Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you were a smoker pre-op. Then I think half of one cigarette is pretty good. Don't beat yourself up too much but don't give up on quitting either. Probably a good idea not to have them around and tell any smokers you know not to give in to your pleading. Good luck.

pre-op for any surgery quiting is better for when you have anetsthia starting 6 weeks before your date and post op it helps you heal to stay quit for as long as you can and there is some risk to infection from smoking post up. In any surgery situation if your not quit 6 weeks in advance thay may not ask you to yet any anesthioligist might also tell you any amount of time is better than not according to my primary care doctor, it was recomended by my surgeon to quit and used to be not only manditory but they would have you quiting months ahead, things changed with that apearantly.

I understand that smoking is addictive (was a smoker myself years ago), but you are flat out stupid if you take it up again post op. Serious complications can occur. Not only that, why in the hell would you have surgery to save you from obesity, but continue to smoke? Idiocy personified!

I understand that smoking is addictive (was a smoker myself years ago), but you are flat out stupid if you take it up again post op. Serious complications can occur. Not only that, why in the hell would you have surgery to save you from obesity, but continue to smoke? Idiocy personified!

Yea, whos ? what do you know if we smoke or not or are still caught up in it.

It can cause us ulcers, leaks & what not. I was a smoker for 15yrs (off and on, mainly on) stopped right before surgery. I've had a few drags post op and it was gross lol. Researching if there is any negative from ecigs and the sleeve. I'll let you know if I find out anything

Your choice you two, plainly, we all know enough about it. I'd kick you out the room if you told my old man not to light at his age on occasions I was with him. I've been able to had stay quit for a good long while,not saying did I have half a smoke, or light up again now, so what, its plainly foolish to say so when el critico is watching and for fun of just that.

I tried many times before and had some good time years ago and several times longest amounted to 2 yrs 4 mths. Regardless it is a big pile up when your asked to stop all your vices at once and stress will be there for sure starting the weeks after this surgery. It's not understandable by a non smoker properly.

I tell you this much too, I do not drink alcohol period, as a fact, I should hope that doesn't have the effect that some one will come to call me an idiot for saying a thing about also.

Vaping hasn't the carsenigens, it's a hard question to answer, I am unsure there is developed info there but it stops craving as it provides nicotine if you buy the ones that are at that strength. If your at half a cigarette you can purchase nic gum and chew instead.

Lol well niccoret is not for me, I tried to quit last summer with it and it made me the b***h from hell. My friends and family were a lot safer when I went cold turkey for surgery. Went back to work recently and the stress and being around smokers plus the food I was thinking well I don't wanna eat bad food, don't wanna risk ulcers and the fact I promised my son to stay smoke free, and don't wanna kill anyone from the stress that I think getting a ecig would be the right choice for me.

I understand that smoking is addictive (was a smoker myself years ago)' date=' but you are flat out stupid if you take it up again post op. Serious complications can occur. Not only that, why in the hell would you have surgery to save you from obesity, but continue to smoke? Idiocy personified![/quote']

Maybe you could try to be a little more sensitive, dear.

I've been 2 months non-smoking it is hard!!! I use an electronic cig every now and than for a few puffs....

Thank you for the tip!

;)