Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Walking down the hall way to my desk, our IT guy is walking behind me and says, "If you lose anymore weight, one day your clothes are gonna just fall right off!" He is referencing my now too big size 16s I keep wearing anyway. I smile, "And say I know. I need to go shopping. I have 40 more pounds to go before I'm done." As he turns down his row, he smirks, "Twig!" I laugh, and am torn between thinking, "ME!? A Twig!? What!? What. What?" and simply, "Thank you, for such a great compliment!"

I am struggling a lot with percetion. I am struggling to see my new self. When I lookin the mirror, am I smaller? Yes, am I still chubby, and all I see is that chub? Yes. My boyfriend makes me feel small. He wraps his arms around me so tight now, its a wonderful feeling and I love it. When he hugged me the other day, I whispered, "This makes me feel small." He whispered back, "Thats because you are small." My brother in law hugged me on Thanksgiving, and yelled out, "Look at that! My arms go all the way around little girl!" I was flying high from happiness and embarassment.

I'm now comfortably in as size 14 down from 20/22s. After this size, I'm entering into terriory I've not known as an adult, and frankly I'm excited and scared. My goal is to wear a size 10/11. I love being smaller, don't get me wrong. But, I most of the time still don't think that I am. I still think and feel most of the time, that I'm still size 20 me. I'm still ashamed and embarassed or worried that I look awful. My jeans are baggy, my coat is too big. My shoe size is smaller for heaven's sake... why can't I see and accept that I am smaller!? I'm less 75 pounds of me. Thats the size of a child!

Recently, a coworker of mine, who knew I was getting surgery showed me a photo he took of me the day before my surgery. I didn't even recognize her. I was like, "That is me?" That person doesn't even register as me anymore.

I'm exactly 7 months post op in two days. I've lost 75 pounds from my highest weight recorded in Febuary of 2011.

Any of you struggle with this? What helped?

Here is my before from my coworker, one I took the morning of surgery, and a picture I took just 2 weeks ago. This is the first time I've done a side by side.....

post-20720-13813662599958_thumb.jpg

post-20720-1381366260186_thumb.jpg

post-20720-13813662603182_thumb.jpg

U look great. Go u excise ? Have you every cheated? At any point did you gain?

Congrats on the weight loss. What a great feeling it is when snuggling with hubs/boyfriend and feeling so close. I love this too. Yeah, self perception is a tricky thing and I think that most people struggle with trying to see ourselves as others see us (small or tiny for example). It has taken me awhile to adjust to my reflection, but like other things it gets more "normal" feeling as time passes by. In the mean time, enjoy all of the little nsvs that occur and keep on plugging towards goal. You will be there before you know it.

U look great. Go u excise ? Have you every cheated? At any point did you gain?

Thank you. :)

i do exercise. I walk, hoop dance, lift weights, and just started working with kettle bells. I have "cheated", but I don't really consider it cheating anymore. I just remember everything in moderation, and I only let myself have this mini break from being really disaplined during Christmas time. And so far, I have not gained weight, only held steady for weeks at a time with no loss.

U def look great. I'm struggling I have gained 25 do far and I'm 6 weeks out. I'm trying to say positive but it's very hard

U def look great. I'm struggling I have gained 25 do far and I'm 6 weeks out. I'm trying to say positive but it's very hard

Hang in there! Have you talked with a nutritionist? She can help get you back on track. Sometimes, thats all we need is someone to help remind us that we can do this and remind us of the tools we have acess too. :)

You look wonderful!!! Maybe you should look at these pics when you don't feel 'small'.......75 lbs is a lot of weight. I've lost 40 in total from start of process to now (7 weeks out) and I'm having a 'fat day'. You know those days where you just feel fat , one of those.

We need to be kinder and gentler to ourselves....we are doing a good thing for our health and need to be as kind as we would to a friend who has lost weight. You're an inspiration. Keep up the great work.

I'm 5 months out and it is slowly sinking in that I have went from almost 200lbs to 126lbs! It really hits ya when you buy a few new outfits each month or so. Maybe that will help you feel like you're really smaller... I love buyinclothes now! Sometimes I just try stuff on with no intention of buying just to see where I'm at... Try that....You look awesome by the way!!!

Yes, I think some thrift store shopping will be happening this week. That is one of the things that I can not deny... my pants are too big. The jeans I am wearing, 7 months ago I could not wear at all, and now they're getting too baggy to wear any longer. That, is still bizarre, but it is something I can not deny.

Huh? Do you mean yo LOST 25 pounds??? I don't know if it's physically possible to GAIN 25 pounds in the first 6 weeks... If you meant to say you LOST 25 pounds, then I say 5+ pound per week weight loss is AWESOME.. If you really did mean to say you GAINED 25 pounds then please go see your doctor because you could have something causing you to retain fluids.

And OP Congrats on your transformation. I'm still at the beginning of my journey, but I don't even notice any difference yet.... maybe after the first 50 pounds.

I'm 5 months out and it is slowly sinking in that I have went from almost 200lbs to 126lbs! It really hits ya when you buy a few new outfits each month or so. Maybe that will help you feel like you're really smaller... I love buyinclothes now! Sometimes I just try stuff on with no intention of buying just to see where I'm at... Try that....You look awesome by the way!!!

Would you be willing to post a pic? I'd love to see what 126lbs look like on someone who used to weigh that much. That's amazing!