Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you all!! Will follow up!

Are you well hydrated? I got food poisoning (Broccoli Soup at Coco's -- BEWARE!) and despite my insane consumption of liquids, I got dehydrated. My body was so dehydrated that my muscles started getting really tight, including my chest muscles. I couldn't inhale, thought I was having a heart attack (worst case scenario always comes to mind first), so I went to the ER. 2 bags of Fluid through an IV and I felt a million times better.

Just a thought, in case maybe you haven't been getting in enough fluids. I'm no doctor, so don't listen to me.

Fyre

I hope you are feeling better. If I were you I would also follow up with your surgeon or pcp.

My husband had a similar episode 4 months post op and it turned out to be kidney stones. They didn't show up on ultrasound. It took 5 or 6 days to pass one. Turns out he had a second one two days later. I have heard that kidney stones are more common post sleeve because they are more common with dehydration and a lot of us have trouble getting all our Water in.

Your surgeon's office should have someone on call. Call the office asap and speak with them, so they can advise you in the meantime. Take it easy. Hang in there!

I'm glad you reacted right away and you kept everyone informed. Your forum friends can support you and have new info about a potential postop experience to be vigilant about.

I've had gallstones and it was easily worse than labor. A friend had kidney stones and it reduced her to tears. Dehydration does wonky things to our bodies, as does rapid weight loss.

Definitely follow up with your PCP and surgeon. And please keep us posted. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Amanda Rae

Fyre

I hope you are feeling better. If I were you I would also follow up with your surgeon or pcp.

My husband had a similar episode 4 months post op and it turned out to be kidney stones. They didn't show up on ultrasound. It took 5 or 6 days to pass one. Turns out he had a second one two days later. I have heard that kidney stones are more common post sleeve because they are more common with dehydration and a lot of us have trouble getting all our Water in.

I have to agree be persistent with your PCP & surgeon until you get concrete answers. Never feel bad for going to the ER or any other Dr. when you need to. Their lack of bedside manner has nothing to do with you. I would complain to that hospital concerning their response after you have recovered. There is no excuse for that type of behavior. I do hope you are feeling better today and the days to come.....best wishes Tina

Of course no one is mad at you! At least you took care of yourself and did the right thing. Now we all know about the morphing so you helped us too.

Don't ever allow a healthcare provider make you feel like you did something wrong. You are a consumer, and you paid for a service. What shouldn't have been included was indifference and judgement. I agree that you need to follow up with your surgeon ad pcp. Six years ago, I had a pain on my right side that would wake me from sound sleep. If I took a deep breath, it went straight through me. Went to urgent care, doc palpated my abdomen, I had rebound tenderness, taps my foot and it causes abdominal pain. Sends me straight to the ER. I have a gallbladder ultrasound done and it's negative. My labs are normal. I'm discharged home. My pain continues so my PCP orders a CT of my abdomen. It reveals an ovarian cyst. I wasn't buying that as the source of my pain. She orders a HIDA scan the next day. Didn't react as the tech thought I should, so he had me get out of scanner ad walk around for 30 minutes. Resume the test, and he says it's normal. Tell my pcp when she calls to give the results what happened, and she's furious. She calls a surgeon who agrees the tech fouled the test. I'm in surgery the next morning, to remove a sludge filled gallbladder.

You have to be persistent. Only you know your body.

I've never heard of pain from losing weight either, but what do I know? I'm glad you're ok! Let us know what the surgeon says!!

XOXO

Frye sorry about what you went through yesterday. Today is a new day and I hope you are feeling better. Please keep us posted. .

Hi Frye. Glad to hear you are ok. 82 lbs. is a lot and I am not surprised that it would take a toll on you. It broke my heart that you were feeling dumb in the ER, and no doctor should make you feel that way. That is their job and they are doing you no favors. So if you are ever in a similar position again ( and I really hope you wont) remember that doctors have to CARE for you. Warm wishes for you!

Hang in there honey. You did the right thing!

Thank you!

Thank you!

I hope you're feeling better.

Amanda Rse

I just read all this like I wana watching a damn movie!