Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i left my lunch at home, i pack my food daily for work and forgot one meal. so at work they had pizza so i had a slice of cheese and pepporoni. than there was a huge cheese danish, i had a piece of that. than at dinner tonight at work i had 2 fried chicken wings with salad. now i feel like im going down a bad road i want more danish, a co worker took it out of the office so i wouldnt be tempted, what happened today? was it the carbs that started it or just not being prepared. i mean i packed all my foods and didnt notice my lunch was missing. i feel like crap right now. my co worker is so sweet she said that i dont eat like that everyday and its ok. i dont feel ok dang it

For me, I go into a feeding frenzy when I start eating certain things.. such as flour. carbs from veggies don't send me into a feeding frenzy. but bread, pizza, pie.. anything like this and it's like a floodgate opening up. I really can't do moderation with certain things because it just makes me want more and more.

The good news is that tomorrow is a new day.

Lol I think where you went wrong is the two chicken wings... I would of gone back for a second piece of Danish !

You feel bad now that's ok, it will be a lesson learned. Sometimes we go off track but all is not lost if you learn something from it. :)

Did you enjoy it? If you did cut yourself some slack, we're all human after all. Who knows it might ramp up your metabolism and you might have a great loss this week.

The thing for me is it doesn't sound like you conciously decided to eat the food and more it got the better of you.

Maybe look at planning some occassional indulgences into your food plan so you don't feel out of control.

You've lost a truck load of weight - one day isn't the end of the world!

Deano

First, looking at the numbers you have posted, you are doing great! Do not let decisions made today ruin your tomorrow. And, if you look objectively at today, it could have been worse. You didn't have 3 slices of pizza. You didn't eat the whole danish. I don't eat chicken wings, but is there much meat on 2?? It seems to me like you got back on track immediately.

Maybe you could keep Protein bars at work for those rare times you forget your lunch. We all have these moments. We learn as we go. Congratulations on losing 50 pounds!!

seren you are right i thought the same exact thing. carbs do trigger.

laura you are so funny i take you love sweets with that comment.

dean i enjoyed the pizza :) the danish yum the chicken i didnt :unsure: i thought about the calories might jolt my metabolisim, tomorrow is a new day. thanks

annie you are so right. and thanks

these are the numbers

cals 1418

carbs 119

protien 86

fat 65

sodium 2674 ( way to much)

That's not that bad do you remember how much we used to eat!

And your right about the sweets! If I "f**k up" it will be with those gigantic muffins my damn husband keeps buying from costco, which by they way he never used to buy... 0_o

uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sabatager he is

dont do it laura. and i spirled out of control had a bag of doritos and another piece of danish. omg this will not happen again i will make sure i have all my foods for the day

It's okay- we're human and I'm sure we all will have our days.

Last week, I decided to go out with my family not knowing the restaurant of choice. It ended up being Chinese. Even though I know veggie dishes were better options, I decided to give noodles a try, ordering Shrimp Lo Mein (just reached six months post-op). I highly enjoyed all the veggies and shrimp but allowed myself to have some noodles (was very strict with myself) so I wouldn't jump off the deep end and eat something worse or even triple the amount of a slider food. Even after feeling guilty for days, I increased my workouts for the week and am looking at 6-8 pounds gone this week. I know we all fear going back to our old selves but you have to remember that life is short and we only live once. So allow yourself to have a Danish once a month, maybe even splitting it with that coworker of yours.

Congrats on all your hard work thus far :)

Don't beat yourself up, we've all done it whether we admit it or not. There was a day where I had a cinnamon bun oozing with frosting, a chocolate bar, and pizza. The next day I got right back on track and dropped 3lbs. Just focus and don't make it a habit, it's good to indulge every once in awhile to keep yourself happy and feeling normal.

melissa and karrisa thank you so much for those kind words. i plan to be back to normal today i will be prepared today, that was the first day since surgery 4 months ago it happend and it wont happen again, meaning forgeting a meal. and my lunch was, you will never guess, it was on my sick when i got home i was so mad last night, but not today. again thank you for being here all of you.

dean, oh dean ithe scale went up 2lbs, bummer but i will get back on track starting today. grrrrrrrrrrr

Hello new grandmother!

It's a new day today and I know we will do great! I walked right past those muffins!

And you are on the right track, don't let one day make you think that your not :)

Tomorrow is my sons birthday and I know I will be staring down a birthday cake. wish me luck!