Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

24 Newb in Ok-Scared, Excited, Nervous

I have been thinking about WLS for quite some time, and I have found myself to finally have the health insurance, time away from work, and finances to maybe make this thing happen. My father and step mother each have had the band with (in my opinion) lack-luster results. My step mom did have quite a but more luck than my dad, but it seems that they both have had some issues with the band and I just knew I didn't want to go that route..... Initially, I really was leaning for the RNY but the no NSAIDs thing I don't think I can live with because I don't know what health issues I may have in the future so I don't want to cut such a broad class of drugs out of the picture. I am currently 295 5'5" with no diabetes, no joint issues, no hbp,etc. etc. My only real issues are occasional sinus stuff and Migraine headaches that I have had off and on since I was around 9 or 10. Basically I want to hopefully get this weight off before I end up with those issues. I have talked to 3 different WLS drs offices and went to two of their seminars after deciding against my dad/stepmom's surgeon. I have settled on Dr. Ronnie Keith in Norman, Ok. & have my first appt with him and the nutritionist in a couple weeks (per insurance must see nutritionist 1x/month for 3 months prior to surgery) I have been obsessed reading everything I can since I have decided to pursue this option further. I have done the weight watchers, calorie counting, exercise, personal trainer, diet pills, all that fun stuff and I haven't had any long term success. I am hoping I will gain the tools and knowledge I need through this to make it work for me. I don't have the greatest support system.... Far from it and that is one of my biggest concerns. Anyways, I have been lurking for a few days and this site is fantastic I hope to meet other people who can relate to me for once!

I'm in Oklahoma city, I just had a sleeve revision done in Dallas last week.

Nice to hear from someone around here! Lol I know it's not really true but I feel like I'm all alone out here!

I hope you're feeling okay and heal up quickly

I am in OKC and went to weightwise. Fabulous !!!!

You are not alone. This is a journey, a tough one, but you can do it.

I'm in Oklahoma and scheduled for surgery Feb 12th with Dr. Broussard in Edmond.

I'm in Oklahoma and scheduled for surgery Feb 12th with Dr. Broussard in Edmond.

I had mine January. 15 with dr. Walton. Everything went great. Healed quick back to work in 4 days. Half days. I am so thankful I did this. Maybe I will meet you at the support groups. I have lost 32 lbs. preop 15 post op 17.

I went to their seminar ( my mom's boyfriend/man friend/whatever they are had dr Walton about a year and a half ago) they won't accept my insurance and since I do have coverage for it, I looked around a bit more. Their program does look nice though and lots of happy people from there. If I were self pay I would go there way before traveling out of the country.

I had mine January. 15 with dr. Walton. Everything went great. Healed quick back to work in 4 days. Half days. I am so thankful I did this. Maybe I will meet you at the support groups. I have lost 32 lbs. preop 15 post op 17.

That's awesome!! I'm super excited. I try to come to support at least twice a month. I live in Northern OK. I'm planning on taking the week off to recoup!!

I am from Northeast Oklahoma. I am going to Bailey Medical in Owasso.

I'm in Oklahoma city' date=' I just had a sleeve revision done in Dallas last week.[/quote']

I'm in Oklahoma City too. When you say a sleeve revision what do you mean? What do they do and why did you have to have a revision?

I'm around Dallas, but always go up to Oklahoma, at least a few times a month in Hugo area. I believe the revision is where they remove the band, and do the sleeve. Good luck with everything.

How did surgery go with Dr. Broussard? I have a consultation with him on Monday!

How did surgery go with Dr. Broussard? I have a consultation with him on Monday!

Went AMAZING!! I couldn't ask for a better surgeon. I really like him and the entire staff. No complications. Went home the very next morning. I've heard some people say they don't like him but I think it's because he is a no nonsense kind of guy. But if your doing what he asks he is a sweetheart. I could go on and on about him. I'm really pleased. Let me know if you have any specific questions. And definitely attend support group meetings. They are very helpful and motivating.