Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one who has NOT lost hair?

I'm at 2 months post op and though I was losing fistfuls of hair before, I am loosing a lot less now

My hairdresser says my hair is fine and I have a lot of hair. I sure hate the idea of loosing my hair. Did you have to wear a wig? Did people notice you were loosing your hair?

I am at 3 months out and have not lost any hair... But it might be just around the corner! Who knows!?

I am sooooo dreading this. My daughter is getting married on 17th March and I will be 4 months out. She wants the day to be perfect, as all brides do. I'm thinking that a bald mother of the bride might spoil the photos a little.

I am very nervous of this as well as I have really thin hair and a bald spot already from when I was a kid. I started taking Biotin before surgery and continue with that as well as silica and just recently started to use nioxin hair products. Was sleeved a few weeks ago and know its early but gonna try my best to minimize the Hair loss before it starts, but I have to accept its the price I may have to pay in exchange for the weight loss. Fingers crossed for everybody as I find this almost the scariest part of having the surgery.

It happens to most WLS patients, for me it started in my pre-op dieting and continued until about 7 months post-op. I kept my hair trimmed so it wouldn't look straggly, no one ever seemed to notice but me, heck it was scary getting fistfuls at times. Its filling back in nicely now...I'm 9 months out.

I'm five months out and haven't experienced any loss yet. It's interesting how varied the responses are.

It's kind of gross when the hair runs down my body in the shower, ick. Hopefully it slows down soon, fortunately I have long thick hair so it's not noticeable.

I thought I was the only one who noticed it running down my body...lol

I've heard the Hair loss is from a lack of Omega 3's and Iron. Biotin helps you synthesize these but if you're not getting enough in the first place biotin will be a waste of dosh. better to get some good quality salmon oil and liquid iron. Iron is absorbed with Vitamin C and food (same with omega oils-do not take on an empty stomach!)