced the same issues as me. Thank you all! :wub:

I'm stuck too! Went for a check up today and just really new to concentrate on getting enough Protein and not getting in the routine of things! Add in more exercise even if its 10 minutes first thing in the morning just to jump start your metabolism. Hang in there!

I read on another thread to make sure your Vitamin D levels are sufficient

@KDNetta127 You are right about the scale, I was weighing myself daily, I slid the scale under the counter and now am only going to weigh myself on Friday's, and that is it. Had a good 45 minute workout this morning, and drinking my Water and started to do Protein Shakes again for 1 meal a day. Hopefully it will come off this week. My husband said that I lost a lot really fast so who cares if it takes another year to lose the other 30, as long as I lose right! Trying to stay positive. Thanks All for your support, it really helps a lot! :wub:

you must remember that muscle weighs more than fat. i know it's hard not to become fixated on the scale but we need to refrain from weighing daily to weekly or every other. your body is probably adjusting. plus you have to eat more when working out as long as your selecting the healthier options you should be fine. you will get over this hump!

Hey good people, how long was it before the doctor cleared you to get back in the gym to do some weight training.

And how many grams of Protein should I be taking in per day?

i was cleared at my 2 week checkup. my doc said i could resume zumba and weight training...

between 60-90 grams of Protein daily